ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:08 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:25 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:21 am
augie wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:12 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:19 pm
Tielemans....yes please.

I'd also actually be for re-signing both El Neny and Eddie as fabled internal solutions because I just don't think we can go out and championship manager all our problems away in just one transfer window.

Tielemans with either a Tierney replacement or at the very least a proper back up at LB plus our main bit of business in getting a powerhouse striker that will get 20 league goals is all I can see us going for.

Adding the likes of Bissouma and a second striker to the mix and we're in wet dream territory especially if Xhaka fucks off (come on Jose you know you want to).

It hasn't really worked out for Balogun at Boro but who knows maybe he's ready to come back in and give us an option.

Sweet Jesus rodders - I know we cant "football manager" (hasnt been called championship manager in over a decade :wink: ) all our problems away in one swoop, but no fcuking way should nketieh be our second choice manager - seasons consist of 38 league games plus a number of cup games, and just cos eddie scores in 3 or 4 games at the tail end of the season does not make him good enough imo. I like the guy, and because he is homegrown I would love it if he was of the required quality, but the reality is that he isnt good enough to be second choice much less first choice :roll:

Can I also say that I have never been a big fan of this "I wont celebrate when I score against my old team" nonsense, but eddie not celebrating cos of a loan spell with those c.unts is absolute bollox imo
What??? Not called championship manager anymore? When the fuck did that happen? Game's gone mate :lol:

We started this season with 4 strikers - Auba, Laca, Eddie and Balogun - I just don't think it's realistic to replace all 4 in one window - or even 3 for that matter. I had great hopes that Balogun would flourish on loan at Boro but he's only scored 3 goals while there and sat on the bench for a lot of it. From reading reviews of his time there from Boro fans it seems that while there's definitely a player there he struggled badly with the physicality of the championship at times and was bullied out of a lot of games so I doubt he's ready to come back and fight for a spot with us.

With the amount of areas we need filling I'd sign Eddie as the back up striker and splurge all the wonga on a main man up top, Tielemans and a LB - after the absolute carnage Tierney's injury has caused to the entire defense - we can't have that shit happening again next season after he inevitably gets crocked again within 10 games.
I presume you're working on the basis that Saliba comes back and forms part of the squad (although why anyone would have confidence in that god only knows as we all know Arteta didn't sign him :roll: ).......because if you're not we will be going in next season with 3 centre halves again, one of which is Holding. When Saliba is allowed to leave on loan or permanently for tuppence ha'penny we'll have even less available to spend

Saliba will be sold by pep's cone boy this summer - have no doubt about that. WHEN he is sold, that money will be spunked away ridiculously again (£50m for ben white :roll: ) on some second rate player who will be obiediant amd grateful to pep's cone boy for bringing him to AFC and will never question him - arteta learned that thinking from the senile old french fool, and the apple never falls far from the tree

This is spot on Augie. He really is a chip off the old block...he has favourites, who are the good boys that never question him and treat him as an all knowing sage. Anyone that has an alternative opinion or upsets him is finished. That was exactly Wenger's weak style of management and was the reason he always went after unknowns, has beens or those whose recent career was on a downer, because it made them grateful. He knew full well that a star player at the top of his game would have an opinion and an ego that he couldn't handle.

I've felt all along that Arteta is taking advice from the old fraud, but perhaps he was just well schooled by him. Both I suspect.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:21 pm
As per the reliable @laprovence - Arsenal are planning next season with William Saliba in the team. [Via @Sport_Witness]
Does @laprovence have a cousin in France who knows these things mate? If not, I'm willing to put you in touch with someone in the know.....
SteveO so many legends gone off this forum over the yrs, the 1 you allude to now ,always seemed to be just off the phone from his cousin in France,who always told him player x was no good just at the same time we were talking about player x on here, babatunde who after getting banned off here came back as another African king ,telling us he wasn't babatunde whilst using the same writing style, the same criticisms ,the same insults as Babatunde who he apparently wasn't :lol:
Good old Babatunde / Ikechuckwu

Was it that miserable old *word censored* DB10 that banned him too

It was like a Champions League of WUMs at one stage - Red Member, Baba, Monostich- the galacticos of WUMing. Player reports from France, and Denilson for captain.....

Ahhh those were the days my friend

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

And let's not forget US Martin and Highburyjd, the fan who thought if you weren't born on the half way line in Highbury then you couldn't possibly be a proper Arsenal fan :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:36 pm
And let's not forget US Martin and Highburyjd, the fan who thought if you weren't born on the half way line in Highbury then you couldn't possibly be a proper Arsenal fan :lol:
I wonder what happened to Highbury JD - did he take residence in Islington Town Hall? Still hiding in the old East Stand? Probably already in the away end at Newcastle waiting for kick off

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm
For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.
Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

São Paulo have accepted Arsenal’s €3.5m offer for Marquinhos. Arsenal’s bid can be ‘considered a gesture of goodwill’, aiming at a good relationship for future business from Edu Gaspar, as the player could have left for free in July. [@UOLEsporte] #afc https://t.co/RzmUYhz0Af

Arsenal have reached an agreement with São Paulo for youngster Marquinhos, worth €3.5m. Arsenal are not expected to use him next season & Sport Witness has learned that he is expected to be loaned out at first, likely to a Spanish club. [@Sport_Witness exclusive] #afc https://t.co/Y9Xr6ZbVrG
Last edited by gooner265 on Sat May 14, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Nicolas Pepe has announced that he’s changed his agent ahead of the summer transfer window. #AFC https://t.co/4kCsKuVMDo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are preparing the opening bid for Gabriel Jesus. Manchester City want around €50-60m to sell Gabriel this summer, even if his current deal won't be extended. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

Arsenal already discussed with Gabriel's agent. "We like the project", agent Pettinati told me. https://t.co/rTm2kjFndN

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:11 pm
Nicolas Pepe has announced that he’s changed his agent ahead of the summer transfer window. #AFC https://t.co/4kCsKuVMDo
:barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:11 pm
I don't think any agent in the world could sell that absolutely useless, lanky fucking idiot. The only club that might just be daft enough to do it, is us and we already have him. Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually buy him off ourselves .

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm
São Paulo have accepted Arsenal’s €3.5m offer for Marquinhos. Arsenal’s bid can be ‘considered a gesture of goodwill’, aiming at a good relationship for future business from Edu Gaspar, as the player could have left for free in July. [@UOLEsporte] #afc https://t.co/RzmUYhz0Af

Arsenal have reached an agreement with São Paulo for youngster Marquinhos, worth €3.5m. Arsenal are not expected to use him next season & Sport Witness has learned that he is expected to be loaned out at first, likely to a Spanish club. [@Sport_Witness exclusive] #afc https://t.co/Y9Xr6ZbVrG

3 goals in 15 games this season - he is gonna fit right in :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Manchester City are reported to be around £20m apart in their respective valuations of City striker Gabriel Jesus. [@DExpress_Sport].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:07 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm

3 goals in 15 games this season - he is gonna fit right in :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

How many did Martinelli have I wonder before joining us :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Exactly, please don't buy him.