ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnerz4life

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Gunnerz4life »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:04 am
BBC:

"Reportedly" :roll:

Arsenal reportedly sent scouts to watch Palmeiras and Brazil midfielder Danilo last week, with the Gunners interested in bringing the 21-year-old in in January.

Arsenal are also reportedly in talks with Uruguay winger Facundo Torres, 22, from Orlando City.
The interest seems to be genuine for the Uruguayan bloke from MLS, being reported by a number of sources.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm sure it is mate, but the way they use the term 'Reportedly' - as if to automatically cast doubt on what they are actually saying.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Sports:

"Arsenal are weighing up whether to loan out Brazilian winger Marquinhos in January. The 19-year-old has made only one Premier League appearance since joining this summer."

I think it would be a good move, he has potential as they say, but needs a bit of bulking up, so maybe a loan to a Championship side would be a good learning curve?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Arsenal would be willing to pay Shakhtar Donetsk's asking price of £56m for Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk with the Gunners appearing to be at the front of the queue for the 21-year-old

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:42 am
BBC:

Arsenal would be willing to pay Shakhtar Donetsk's asking price of £56m for Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk with the Gunners appearing to be at the front of the queue for the 21-year-old
I have said it before and I will say it again, the ability this guy has is something else and I will be thrilled if we sign him. I just don't see us spending that much on him and I have a feeling he will end up at Newcastle.

But I'd rather us sign someone who would challenge Martinelli and Saka rather than someone who will compliment them

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Agree on Mudryk, a real quality player. Him or the no mark playing in the mighty soccerworld of the MLS? FFS Arsenal, DO NOT sign players from the MLS please!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

I have said it before and I will say it again, the ability this guy has is something else and I will be thrilled if we sign him. I just don't see us spending that much on him and I have a feeling he will end up at Newcastle.

But I'd rather us sign someone who would challenge Martinelli and Saka rather than someone who will compliment them
Why wouldn’t we ?

We spent £70m on Pepe, £50 odd million on Auba’s Ozil, Lacazette and Ben White and Mudryk has the potential and ability to double his worth if he performs in the premier league over the next 3/4 seasons.

From what I’ve seen of him, he looks mustard, playing in Ukraine must mean he is battle hardened and not bothered by a bit of wind and rain so a cold, Tuesday night at Goodison or Villa Park or wherever shouldn’t daunt him.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

He will most definitely be at Newcastle

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:02 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

He will most definitely be at Newcastle
Maybe not! :D

BBC:

"Arsenal have made a bid for Shakhtar Donetsk's 21-year-old Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, who is also of interest to Juventus. "

Midz

Post by Midz »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:00 pm

From what I’ve seen of him, he looks mustard, playing in Ukraine must mean he is battle hardened and not bothered by a bit of wind and rain so a cold, Tuesday night at Goodison or Villa Park or wherever shouldn’t daunt him.
But does he have any sunflower oil?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:27 pm
Agree on Mudryk, a real quality player. Him or the no mark playing in the mighty soccerworld of the MLS? FFS Arsenal, DO NOT sign players from the MLS please!!
Err...Matt Turner USA international goalkeeper, kept more clean sheets in Europa than Ramsdale

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Can we reward Ivan Toney for his two goals in defeating our nearest challengers by offering him a 4 year contract, and Brentford £60m in January?
We need another striker and he will provide us with some aerial threat.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/16/arsenal- ... -17767218/

£87m ??

Is he worth that much? Or is he worth that much to us?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Midz wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:40 pm
https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/16/arsenal- ... -17767218/

£87m ??

Is he worth that much? Or is he worth that much to us?
Newcastle will do the same as the chavs by outbidding us for every player we are interested in

Midz

Post by Midz »

Can we sign Vinicius Jr please?