ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

"Interested" or "Bewildered" ???
No, it's Pepe who's bewildered......constantly!!!
If we get rid it will take him 6 months training just to learn where he is!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:43 am
Yes, that is what I was saying mate!... I have never seen someone who has that constantly "Surprised" look as if to say 'Where the Fuck Am I ?' :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 am
TomHelo14 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:26 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:34 pm
Nice are interested in Nicolas Pepe as per the reliable @Santi_J_FM
There IS a God :barscarf:
Course there is! :roll:

His name is Denis Bergkamp. :D :wink:
Praise be
Don't forget the:

:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21: :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

TeeCee wrote:
Imagine if him and Sanogo had ever crossed paths. Imagine those two up front. Doesn't even bear thinking about.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 am
TeeCee wrote:
Imagine if him and Sanogo had ever crossed paths. Imagine those two up front. Doesn't even bear thinking about.
Classic :D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:28 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 am
TeeCee wrote:
Classic :D :D :D
:lol:

The Postman and The Space Cadet... Sounds like one of those mini-comedy drama series they do on Channel 4

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Sanogo and Pepe or 'Lost in the post' as they could have been known.
Pepe really does appear to be thick as shit, one of those guys who, if he hadn't been lucky enough to become a footballer impersonator, he'd be washing elephants
(Copyright Mr Adebayor) :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Awww! Come on guys... He's not entirely Bad, I mean he's got a sweet left foot and .... :rubchin: No that's it. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal in talks with Nice about sending Nicolas Pepe on loan. Not done but discussions ongoing with hope it gets there. #AFC chances of signing a new winger always thought to have depended on 27yo winger leaving @TheAthleticUK after @garyjacob #OGCNice

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨TRANSFER NEWS: Mikel Arteta confirms summer signing Marquinhos will be staying at @Arsenal this season.
Was talks of a possible loan move, but now not happening, with the boss planning to involve him in the first team squad this season.🇧🇷

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Manks paying 60m for a 30 year old??? Fuck me, desperate is an understatement!!
I hope he gets injured in his first game. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nicolas Pépé is very close to joining Nice. The player is enthusiastic about the project. It is not yet known whether the loan will include an option to buy. [@Nice_Matin via @ClubNissa]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 pm
Manks paying 60m for a 30 year old??? Fuck me, desperate is an understatement!!
I hope he gets injured in his first game. :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, they have adopted the scatter-gun approach, they are simply throwing shitloads of money in all directions, trying to bring in "Big" names, trouble is they no longer have the pulling power they once had.

I am praying and hoping that Ten Haag will be an utter failure; not because of anything he's done or is etc, simply because having spent all this money they will continue to slip further down the table and be even more of a laughing stock.

#fuck-off-you-manc-*word censored*. :lol:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Positive indication about Saka and Martinelli contracts overnight. Needs to get done. Especially Martinelli, he is maturing & that is bad news for opposition defenders. He has always been ridiculously good but his is ironing out those rough edges. Also has been elevated big time by Jesus. I always knew Lacazette had a detrimental effect on Saka and Lacazette last season.

The moment I knew Martinelli was a proper player was last season against City, where he picked the ball up in the final third and even with three quarters of the length of the pitch to go, I knew he was going to go for goal, and he did, he ran and beat Rodri, then did Cancelo twice before putting his effort marginally wide. The same game he missed an open goal that just showed the variance of a young raw footballer with heaps of potential.

He is a Suarez/Alexis hybrid. His goal against Leicester City, he runs back wins the ball, then received it and finished a low effort across the keeper. He will go to the World Cup and outshine Vini Jr. he needs to be signed up before the World Cup, because I have a feeling he will establish himself in the Brazil team and have a great tournament. he still has three years left to run on his deal, but give him a new deal and pish it back to five.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:01 am
Positive indication about Saka and Martinelli contracts overnight. Needs to get done. Especially Martinelli, he is maturing & that is bad news for opposition defenders. He has always been ridiculously good but his is ironing out those rough edges. Also has been elevated big time by Jesus. I always knew Lacazette had a detrimental effect on Saka and Lacazette last season.

The moment I knew Martinelli was a proper player was last season against City, where he picked the ball up in the final third and even with three quarters of the length of the pitch to go, I knew he was going to go for goal, and he did, he ran and beat Rodri, then did Cancelo twice before putting his effort marginally wide. The same game he missed an open goal that just showed the variance of a young raw footballer with heaps of potential.

He is a Suarez/Alexis hybrid. His goal against Leicester City, he runs back wins the ball, then received it and finished a low effort across the keeper. He will go to the World Cup and outshine Vini Jr. he needs to be signed up before the World Cup, because I have a feeling he will establish himself in the Brazil team and have a great tournament. he still has three years left to run on his deal, but give him a new deal and pish it back to five.
Personally, Martinelli reminds me of RVP in his younger days. I think he will develop into a great striker. Having Jesus alongside him, and Tierney behind him will give him the encouragement and stability to focus on his game. I still think Zinchenko will take xhaka's place once Tierney is fully fit.