ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:30 am
🚨 Arsenal are yet to make another official offer for Raphinha. Edu is wary before getting clarity on the situation from the player’s agent, Deco & he does not want to waste time. [@JacobsBen] #afc
he's already been sold you stupid c.unts!! Really, can we please get some adults in to do our transfers?
No he hasn't, hes holding out for Barca apparently

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Midz wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 Arsenal are yet to make another official offer for Raphinha. Edu is wary before getting clarity on the situation from the player’s agent, Deco & he does not want to waste time. [@JacobsBen] #afc
he's already been sold you stupid c.unts!! Really, can we please get some adults in to do our transfers?

I've my hands full of twitter rumours not sure if I'd have time to help out with actual transfers 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Full agreement between Richarlison representatives and Tottenham on personal terms. Long term contract agreed with his new agents, waiting to complete the deal with Everton. 🚨⚪️ #THFC

New direct contact scheduled soon to discuss deal details between the two clubs.

Do not rate him , whatever you think of Jesus think we got the better Brazilian
dont rate him but....fuck that was completed quickly....just like the way we do buisness :wink:
Back in the distant past , i seem to recall that along with player contracts Arsenal's financial year starts on July 1st.
Is this why we are not settling things until the next set of books ?
Good thinking mate, could well be! ?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:16 pm
Midz wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Well, he sure ain’t holding out for us.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 am
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:42 am
Arsenal could still yet come in for Youri Tielemans. They’ve put a year of work in with him & agreed terms, however no bid yet. United always held interest under Rangnick & if ten Haag made a move it could prompt Arsenal to bid [Via - @JacobsBen].

🚨 || Tielemans deal not so much “off” as priorities being elsewhere right now. Arsenal playing waiting game, knowing Tielemans doesn’t want to renew. Would choose Arsenal over United if it came down to it [Via - @JacobsBen].

Dangerous game we're playing, just get it done ffs :banghead:

Priorities elsewhere ? What like another undersized attacker/winger ? Fcuk knows you cannot have enough wingers :roll:
This has real echoes of TOF when he used to sign small albeit skilled players, but they were all of the same mode, size, position etc...

FFS! We "NEED" a Mid-field marshal who will Stop & Destroy the opposition. Partey was supposed to be that player, but he has balsa wood legs! :roll: :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:47 am

Like a new signing!!!

ah no seriously...who let this utter donkey back in????
That red metal figure can defend better than the tree hugger! :?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are waiting to hear from Raphinha’s agent, Deco. Should they be told Barcelona cannot sign him & the player would chose Arsenal over Chelsea, then they will make another offer to Leeds. [@Teamnewsandtix] #afc https://t.co/7i2FB6Nmb6

Midz

Post by Midz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:31 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:16 pm
Midz wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Well, he sure ain’t holding out for us.
Rather see him at Barca than the Chavs.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Raphinha has granted time to Barça in order to introduce the final proposal to Leeds of €60m + €10m. Despite Chelsea’s proposal Barça believe they can hijack the deal [Via - @GLongari].

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours that Martinelli has been offered a new 5 Yr contract with the option of another Yr.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Excl: Barcelona contacted Leeds yesterday night to submit new bid for Raphinha, following talks with Deco. Barça verbal proposal does not fulfill Leeds request, yet. 🚨🇧🇷 #Raphinha

Leeds insist on respecting the agreement with Chelsea for £60m.

It’s still open on player side.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 pm
🚨Exclusive: Arsenal have found a full agreement with Gabriel Martinelli over a new contract. The 21yo will have an increased salary and his new contract will run until 2027 + option for a further year. The Brazilian wants to stay at Arsenal for his whole career. #AFC https://t.co/pEdffTnUWY
Good news if this is accurate. Probably signals the end of the Raphina fiasco too.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm
As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.
The concern with the Jesus transfer is will he chase and press like he did at City or is he going somwhere cosy with a manager who is a friend...and of course Arsenal pay good wages

Hes not going there to win cups and leagues thats for sure
This is a good point. If Jesus comes to the Arsenal, he knows that he's taking a huge backward step and as Redarmy says, also knows that he won't be winning anything. Given that backdrop, he's gonna have to be very self motivated to consistently perform, because he sure as fuck ain't gonna be motivated by Captain Black.
He'll be going head to head with Richarlison for a World Cup spot.

Ok 265, I hope you're right to be optimistic about Jesus. However, I have severe doubts that he's the answer to our problems up front. Give me a prediction about the number of league goals you think he'll score next season and how many constitutes success?

In my opinion, anything less than 15 is a poor return and we ought to be expecting 20, but I reckon he'll end up with about 12 league goals tops.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

If Martinelli has signed a new long term deal will he get a shot up front and be considered the other striker to Eddie with Jesus filling in on the right hand side role leaving Saka on the left?