ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me this will be a true test of Martinez-Lite's credentials. Is he the top manager some think he is, or have we just had a good run....?

A top manager can overcome the loss of a top player. It would be the same if Jesus had a catastrophic drop in form.

Hopefully Martinez-Lite has the answers.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus to have surgery after World Cup knee injury. Recovery dependent on healing but can take months

Telegraph

Midz

Post by Midz »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:29 am
The thing is Jesus has been / is the "Heart" of the team this Season, considering he is our "Striker" he has only scored the occasional goal, but his Drive, His Knowledge, His Work rate in both Attack and Defence has lead the team by pure example, as such he is the 'glue' of much of our success this half of the season. Added to that he is Absolute Levels above all the names mentioned here, so regardless of whether we do sign a replacement; which I don't see happening, that replacement would have to also be World Class.

I hate to be a Doom Sayer but I think our season is about to take a severe detour from the successes we have been having.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I would be happy to be proven entirely wrong; not for the first time...but....

This fucking World Cup is a C.U.N.T. So Fuck FIFA the Corrupt pedo's and Fuck Qatar and all who rule there.
Just had to happen didnt it.....lets hope hes not out too long...should know more today
I think this would've happened no matter where he was playing. I dislike the World Cup, Qatar etc but if his knee was dodgy this could've happened at anytime.
I dunno if they'll buy a striker, it's unlikely but would be a good investment anyway as we don't have any. The hard thing to replace is Jesus' all round work for the team.
Edu and Arteta have been sucking Stan's todger in L.A. for some more transfer money 'allegedly' so we'll have to wait and see what happens in Jan.

Get well soon Jesus!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks like he needs surgery...minimum 3 months out...struggle on to get top 4 now

why the fuck could it not be kane or son :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He didnt sign a striker and put his faith in nekitah.......lets see if thats justified.... :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The levels of negligence it took to not sign a half decent back up striker last summer but keep Nketiah at the club. We were always one injury away from having to start him consistently. This will be Lacazette levels of bad.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fucking FIFA corrupt c.unts :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞 Gabriel Jesus has successfully undergone surgery to his right knee 👇

Source Arsenal.com

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I hope Brazil or FIFA will be paying his fucking wages for the next 3 months :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

This Gonzalo Ramos looks a bit handy.. get him in for Jesus.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 pm
Looks like he needs surgery...minimum 3 months out...struggle on to get top 4 now

why the fuck could it not be kane or son :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He didnt sign a striker and put his faith in nekitah.......lets see if thats justified.... :roll:
Eddie stepped up when needed last season, and by all accounts he was leaving the club. He's had the odd 10-15 minutes in most games this season. Think ESR coming back is a huge bonus and can also play the same role as Jesus.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:

Why couldn't it be Lobotomy Clive ffs? :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:26 pm
Probably go to city for 150m in January and never kick a ball again.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Heavily linked with Wolves , Portuguese understandable really.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Eddie stepped up when needed last season, and by all accounts he was leaving the club. He's had the odd 10-15 minutes in most games this season. Think ESR coming back is a huge bonus and can also play the same role as Jesus.
Cant see ESR playing same role as Jesus.....but yes ESR back is a real boost....moving Martinelli into the middle looks best option unless we sign a quality replacement
yes nekitah was leaving...and in my opinon they should have sold him and upgraded

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:43 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Cant see ESR playing same role as Jesus.....but yes ESR back is a real boost....moving Martinelli into the middle looks best option unless we sign a quality replacement
yes Nkeitah was leaving...and in my opinion they should have sold him and upgraded
Agree 100%... WestSham and another mid-table team (Wolves?) both offered 20Mill for Eddie the feather , we should have snapped their arm off before everyone realised just how average he actually is.