ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

I had to smile at this one.....

Arsenal considering shock transfer move for ‘Iranian Messi’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

whatever next.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:16 pm
I had to smile at this one.....

Arsenal considering shock transfer move for ‘Iranian Messi’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

whatever next.
:lol: :lol:

I was hoping for the Kazakhstani Bergkamp. :wink:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

A good thread on Twatter about players we were linked with and fans wanted us to buy but dodged a bullet in hindsight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rehnato/stat ... 2410852360

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/08/mikel-ar ... -15391697/

I'd say this was more of a blessing than a dilemma.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rumours of us being interested in a Loan Deal for The Ox ! :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:27 pm
Has our kitman been injured? Or has one of the tea ladies left?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

No mate one of the cleaners has gone to Bongo Heaven. :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:

I love the ox (in a non homosexual way obviously), but I am convinced that he is only suited to the 4-4-2 formation and we dont play that anymore

Secondly I do actually believe that lego head could actually be interested in signing him, and that leads to a possible issue with position selection - many will suggest that he would be signing him to play in a midfield 3 (where though ? :? ), but I think that he would play him in an attacking 3 and that would of course be another nail in martinelli's AFC coffin.

I get that most rumours are b.ullshit, but by the same token we are losing a lot of players to the african nations cup for month of January and signing a loan player would make sense to pep's water boy

shu

Post by shu »

The last bit is a good point but i don't credit Arteta with the brains to take the Africa Nations into account.

Anyway he would be injured.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

I love the ox (in a non homosexual way obviously), but I am convinced that he is only suited to the 4-4-2 formation and we dont play that anymore

Secondly I do actually believe that lego head could actually be interested in signing him, and that leads to a possible issue with position selection - many will suggest that he would be signing him to play in a midfield 3 (where though ? :? ), but I think that he would play him in an attacking 3 and that would of course be another nail in martinelli's AFC coffin.

I get that most rumours are b.ullshit, but by the same token we are losing a lot of players to the african nations cup for month of January and signing a loan player would make sense to pep's water boy
All very true.., We NEED a Defensive / maybe Box to box midfielder - Like??? Bassouma (sp?) - Not someone like Ox who is an attacking MF as you say..

SIt's difficult enough with ESR and Odegaard playing in the midfield - too much alike though for me ESR shytes all over Odegaard...& to have a 3rd Attacking style MF would be madness

Also as you say re: Martinelli - I can see him being sold next summer and had he been given the time/playing time and right coaching could have become a real asset. But not with Captain Black in charge the dumb Fuck :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It ironic that after Wenger left and Emery took over, the way Dick set up the team was ideal for Ox and Giroud. Both of whom were let go by Wenger in his last season.
The 4-3-3 system would suit Ox's style of play. I recall the best games he had for us were when he played in the middle of the park. It's unfortunate for him at Liverpool that their front 3 have been consistently outstanding but also remained fit. Something he has struggled with.
I'd be open for him to come back because he, along with Wilshere should never have left when they did.
He'd be a great addition to the squad. It wouldn't affect martinelli as I'd see Ox in the midfield 3, not the front 3.
Ideally, our front 3 would be ESR, Saka, Martinelli. Midfield 3 of Odegaard, Ox and Lokonga would be effective and full of pace.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think a few of you lads on here might not have actually seen the Ox play! :lol: :wink:

He was at best an inconsistent tryer. A decent hard worker but with no real end product in passing or scoring goals or assists or creating chances. Also quite injury prone.

NOT what we need going forward.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:17 pm
I think a few of you lads on here might not have actually seen the Ox play! :lol: :wink:

He was at best an inconsistent tryer. A decent hard worker but with no real end product in passing or scoring goals or assists or creating chances. Also quite injury prone.

Wenger knocked the last bit of confidence out of him about a year and a half before he left.....shunting his lovechild Ramsey out in wide positions and dropping him to the bench despite being an infinitely better and more in form player at that stage of his career

Since then I'd agree - his last year with us was bang average at best, and at Liverpool he's been a permacock and mostly shite

Not even close to a priority signing for me

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Wenger knocked the last bit of confidence out of him about a year and a half before he left.....shunting his lovechild Ramsey out in wide positions and dropping him to the bench despite being an infinitely better and more in form player at that stage of his career

Since then I'd agree - his last year with us was bang average at best, and at Liverpool he's been a permacock and mostly shite

Not even close to a priority signing for me
True. Wenger at one point publicly fucked him under the bus by stating something like "he's his own worst enemy, has no confidence and not mentally strong enough" something along those lines anyway. What a way to build the kid's confidence!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

When i think of the ox i think of that BT advert with the mistaken identity piss take.. :| We had been ringholed 6-0 by those *word censored* and utterly humiliated..i couldn't go the wee prick from that point onwards.Fuck him.