ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Said before he's yet to convince me but there's no way we're shelling out for diaby. Noises are all our money is going into CMs and 2 defenders , we did offer a one tear contract but he turned it down.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think he’s looked really direct whenever I’ve seen him. To replace him I reckon you are looking at £15m. So why not keep him as a squad player on £40k a week.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:26 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 pm
We won’t get Rice. Too many bidders. West Ham will just go with the highest regardless of what Rice himself wants to do.
Our one advantage is we are in London and have CL football.
It’s West Ham that need to accept the offer. Not Declan Rice.
£85m plus Balogun will get the deal done. And I have no doubts we will stump up that level of money. They need a decent striker.

nut flush gooner

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Rice still has a huge sway in where he goes. West Ham can accept whatever bid they want but if the player doesn't want to go there he can just dig his heels in and threaten to see his contract out. Highly unlikely I know but just saying that it's not solely in the club's hands.
Totally agree Clummo. He could say fuck off to Manure, if we don't bid enough for West Hams's liking.

Unlike Mudryk, he isn't a pawn in this deal. He will go where he wants not where West Ham wants to send him. If that means he sees out his contract so be it.

The only downside is next season Chelski could qualify for the CL, and it's known both he and his family are big fans of the chavs.

I recogn we will come to an agreement with Worst Ham, and get our man. Kroenke is finally opening his wallet these days.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:39 am
Nelson has supposedly rejected 3 offers already. Who knows what they contained? We certainly don't! :lol:

But as always it's definitely Arteta's fault. He isn't even involved in contract negotiations. :roll:

And let's be absolutely honest here, the love for Nelson seems to come solely from his goal against Bournemouth. The lad is a decent enough player but he's in the Joe Willock bracket of talent. Never a first team starter.

If he was to go we'd only have to buy someone similar to fill his squad place.

Who is blaming arteta for the negotiations ??? I stated that he isnt rated by arteta judging by his game time, and I dont think anyone would disagree with that, and indeed a good few fans dont rate him either. I have pushed for him to get more game time for the past couple of seasons because as I frequently say, I am a guy that has sometimes too much loyalty to homegrown players, so that comment about Bournemouth goal cant be applied to me

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:47 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Nelson has supposedly rejected 3 offers already. Who knows what they contained? We certainly don't! :lol:

But as always it's definitely Arteta's fault. He isn't even involved in contract negotiations. :roll:

And let's be absolutely honest here, the love for Nelson seems to come solely from his goal against Bournemouth. The lad is a decent enough player but he's in the Joe Willock bracket of talent. Never a first team starter.

Who is blaming arteta for the negotiations ??? I stated that he isnt rated by arteta judging by his game time, and I dont think anyone would disagree with that, and indeed a good few fans dont rate him either. I have pushed for him to get more game time for the past couple of seasons because as I frequently say, I am a guy that has sometimes too much loyalty to homegrown players, so that comment about Bournemouth goal cant be applied to me
Well we wouldn't be re-signing him if Arteta doesnt rate him , he's had more game time than ESR which doesn't bode well :?

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 am
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Well we wouldn't be re-signing him if Arteta doesnt rate him , he's had more game time than ESR which doesn't bode well :?

As has been suggested above, I think we are signing him to a new contract (a) so that we can sell him and get transfer fee down the line (b) that we can keep him and use him as a cheap squad filler. Nothing in that screams out belief from the manager

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:06 am
gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:00 am
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

As has been suggested above, I think we are signing him to a new contract (a) so that we can sell him and get transfer fee down the line (b) that we can keep him and use him as a cheap squad filler. Nothing in that screams out belief from the manager
I suppose it's a free punt nothing to lose as we need to use the money elsewhere, I hope he proves me wrong , Id rather keep Balogun and sell Eddie though.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 West Ham have ‘shown interest’ in signing Nuno Tavares from Arsenal this summer. [@Record_Portugal] #afc

🚨 || West Ham have reportedly made a firm bid for Arsenal LB, Nuno Tavares. Arsenal want around the same price they paid for Tavares in 2021, €8m (£7m) [Via - @ABolaPT].
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Fri May 26, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Someone mentioned ESR. Nelson staying might mean him going, which would be shame.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:04 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
We won’t get Rice. Too many bidders. West Ham will just go with the highest regardless of what Rice himself wants to do.
£85m plus Balogun will get the deal done. And I have no doubts we will stump up that level of money. They need a decent striker.
So do we ....

Midz

Post by Midz »

We need a striker who will bang in 20+ goals a season. Whether we pay £5, £25m or £105m I don't care, just get the right man!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗣️ || "Arsenal have been working on the Rice deal since January and will make a bid in the coming weeks.." - Fabrizio Romano on CBS.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:51 pm
We need a striker who will bang in 20+ goals a season. Whether we pay £5, £25m or £105m I don't care, just get the right man!
100% - we need a game winner up top that will turn a loss into a point and a point into 3.

nut flush gooner

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:37 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:04 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
So do we ....
I'm up for looking at the Danish striker Hojlund, who has the physique that our other strikers don't have up front. He's supposed to be lightning quick too, one for the coaching team to work on in the years to come. He doesn't have the stats yet like a Haaland, but looking at footage of him there seems to be bags of potential.