ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 4:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:06 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:24 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:46 pm
You can tell a lot about a players character when the chips are down. Rice has stepped up and been a leader when West Ham were relegation threatened. Tielemans has been anonymous

Sorry that it upsets the Irish fans :D

Racist :wink: :lol: :lol:
It's where you make them though :D :wink:
:lol:

Monkey tennis? :D
I've listened to every one of your ideas..... :D
Who invented the skip?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I wonder if Moises Caicedo is the new Yves Bissouma.
Lots of hype and then disappears without trace

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:21 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:43 am
augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 am
Anyone else think that Tyler Adams from (relegated) leeds would be a good cheapish addition to our midfield ? I like him and Aaronson as good young high energy midfielders tbh
Tielemens and ward-prowse would be two obvious relegated options either, and both would be an upgrade on swiss turd and sambi imo
You have criticised Xhaka for years, and you see Tielemans as an upgrade? An upgrade would be Declan Rice in the 8, or Caicedo in the DM position. If we genuinely want to compete with City that's what we have to do, get at least one of them.

Don't want players with the sort of mentality that festered at Leicester for much of the season.

I see my dead grandmother as not just an upgrade, but a significant upgrade on the useless swiss c.unt

Let me add that yes rice would be an upgrade also, but he is not worth anywhere near the money being suggested for him - McAllister would be far better upgrade for the same or less money.

Finally, unlike others I dont see an unlimited transfer budget appearing on the horizon - we have several holes to fill or upgrade on, and I suspect that one of our signings is going to take a serious chunk out of that kitty. That tells me that we will need to fill in some holes with less expensive players for economic reasons - not every player we sign is going to be top quality (or even the level below it), so what we will need to do is fill in those gaps with the best players possible within our budget
Rice and McAllister different players. The latter is more of an offensive player playing number 10 for large parts of this season. And tell me a player that is genuinely worth his transfer value these days. Man Utd and Chelski has ruined the market over the last few years. BUT, financially we are in a position to compete. So if £85+ Balogun gets the Rice deal over the line, then get it done.

Rice is absolute mustard, he had Partey in his pocket at their gaff, and in a poor side generally is the stand out. For England he's almost undropable now, was a rock vs Italy away especially in that first half bossed midfield. No mean feat.

Actually, that's what concerns me. A big (or biggish) fish in a very small pond. In my opinion he's way over priced and I have severe reservations that he'd stand out in a top level side. Even in today's ridiculously inflated market, I'd say 40 million is plenty for him. Beyond that figure we ought to be looking elsewhere. I don't rate the England side as anything special and he's the "water carrier" in the side (as Cantona might say) and 80-100 million for the workhorse is nuts.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Thynker wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:11 pm
I wonder if Moises Caicedo is the new Yves Bissouma.
Lots of hype and then disappears without trace
Believe me - he's a lot better than him. Watched him when he was in Aussie with his national team & he was the standout player in both games. Better than Bubble'n Rice !. See you all next year chaps. Over & Out. :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal are reportedly looking into taking João Cancelo on an initial loan deal [Via - @HRachoff].

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:30 am
🚨 || Arsenal are reportedly looking into taking João Cancelo on an initial loan deal [Via - @HRachoff].
There will be a swap deal with KT

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:01 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:30 am
There will be a swap deal with KT

Nah - Tierney will either join the geordies (glasgow less than an hour away), or he'll go to villa to play for a manager that he knows believes in him

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have no intention of letting Emile Smith Rowe depart this summer. 22yo contracted until 2026 + important part of #AFC plans. After injury-hit campaign, hope is he shines at #U21EURO & in pre-season before big 23/24. W/ @ArtdeRoche @TheAthleticFC

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:01 pm
🚨 Arsenal have no intention of letting Emile Smith Rowe depart this summer. 22yo contracted until 2026 + important part of #AFC plans. After injury-hit campaign, hope is he shines at #U21EURO & in pre-season before big 23/24. W/ @ArtdeRoche @TheAthleticFC
The club have recently communicated very clearly to ESR that he is part of the plans for next season.

Gunnerblog

Great news for me , love the guy , lets hope he kicks on :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:16 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:01 pm
The club have recently communicated very clearly to ESR that he is part of the plans for next season.

Gunnerblog

Great news for me , love the guy , lets hope he kicks on :barscarf:

In my experience actions speak louder than words, and imo arteta's actions tells me that smith-rowe will never be any more than a fringe player under him - I love smith-rowe as a player and think that he could have been an absolute star for us, but we have to face facts and they show that he is behind all the regular starters AND portugese pussy vieira and even reiss nelson at times

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Vieira likely to go out on loan.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:57 pm
Where, to Claridge's as a hat stand?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Midz wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
He’s going to be loaned to a pillow factory. Looking to put his name to a new pillow design. Light as a feather. Soft as candy floss. “The Vieira”.

Midz

Post by Midz »

:D

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:08 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
He’s going to be loaned to a pillow factory. Looking to put his name to a new pillow design. Light as a feather. Soft as candy floss. “The Vieira”.

In american football there is a nice practice where a club/franchise will occasionally retire a legend's number (never to be used again) when he hangs up his boots/cleats - it pains me greatly to see the name of a true Arsenal Legend (PV4) sullied so much by this powder puff excuse for a footballer and man, and maybe we should petition the club to retire the name of Vieira as soon as we get shot of this lad ? :rubchin:
Have to say though, that I simply cannot see the basque fool sending vieira out on loan cos to do so would be admitting it was mistake to buy him, and he doesnt do that