ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Manchester United are interested in Martínez, but have not yet made an official offer. Arsenal have improved their proposal to €40m + €5m (£39m total). Martínez is on holiday, relaxed but seduced by the Premier League [Via - @CLMerlo].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have improved their proposal for Lisandro Martinez - €40m + €5m in bonuses. Ajax have not responded yet. Although Martinez is happy at Ajax, he is ‘seduced’ by going to the Premier League. [@CLMerlo] #afc

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal are the only club in the world to draw out a signing announcement, long after anyone has actual interest, just so some pointless graphic designer can knock up a shitty welcome image and a piss poor announcement video. :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 am
Please lads lets not lose our shit over losing a player that we shouldnt have been chasing in the first place - we are sub-standard in centre midfield, are average at centre forward, and have a real need in left back position plus question marks at right back spot too, so lets not go ape shit at losing out on a winger when we already have too many fuckers for the wings already

Agree with this. Haven't seen a great deal of Raphina, but always looks like he's got a bit an attitude and I'm far from convinced that he's worth the sort of money being touted about. It remains to be seen, but I suspect that if he ends up at Chelsea, he'll be in and out of the team and falling out with Tuchel. At least, I hope so. :lol:

As Augie says, we have far more pressing needs than a winger.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm
As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.
The concern with the Jesus transfer is will he chase and press like he did at City or is he going somwhere cosy with a manager who is a friend...and of course Arsenal pay good wages

Hes not going there to win cups and leagues thats for sure
This is a good point. If Jesus comes to the Arsenal, he knows that he's taking a huge backward step and as Redarmy says, also knows that he won't be winning anything. Given that backdrop, he's gonna have to be very self motivated to consistently perform, because he sure as fuck ain't gonna be motivated by Captain Black.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Looks like Barcelona could be back in for Raphinha ,manure about to give them a shit load of money for de Jong, anywhere I've read regarding Raphinha seems he was only interested in Barca, so probably better we didn't get him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:19 pm
🚨 Arsenal have improved their proposal for Lisandro Martinez - €40m + €5m in bonuses. Ajax have not responded yet. Although Martinez is happy at Ajax, he is ‘seduced’ by going to the Premier League. [@CLMerlo] #afc
For me, with Jesus secured ? Martinez is our next top target, if as suggested he is so versatile that he can play LB, CB and also CDM too we need to get this over the line as it provides cover for Tierney, which is desperately needed and also he could replace Xhaka as first choice in midfield (please, please, please)

Surely the difference between €43m that Ajax value him at and €40m with Bonus’ (that may never materialise like Pepe’s add ons) are negligible…..or am I getting my hopes up too much.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:28 am
Chavski have got a better owner simple.
We have loans off KSE partly because of covid but mostly because of their gross mismanagement during and after the later Wenger years, where they showed little interest in the club.

This just shows they have not really changed much at all and in the face of the influx of rich, ambitious owners at other clubs we have little chance of overtaking the top 3, our only hope is that Konte fbcks up Spuds..

We need at least 2 big signings to even have a chance of getting above those lot, at the start of last season, even though they were over the hill, we had auba and laca now we have jesus and eddie, not much in it frankly.

We also need to get this martinez deal done as Tierney is totally unreliable despite his quality, 3 would be ideal but then we should have got guimares in January, maybe then we'd also have top4!, lack of ambition just keeps costing us and will continue under KSE.
:censored:

I'm obviously the only one that thinks pep's cone boy wants martinez as a centre back that can fill in left back, cos the rest of ye all see to think we are signing him as a left full - manure are linked with him as a centre back pure and simple, and I am wondering if it is our fans that are just looking at the left full as a position of need and are assuming martinez is being signed to play there. Yes I know there are question marks about his physical ability to play centre back in england (he is a short arse 5ft 8"), but every profile I read lists him as a centre back, plus manure are not considering playing him at left full

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

If we lose out in Raphinha then so be it. We’re not the biggest or richest club in the world so you don’t get everything your own way.

