ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 1:38 am
Source: BBC Sports.

Arsenal have had a £76m bid for Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen, 23, rejected by Napoli. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

I don't follow European Football etc but haven't heard of this guy
18 goals in 31 games for Napoli this season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mohamed Elneny has signed a one-year contract extension at Arsenal, with the option of another year. [@SamJDean] #afc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:44 pm
Mohamed Elneny has signed a one-year contract extension at Arsenal, with the option of another year. [@SamJDean] #afc
Better than Clive, but not good enough to be first choice either. A good enough squad player.

First and foremost we need a top striker and a top CM to replace the Clive cùnt. :censored:

Then we need to rebuild the squad Martinez-Lite stripped. The fucking idiot. :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Saka release clause is to be able to leave for a Champions League club for £75m.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Whatever we do in the window won't be enough to compete

Our two full backs are permacrocks and their replacements are grade A c.unts

Paper Ankles Partey will no doubt miss at least half the season, Elneny is OK and Clive is a walking, pointing disaster. Lokonga is miles away from being ready

When Nketiah and Lacazette leave we will need 2 strikers as a minimum

If Saliba goes then we will need at least 1 CB too

Chances of all that getting done? Zero

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah SteveO I heard a couple of pundits chatting about how a spate of injuries badly affected our run in and they brought up the fact that we played a lot less games than everyone else in the top six yet suffered the most from injuries which they couldn’t figure out.

Wish I could of told them that it has fuck all to do with the amount of games we played, the league could be condensed down to 6 games next season and Tomi, Tierney and Partey would be crocked for half of them FFS :roll:

If we go into next season relying on those 3 sick notes staying fit (especially with a fucking World Cup slap bang in the middle of it :roll: ) then expect to be disappointed.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:32 pm
Saka release clause is to be able to leave for a Champions League club for £75m.
Such a clause would be the beginning of the end. There should be no talk of a release clause in any discussion of a new contract. He is on 30k a week and will get close to 150k in this new deal. What's the point of extending his contract if he has a clause so low even a club like Aston Villa wouldn't hesitate to activate it?

Thank fuck this report was broken by the daily mail which is a known tabloid. Elton John, Melania Trump. JK Rowling, The Earl Spencer and Alan Sugar, all successfully sued the Daily Mail for nonsense stories.

The one thing I hate about the summer window is the gossip column taking daily shits on us. The Italian media are currently of the idea a Melo/KcKennie Partey/Gabriel swap is a fair deal that Arsenal are taking seriously.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:59 pm

Paper Ankles Partey will no doubt miss at least half the season, Elneny is OK and Clive is a walking, pointing disaster. Lokonga is miles away from being ready

Yeah there’s a lot to do. I’d rather we focussed on one top class striker and midfielder rather than spreading our resources too thin. If that means new contracts for Nketiah and Elneny, and keeping Mari, to fill the other squad holes then so be it.

What to do if we sell Pepe though? We’d need a replacement of some sort.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:32 pm
Such a clause would be the beginning of the end. There should be no talk of a release clause in any discussion of a new contract. He is on 30k a week and will get close to 150k in this new deal. What's the point of extending his contract if he has a clause so low even a club like Aston Villa wouldn't hesitate to activate it?

Thank fuck this report was broken by the daily mail which is a known tabloid. Elton John, Melania Trump. JK Rowling, The Earl Spencer and Alan Sugar, all successfully sued the Daily Mail for nonsense stories.

The one thing I hate about the summer window is the gossip column taking daily shits on us. The Italian media are currently of the idea a Melo/KcKennie Partey/Gabriel swap is a fair deal that Arsenal are taking seriously.
It the club's fault for people taking the piss.

We are a joke in the transfer market.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Pepe, Bellerin, Torriera, Ghendouzi should raise 60m at a minimum. I would call Saliba back and AMN.

I would buy for the squad, a starting striker, and a starting number 8 which will cost 100m collectively. Then I would look for 3-4 viable players to compete for a first team place. I would also keep Cedric and Xhaka as nothing can be gained from selling them. We need to start adding players to the squad not selling them. The more players we sell the more we need to replace. It takes time and effort to sign players. If we sell Xhaka then its another hole that needs filling. More due diligence, more negotiations, more time spent filling a space rather than adding one.

Get tough with them, if we call back ANM and sign Aaron Hickey and that puts Cedric a mile down the pecking order then tough shit. Same goes for Xhaka. if he falls to 4th choice because we sign two midfielders and he is competing to be 4th choice with Elneny and ASL then so be it.

We need to start elevating the club. We dont owe the players shit. Same goes with Saka. No there will not be a release clause in your 150k a week contract.

NickF

Post by NickF »

"Nothing can be gained from selling Xhaka" and bring back AMN...

First Class trolling this.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

EXCLUSIVE: Juventus believe they can sign Gabriel from Arsenal as Serie A giants step up pursuit | @johncrossmirror https://t.co/rcSRxkydiZ

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta is pushing Arsenal to make an opening £25m bid for Youri Tielemans. Arteta has identified Tielemans as one of his leading summer targets & is making a number of background checks on the Belgium international. [@JPercyTelegraph] #afc https://t.co/qBTqpTIHN3

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:51 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yeah there’s a lot to do. I’d rather we focussed on one top class striker and midfielder rather than spreading our resources too thin. If that means new contracts for Nketiah and Elneny, and keeping Mari, to fill the other squad holes then so be it.

The full back slots are really worrying though mate. These injuries to Tommy and KT don't look like they'll be solved any time soon and watching Cedric and Tavares these past few weeks has been frightening. We have to buy 2 players and that will likely set us back 40-50m

Not a bad shout on Mari - he could be relied upon to play all of the Europa group stage together with Holding, and if we did bring back Saliba we'd then have 3 (not 2) competing for the spots for PL games.

Tielemans for £25m gathering pace. Keeper already signed. Then its those very worrying attacking positions!

They'll need to spend at least 160m again just to have a squad that can handle EL and PL, let alone push for top 4

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:44 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:51 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

The full back slots are really worrying though mate. These injuries to Tommy and KT don't look like they'll be solved any time soon and watching Cedric and Tavares these past few weeks has been frightening. We have to buy 2 players and that will likely set us back 40-50m

Not a bad shout on Mari - he could be relied upon to play all of the Europa group stage together with Holding, and if we did bring back Saliba we'd then have 3 (not 2) competing for the spots for PL games.

Tielemans for £25m gathering pace. Keeper already signed. Then its those very worrying attacking positions!

They'll need to spend at least 160m again just to have a squad that can handle EL and PL, let alone push for top 4

Tis funny how it seems that absence really does make the heart go fonder - I'm reading your highlighted bit and I'm thinking to myself "did I only imagine mari getting his shorts pulled down and getting anally raped by fat lukaku a few months ago" ? :rubchin: Another example of the wonderful arteta transfer business that seems to have been swept under the carpet when lauding up the basque c.unt :roll: I wouldnt rely on mari to do the coin toss ffs - get rid already