ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wilson2.0 »

There is a Grealish v ESR debate happening right now. Got me thinking, given ESR is 5 years younger than Grealish, what value would we assign to him. You can also say the same thing about Saka.

if Villa can get 100m for Grealish. we should be setting the floor at 150m for each of them. Both are Arsenal lads and should never be sold. But its inevitable we will get approaches. So lets say City bid 100m for ESR........it should be knocked back right away without thought. Same goes Saka.

City will look at ESR as the long term KDB replacement. And it should be ignored. When you get two gems like Saka and ESR coming through the academy together. You need to hold on and build the team around them.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 am
There is a Grealish v ESR debate happening right now. Got me thinking, given ESR is 5 years younger than Grealish, what value would we assign to him. You can also say the same thing about Saka.

if Villa can get 100m for Grealish. we should be setting the floor at 150m for each of them. Both are Arsenal lads and should never be sold. But its inevitable we will get approaches. So lets say City bid 100m for ESR........it should be knocked back right away without thought. Same goes Saka.

City will look at ESR as the long term KDB replacement. And it should be ignored. When you get two gems like Saka and ESR coming through the academy together. You need to hold on and build the team around them.
I was actually looking at the transfer market site thingy yesterday

It still has Kane as the highest valued player :lol: :shock:

ESR was only valued at £25.2m :lol: :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arse ... /verein/11

Not sure who makes this shit up, but they certainly make it up.

I agree with your point, Saka, ESR, Ramsdale, Martinelli, are the core add in Balogun , Patino , Flores, etc we have a very bright future developing in the next couple of years.
One thing though, these guys will want, and deserve, to be winning trophies at some point - so we need to step up from happy to be 4th to competing at the top.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Admittedly I haven't seen too much of Balogun but in his brief appearance's in the first team, he's looked well off the quality we need. I'd say at the same age Nketiah, and same time in appearance's in the first team, looked more dangerous as a striker than Balogun. Not to say he won't develop into a top striker, I'm just not convinced yet.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, and PSG are in race to sign Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Barça are the favourites at the moment as they're preparing a loan offer for the January TW (including a fee) with an option/obligation to buy the player in summer 2022. #afc

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We have an issue in our academy right now, nearly every name being talked about comes in the form of an attacking player.

I know attackers generally generate the most money but, and I'm fairly sure this generic across most teams, where are the more defensive minded players being developed for the future.

I don't know if it is just me but the lack of decent young defenders and defensive midfielders points to a worrying mindset amongst academies across the game, it seems to be yet another signpost that business is more important than competing for trophies.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:09 pm
Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, and PSG are in race to sign Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Barça are the favourites at the moment as they're preparing a loan offer for the January TW (including a fee) with an option/obligation to buy the player in summer 2022. #afc
Obligation to buy ? Sold.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote: Admittedly I haven't seen too much of Balogun but in his brief appearance's in the first team, he's looked well off the quality we need. I'd say at the same age Nketiah, and same time in appearance's in the first team, looked more dangerous as a striker than Balogun. Not to say he won't develop into a top striker, I'm just not convinced yet.
You can watch a lot of the under 23 matches via arsenal.com
There is some real talent there…..but as we all know it doesn’t always mean that they make it to first team level.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NO! Just fucking NO!

Juventus offering Ramsey as part of a deal to take Auba there...

I want Auba gone but we need a Focal point type striker someone Bigger than Laca who can take & hold the ball up and bring in Martinelli, Ska & ESR.

Ramsey can Fuck-right-Off... money grabbing whore..

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:47 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 am

I was actually looking at the transfer market site thingy yesterday

It still has Kane as the highest valued player :lol: :shock:

ESR was only valued at £25.2m :lol: :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arse ... /verein/11

Not sure who makes this shit up, but they certainly make it up.

I agree with your point, Saka, ESR, Ramsdale, Martinelli, are the core add in Balogun , Patino , Flores, etc we have a very bright future developing in the next couple of years.
One thing though, these guys will want, and deserve, to be winning trophies at some point - so we need to step up from happy to be 4th to competing at the top.
It as Pepe as 31m! that says it all about is validity!

augie

Post by augie »

MESSI BUSINESS Lionel Messi SNUBBED from Ligue 1 Team of the Year but Arsenal outcast Saliba and Man Utd target Kamara are in

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:46 am
MESSI BUSINESS Lionel Messi SNUBBED from Ligue 1 Team of the Year but Arsenal outcast Saliba and Man Utd target Kamara are in
Anyone else get the impression that Martinez-Lite could come good and win the double next season, followed by the quadruple the following season, go on a decade long run of success winning a total of 7 or 8 league titles, 5 FA cups, and 4 Champions Leagues, and augie would still be on here ten years later slamming him for how he treated Saliba?! :D :wink:

shu

Post by shu »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:38 pm
NO! Just fucking NO!

Juventus offering Ramsey as part of a deal to take Auba there...

I want Auba gone but we need a Focal point type striker someone Bigger than Laca who can take & hold the ball up and bring in Martinelli, Ska & ESR.

Ramsey can Fuck-right-Off... money grabbing whore..
I agree we need someone with more of a presence up front too , someone to hold it up and bring others into the game.

As for transfer fees , Pepe would be no more than 20 mill , a classic loan with a right to buy. ESR 40-50 mill Saka 60 mill , Ramsdale 50 mill but then only a few clubs can afford this . I think out of any of them it would be Ramsdale we would choose to keep.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:34 am
augie wrote:
Anyone else get the impression that Martinez-Lite could come good and win the double next season, followed by the quadruple the following season, go on a decade long run of success winning a total of 7 or 8 league titles, 5 FA cups, and 4 Champions Leagues, and augie would still be on here ten years later slamming him for how he treated Saliba?! :D :wink:

There is more of a chance of me winning the euromillions lotto, the Irish lotto and having a 4 in a bed week long romp with mila kunis, sara tancredi (Prison Break) and Missi Peregrym (rookie blue & FBI), than there is of that dick.head winning a quarter of that lot of trophies.
I need to go find a quiet room for myself now - that 4 in a bed idea has all sorts of images going through my head right now :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:34 am
augie wrote:

There is more of a chance of me winning the euromillions lotto, the Irish lotto and having a 4 in a bed week long romp with mila kunis, sara tancredi (Prison Break) and Missi Peregrym (rookie blue & FBI), than there is of that dick.head winning a quarter of that lot of trophies.
I need to go find a quiet room for myself now - that 4 in a bed idea has all sorts of images going through my head right now :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:
All very true.... :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Athletic report Roma are interested in signing Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan from #Arsenal. The clubs are believed to be in contact to discuss a temporary move until the end of the season. https://t.co/UZyJ2SiMS2