ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

🇨🇮 Arsenal consider Nicolas Pepe as 'up for sale'. The club understand they may have to accept a low offer.

[@FabrizioRomano] https://t.co/utsFuxD214

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:05 pm
🇨🇮 Arsenal consider Nicolas Pepe as 'up for sale'. The club understand they may have to accept a low offer.

[@FabrizioRomano] https://t.co/utsFuxD214
Even if he's let go for just 50p it will be worth it in order to get rid of the vacant eyed open mouthed useless piece of shit :twisted:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:22 pm
get rid of the vacant eyed open mouthed useless piece of shit :twisted:
I couldn't have put it better. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:44 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:51 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:59 pm
Whatever we do in the window won't be enough to compete

Our two full backs are permacrocks and their replacements are grade A c.unts

Paper Ankles Partey will no doubt miss at least half the season, Elneny is OK and Clive is a walking, pointing disaster. Lokonga is miles away from being ready

When Nketiah and Lacazette leave we will need 2 strikers as a minimum

If Saliba goes then we will need at least 1 CB too

Chances of all that getting done? Zero
Yeah there’s a lot to do. I’d rather we focussed on one top class striker and midfielder rather than spreading our resources too thin. If that means new contracts for Nketiah and Elneny, and keeping Mari, to fill the other squad holes then so be it.

What to do if we sell Pepe though? We’d need a replacement of some sort.
The full back slots are really worrying though mate. These injuries to Tommy and KT don't look like they'll be solved any time soon and watching Cedric and Tavares these past few weeks has been frightening. We have to buy 2 players and that will likely set us back 40-50m

Not a bad shout on Mari - he could be relied upon to play all of the Europa group stage together with Holding, and if we did bring back Saliba we'd then have 3 (not 2) competing for the spots for PL games.

Tielemans for £25m gathering pace. Keeper already signed. Then its those very worrying attacking positions!

They'll need to spend at least 160m again just to have a squad that can handle EL and PL, let alone push for top 4

Tis funny how it seems that absence really does make the heart go fonder - I'm reading your highlighted bit and I'm thinking to myself "did I only imagine mari getting his shorts pulled down and getting anally raped by fat lukaku a few months ago" ? :rubchin: Another example of the wonderful arteta transfer business that seems to have been swept under the carpet when lauding up the basque c.unt :roll: I wouldnt rely on mari to do the coin toss ffs - get rid already
You can't go through the season with 3 fucking centre halves like Carpet Head has just done - or rather you can, but expect to collapse when injuries set in and you're playing a patched up back line. I doubt the c.unt will bring Saliba back, so we'll still be stuck with the tattooed pansy, Gabriel and Holding FFS. Of course my preference would be to bomb Holding and Mari out, bring Saliba back, spend 40m-50m on a proper warrior of a centre half, and make White sweat a bit for his place. But that won't happen will it. There's nothing fondly remembered about Mari - but if you asked me if he could do a job against the likes of fucking Dundalk and Qarabag, whilst Saliba and a real CB played in the PL, then yes he could (as could have Chambers or Mavropanos before shit for brains fucked them off too). Sokratis was also every bit as good as Holding, but of course Pep's Cone Man didn't sign him did he? :roll: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Besides getting rid of the Dead Wood like Xhaka, Cedric, Holding, Pepe, Nketiah and Laca we Need:

A Right and a Left Back to cover for the injury prone Tierney & Tomiyasu.

As for CB's Whether Sliba does return or if he stays with Marseille (Him and Gendouzi are big mates, so that will go against us), I am anything but convinced by White but it looks like we are stuck with him.

A Mid-field Enforcer to partner Partey AND a Back Up for injury prone Partey

A Right Winger to replace Pepe; who is off to Disney Land United to join is twin bro Dozy (Of the seven dwarves)

We also Must sign two Top Strikers.

A further challenge is also our ability to negotiate and actually sign players.

I think the young defender from Nottingham Forest Djed Spence or Brighton's Tariq Lamptey from(RB) & Mark Cucurella (LB) from Brighton, though to persuade and actually get them would be difficult.

Yves Bissouma (Mid-fielder) from Brighton and either Maddison or Tielemanns from Leicester or even perhaps Ward -Prowse of Southampton?

The chances of us signing 2 World Class strikers is slim, but I think Ivan Toney from Brentford though not World Class would make a decent 2nd striker and someone else willing to play in Europa League instead of CL.

Well a man can dream can't he? :? :goingtobed:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

£200M of spending there at least OBG, to be offset by the proverbial 2 pints and a packet of crisps our negotiators are likely to get for any of our Muppets......