However you do have to play smart. We have just signed Vieira for £34m so we’ve basically prioritised signing Vieira over adding an extra £5-10m to the Raphinha asking price and have probably therefore missed out on Raphinha.

Was it worth it? Time will tell.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@JacobsBen: “With Lisandro Martinez, Manchester United are not anywhere near as advanced as Arsenal - not just because Arsenal are preparing a third bid, there’s no credible evidence from Man Utd sources that they are all in for the race for Martinez.” [@TFTerrace] #afc

.@JacobsBen on Lisandro Martinez: “There’s still no indication that Arsenal are going to get hijacked by Manchester United. My understanding on this deal is that Arsenal are still frontrunners, I think they’re going to have to pay in excess of £40m, mid forties & add-ons on top.”

.@JacobsBen on Lisandro Martinez: “The last update I got from Arsenal was that they’re working on it, they’re confident, they’re hoping to table another offer & they believe they will reach an agreement to at least get that deal to the point to be able to talk to the player.”

shu

Post by shu »

Just wait for manure to swoop and pay 45 m for Martinez from under our noses .

We will be back in for Tielmans and the price will have gone up .

Jesus , how bloody long does it take to sort out , wouldn’t surprise me if that went tits up .

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:45 pm
.@JacobsBen: “With Lisandro Martinez, Manchester United are not anywhere near as advanced as Arsenal - not just because Arsenal are preparing a third bid, there’s no credible evidence from Man Utd sources that they are all in for the race for Martinez.” [@TFTerrace] #afc

.@JacobsBen on Lisandro Martinez: “There’s still no indication that Arsenal are going to get hijacked by Manchester United. My understanding on this deal is that Arsenal are still frontrunners, I think they’re going to have to pay in excess of £40m, mid forties & add-ons on top.”

.@JacobsBen on Lisandro Martinez: “The last update I got from Arsenal was that they’re working on it, they’re confident, they’re hoping to table another offer & they believe they will reach an agreement to at least get that deal to the point to be able to talk to the player.”
Wasn't this the same point as Raphina?

Arsenal's transfer people are clueless Putas!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal have made an improved bid.

Arsenal are in talks.

Arsenal plan talks next week.

Arsenal are preparing a new bid.

Fuck Off Arsenal, you're like a headless chicken when it comes to transfers and the whole wide world and his dog can see it.!!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Ultimately I don't give a fvck who we sign, it's how high we finish in the league that counts, it has to be top 4 this season or win the EL.

Nothing less is acceptable (though it probably is to KSE).

We have a lot to do and way to premature to start saying nonsense about this being 'the best transfer window ever'.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:24 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:28 am
Chavski have got a better owner simple.
We have loans off KSE partly because of covid but mostly because of their gross mismanagement during and after the later Wenger years, where they showed little interest in the club.

This just shows they have not really changed much at all and in the face of the influx of rich, ambitious owners at other clubs we have little chance of overtaking the top 3, our only hope is that Konte fbcks up Spuds..

We need at least 2 big signings to even have a chance of getting above those lot, at the start of last season, even though they were over the hill, we had auba and laca now we have jesus and eddie, not much in it frankly.

We also need to get this martinez deal done as Tierney is totally unreliable despite his quality, 3 would be ideal but then we should have got guimares in January, maybe then we'd also have top4!, lack of ambition just keeps costing us and will continue under KSE.
:censored:

I'm obviously the only one that thinks pep's cone boy wants martinez as a centre back that can fill in left back, cos the rest of ye all see to think we are signing him as a left full - manure are linked with him as a centre back pure and simple, and I am wondering if it is our fans that are just looking at the left full as a position of need and are assuming martinez is being signed to play there. Yes I know there are question marks about his physical ability to play centre back in england (he is a short arse 5ft 8"), but every profile I read lists him as a centre back, plus manure are not considering playing him at left full
From what ive seen of him I want him to replace Xhaka , he has a fantastic passing range and loves a tackle, he takes no prisoners. Looks to have a good jump as well obviously needed for a centre back,not the quickest for a left bsck but intelliigent postionally.