ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:04 pm
I don't think Martinez-Lite sees Jesus as being the main striker. I think he'll play him in a three with Eddie as the main striker..... and I think we will again struggle to score enough goals to get in the top 4 never mind actually challenge for or win anything. :?

So what you are saying is that we have one position open in the front 3 now, and have saka, martinelli, smith-rowe, vieira, marquinos and potentially raphina in the mix for that one spot ?? No way. Jesus will be the 9 and nketieh will be his back up ( :roll: ), and saka will be one of the first choice wide players unless he is sold
Dont think there will be a "main striker" hes going to try and copy the City blueprint

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal scheduled to meet Ajax next week as Lisandro Martinez battle continues. #AFC + #MUFC both think he’s keen & personal terms no issue. If Ajax get what they want (~€50m fixed), 24yo must pick. Ten Hag factor key but race still open @TheAthleticUK

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:43 pm
🚨 Arsenal scheduled to meet Ajax next week as Lisandro Martinez battle continues. #AFC + #MUFC both think he’s keen & personal terms no issue. If Ajax get what they want (~€50m fixed), 24yo must pick. Ten Hag factor key but race still open @TheAthleticUK
The real "Ten Hag factor" is he will be Poxychinos-Lite and be gone within a season. Another mythical "supercoach" like Poxychinos and Bucket Botherer Bielsa, hyped up by soccer snob fanboy arseholes based on these "supercoaches" being "too purist" in changing the game to be concerned with actually you know like um winning major trophies. :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Personally I think Arsenal have missed a trick...... If we had announced the Jesus deal a week ago, we could have announced it again today..... The second coming of Jesus on the Sabbath! Millions of new fans worldwide, think of the commercial opportunities ....
Glass of holy water in the ground - £5
Match day programs replaced by a Match day scroll - £10
New range of erectile dysfunction pills - Res-Erection..... You too can experience the second coming - £50 a box
Special 'Last Supper' deals in the Diamond Club
The list goes on!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:21 am
Personally I think Arsenal have missed a trick...... If we had announced the Jesus deal a week ago, we could have announced it again today..... The second coming of Jesus on the Sabbath! Millions of new fans worldwide, think of the commercial opportunities ....
Glass of holy water in the ground - £5
Match day programs replaced by a Match day scroll - £10
New range of erectile dysfunction pills - Res-Erection..... You too can experience the second coming - £50 a box
Special 'Last Supper' deals in the Diamond Club
The list goes on!!
:lol: :lol:

Some of our more religious punters might be Cross at reading that. :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

When we finally get rid of Pepe who will we have bought and put on £400k a week to replace him? Literally for the last decade we cleanse ourselves of an absolute squatter and then bring in another. Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Mustafi, Sokratis, PEA, Pepe. Is Nketiah the next one? Or are we on the lookout for someone?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:18 pm
When we finally get rid of Pepe who will we have bought and put on £400k a week to replace him? Literally for the last decade we cleanse ourselves of an absolute squatter and then bring in another. Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Mustafi, Sokratis, PEA, Pepe. Is Nketiah the next one? Or are we on the lookout for someone?
Don’t forget Willian :oops: … I also think Cedric is on £100k and he ain’t walking away from that with 2-3 years remaining on his 4 year contract. Fucking nuts whoever signed off on that one (Raul? Edu?)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:24 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Don’t forget Willian :oops: … I also think Cedric is on £100k and he ain’t walking away from that with 2-3 years remaining on his 4 year contract. Fucking nuts whoever signed off on that one (Raul? Edu?)
Fair points.

Midz

Post by Midz »

g88ner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
The Puta!! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
And Sideshow Chav. :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

"Arsenal will push again next week for Ajax defender" - GIVEMESPORT

"Arsenal schedule fresh Ajax meeting " - METRO

FFS, pay the fucking money if you want him!!!!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Next up Amadou Onana , at least this one has a bit of height 6 foot 4 "

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

So who have we officially signed this summer?
Sorry but I watch other sports in summer - if I followed transfer news I think I would be on suicide watch, given the way things usually go :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:29 pm
So who have we officially signed this summer?
Sorry but I watch other sports in summer - if I followed transfer news I think I would be on suicide watch, given the way things usually go :D
Matt Turner 🙄
Fabio Viera
Maquinos

Hardly going to turn us into title contenders..

For some reason the club is dragging out Jesus announcement, good signing but people forget we lost Auba and Laca from last summer, OK they were pretty shite at the end but still better than nothing, I don't see Jesus and Eddie as big upgrade from there.

Loads more work to do before this can be called a good window, we need cover for glass ankles Tierney and Partey for starters, no more sob stories about injuries costing us ffs!.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Our transfer team seem to have a new trick now...negotiate and agree terms with the player.....then dont put in a bid

Anyone would think they are not sure about what they are doing