Ah it's nice to dream, but you have glossed over the fact that it will still be Arteta managing them :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Besides getting rid of the Dead Wood like Xhaka, Cedric, Holding, Pepe, Nketiah and Laca we Need:

As for CB's Whether Sliba does return or if he stays with Marseille (Him and Gendouzi are big mates, so that will go against us), I am anything but convinced by White but it looks like we are stuck with him.

A Right Winger to replace Pepe; who is off to Disney Land United to join is twin bro Dozy (Of the seven dwarves)

I think the young defender from Nottingham Forest Djed Spence or Brighton's Tariq Lamptey from(RB) & Mark Cucurella (LB) from Brighton, though to persuade and actually get them would be difficult.

Yves Bissouma (Mid-fielder) from Brighton and either Maddison or Tielemanns from Leicester or even perhaps Ward -Prowse of Southampton?

The chances of us signing 2 World Class strikers is slim, but I think Ivan Toney from Brentford though not World Class would make a decent 2nd striker and someone else willing to play in Europa League instead of CL.

Like the look of these 2.....Spence and Bissouma....not sure anout Toney

Ward Prowse great free kick taker...but a bit limited and lightweight

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:00 pm
£200M of spending there at least OBG, to be offset by the proverbial 2 pints and a packet of crisps our negotiators are likely to get for any of our Muppets......

Ah it's nice to dream, but you have glossed over the fact that it will still be Arteta managing them :banghead:
Not really mate, but if we are to get anywhere near the Europa Final; as there is No Way we're going to challenge for the Prem whilst he's in charge, we do need a far better (& bigger) squad to at least keep us in the Top 6, and then when he does fuck-up having spent Piggy's money, they will hopefully realise that the most important signing is The Manager and so dump him and go for experience.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:49 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Like the look of these 2.....Spence and Bissouma....not sure anout Toney

Ward Prowse great free kick taker...but a bit limited and lightweight
I dunno RA he does have a good engine and even when things are going wrong for the team he still puts in a shift; something a number of our current snowflakes need to learn and start doing.

shu

Post by shu »

Pepe will be paid to leave

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:

I was talking to a Forest fan at the weekend and his take on Spence who was on loan from Boro was that he is great going forward playing in a back five but his defending is not that great and would not suit Artetas preference of a back four.The spuds are being linked to him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

John F wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:42 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was talking to a Forest fan at the weekend and his take on Spence who was on loan from Boro was that he is great going forward playing in a back five but his defending is not that great and would not suit Artetas preference of a back four.The spuds are being linked to him.
If we get the Scottish lad Hickey he can play both lb and rb (but not at the same time).

Half the Brighton team have more bollocks then our lot, so anyone with a bit of grit and fight about them would be good - we are still outmuscled far too often.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are ready to spend as much as £150m this summer to upgrade Mikel Arteta’s squad for a return to European football, but want to offset some of that outlay by selling seven surplus players & looking to scrape together £60m. [Mark Irwin, @SunSport] https://t.co/mkqSs8Pfx3

Arteta has told Edu he needs 22 outfield players to cope with the extra demands of #UEL, but currently have just 16 outfield players on their books. Arteta wants to make four top quality signings as he looks for two strikers, a central midfielder & another full-back. [@SunSport]

Gabriel Jesus & Tammy Abraham are Arteta’s main targets up front while Youri Tielemans & Ruben Neves head the list of midfielders. Stan Kroenke has accepted if they get their spending right this summer, the squad will be in great shape for the next five or six years. [Sun] #afc

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My prediction is we will spend all summer chasing top targets. We will secure none of them. We will then buy a load of duds in late August once the season is 3 games in.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:05 pm
Arsenal are ready to spend as much as £150m this summer to upgrade Mikel Arteta’s squad for a return to European football, but want to offset some of that outlay by selling seven surplus players & looking to scrape together £60m. [Mark Irwin, @SunSport] https://t.co/mkqSs8Pfx3

Arteta has told Edu he needs 22 outfield players to cope with the extra demands of #UEL, but currently have just 16 outfield players on their books. Arteta wants to make four top quality signings as he looks for two strikers, a central midfielder & another full-back. [@SunSport]

Gabriel Jesus & Tammy Abraham are Arteta’s main targets up front while Youri Tielemans & Ruben Neves head the list of midfielders. Stan Kroenke has accepted if they get their spending right this summer, the squad will be in great shape for the next five or six years. [Sun] #afc

I'd love to know in what universe £150m will get you 4 top quality signings - £150m wouldnt even get you two top quality players these days :lol: :lol:

I also love how the standard of education has dropped so low nowadays that nobody bats an eyelid when a report says that a manager has 16 outfield players and wants to bring that up to 22 and is intending making 4 signings - since when does 16 + 4 = 22 ??

Lastly the names of his top targets for those "top quality signings" are gabriel jesus ( :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: ), tammy abraham ( :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: ), ruben neves (not near top quality imo), and Tielemans (the one that I would want us to get and we wont)