ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fivetothree

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by fivetothree »

Agree with Augie and gooner - Raphina was a nice to have, not a must have. I also suspect that him coming in is dependant on Pepe leaving, easier said than done.

More concerned that we get Martinez and Tielemans done (as well as Jesus confirmed). All areas of the pitch we need to upgrade in.

Someone mentioned about getting Xhaka out. How are we supposed to do that when there isn't really a market for him? Roma was an option but they now have Matic. Not many teams can afford his wages and give us a decent fee on the continent. Same problem with Bellerin and Torriera.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Also, Vieria won't be playing as a 6 or an 8 I reckon, more likely CAM or on a wing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 am
Please lads lets not lose our shit over losing a player that we shouldnt have been chasing in the first place - we are sub-standard in centre midfield, are average at centre forward, and have a real need in left back position plus question marks at right back spot too, so lets not go ape shit at losing out on a winger when we already have too many fuckers for the wings already
Abso-ma-fucking-lutely. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am
Agree with Augie and gooner - Raphina was a nice to have, not a must have. I also suspect that him coming in is dependant on Pepe leaving, easier said than done.

More concerned that we get Martinez and Tielemans done (as well as Jesus confirmed). All areas of the pitch we need to upgrade in.

Someone mentioned about getting Xhaka out. How are we supposed to do that when there isn't really a market for him? Roma was an option but they now have Matic. Not many teams can afford his wages and give us a decent fee on the continent. Same problem with Bellerin and Torriera.
Good points and personally I also don't think the manager has any ambition to get rid of Clive either way. I wish I was wrong on that.

But who in their right mind would pay over a hundred grand a week to a childish, selfish, petulant, cowardly, talentless prick that thinks "leadership" consists of pointing alot whilst pissing the ball away, picking up stupid yellow and red cards, and cowering away from any real threat that calls for a real leader to get involved?

:rubchin:

Oh, that would be us. :oops:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

For me, it's not about the player its the process.

The fact that Todd Boehly could pick up the phone and offer £55m + addons literally in minutes, when we start with a lowball offer that ultimately Edu has to get approved by the Kroenke's and then increment by a few million quid each new offer tells you all we need to know. Our process takes weeks when other clubs close in days. That is the crux of the matter.

Josh Kroenke should literally spend all summer in London, working with Edu to get deals over the line. Raphinhha whether he would have been good or bad for the squad isn't the first or last player we will lose in this transfer window or future ones.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 am
fivetothree wrote:

Good points and personally I also don't think the manager has any ambition to get rid of Clive either way. I wish I was wrong on that.

But who in their right mind would pay over a hundred grand a week to a childish, selfish, petulant, cowardly, talentless prick that thinks "leadership" consists of pointing alot whilst pissing the ball away, picking up stupid yellow and red cards, and cowering away from any real threat that calls for a real leader to get involved?

Arteta anyway.....it is totally ridiculous when you outline exactly what xhaka does

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 am
fivetothree wrote:

Arteta anyway.....it is totally ridiculous when you outline exactly what xhaka does

That's why no other fucker in their right mind wants the cun.t. :cry: :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Chavski have got a better owner simple.
We have loans off KSE partly because of covid but mostly because of their gross mismanagement during and after the later Wenger years, where they showed little interest in the club.

This just shows they have not really changed much at all and in the face of the influx of rich, ambitious owners at other clubs we have little chance of overtaking the top 3, our only hope is that Konte fbcks up Spuds..

We need at least 2 big signings to even have a chance of getting above those lot, at the start of last season, even though they were over the hill, we had auba and laca now we have jesus and eddie, not much in it frankly.

We also need to get this martinez deal done as Tierney is totally unreliable despite his quality, 3 would be ideal but then we should have got guimares in January, maybe then we'd also have top4!, lack of ambition just keeps costing us and will continue under KSE.
:censored:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

fivetothree wrote:

Its me wanting Xhaka out , its hope rather than fact , Tielemans may have made him think sbout leaving plus i really want this guy to kick on as I thonk hes a special talent.

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1 ... ukEaQ&s=19

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal’s adding of extra add-ons in their bid for Lisandro Martinez is unlikely to tempt Ajax, as they try to spark a bidding war with Manchester Utd also keen. Ajax believe they are in a strong position & expect to get nearer their £43m asking price. [@CharlieWyett, Sun] #afc

🚨 Arsenal have made a third offer to Ajax for defender Lisandro Martinez. The club have improved the financial terms of their second bid of £34m. [@CharlieWyett, Sun] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Chelsea have formalised a £55m offer for Raphinha, which has ‘pleased’ Leeds, however, they are waiting ‘for a new move’ from Arsenal. Leeds understands it can ‘benefit’ from a bidding war & intends to accept the highest offer. [@GoalBR] #afc

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I don't think I ever said 'sell' Xhaka, get rid of was closer to the mark...... Allegedly there is more than one way to skin a cat :rubchin: :wink:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:28 am
Chavski have got a better owner simple.
We have loans off KSE partly because of covid but mostly because of their gross mismanagement during and after the later Wenger years, where they showed little interest in the club.

This just shows they have not really changed much at all and in the face of the influx of rich, ambitious owners at other clubs we have little chance of overtaking the top 3, our only hope is that Konte fbcks up Spuds..

We need at least 2 big signings to even have a chance of getting above those lot, at the start of last season, even though they were over the hill, we had auba and laca now we have jesus and eddie, not much in it frankly.

We also need to get this martinez deal done as Tierney is totally unreliable despite his quality, 3 would be ideal but then we should have got guimares in January, maybe then we'd also have top4!, lack of ambition just keeps costing us and will continue under KSE.
:censored:
Have they? What have they done so far to convince you of that?

Not been a fan of the Kronekes for many years, but since they became 100% owners we were the highest spending team last year in Europe, and if Jesus/Martinez/Tielemans deals come off, we could be this year.

Seems to me they have backed Arteta pretty heavily, so where is the lack of ambition here? Could it be that Arteta didn't rate or want Guimares instead?

I think Chelsea have more chance of imploding than S***rs at this point, at least until Conte has a strop and leaves. Chelsea have a new owner which who has some odd ideas and won't bankroll them like Roman did. I can see them having a transitional season.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 pm
Arsenal’s adding of extra add-ons in their bid for Lisandro Martinez is unlikely to tempt Ajax, as they try to spark a bidding war with Manchester Utd also keen. Ajax believe they are in a strong position & expect to get nearer their £43m asking price. [@CharlieWyett, Sun] #afc

🚨 Arsenal have made a third offer to Ajax for defender Lisandro Martinez. The club have improved the financial terms of their second bid of £34m. [@CharlieWyett, Sun] #afc
Are our lot dyslexic? Ajax want £43 so we offer £34. FFS Arsenal don't let this one slip through your hands too. Pay the fucking money!!!Utd are about to do the same as Chelsea for this player because the whole world can see what c.unts we are at negotiating.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 pm

Are our lot dyslexic? Ajax want £43 so we offer £34. FFS Arsenal don't let this one slip through your hands too. Pay the fucking money!!!Utd are about to do the same as Chelsea for this player because the whole world can see what c.unts we are at negotiating.
Absolutely ffs pay the cash and get him in.