ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:28 pm
augie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:07 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm
São Paulo have accepted Arsenal’s €3.5m offer for Marquinhos. Arsenal’s bid can be ‘considered a gesture of goodwill’, aiming at a good relationship for future business from Edu Gaspar, as the player could have left for free in July. [@UOLEsporte] #afc https://t.co/RzmUYhz0Af

Arsenal have reached an agreement with São Paulo for youngster Marquinhos, worth €3.5m. Arsenal are not expected to use him next season & Sport Witness has learned that he is expected to be loaned out at first, likely to a Spanish club. [@Sport_Witness exclusive] #afc https://t.co/Y9Xr6ZbVrG

3 goals in 15 games this season - he is gonna fit right in :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

How many did Martinelli have I wonder before joining us :rubchin:

Winking emoji Mc - I was talking the piss. I dont prioritise a stats filled cv when we sign a young player

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tbh Augie,I haven't a clue anymore who's serious or not :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Huge blow for Napoli. Bologna and Arsenal have found an agreement of €20m-€25m for Aaron Hickey after Bologna’s CEO travelled to London. Exclusive from @CalcioNapoli24. https://t.co/sCmqzyAaTG

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:28 pm
augie wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:07 pm
gooner265 wrote:
São Paulo have accepted Arsenal’s €3.5m offer for Marquinhos. Arsenal’s bid can be ‘considered a gesture of goodwill’, aiming at a good relationship for future business from Edu Gaspar, as the player could have left for free in July. [@UOLEsporte] #afc https://t.co/RzmUYhz0Af

Arsenal have reached an agreement with São Paulo for youngster Marquinhos, worth €3.5m. Arsenal are not expected to use him next season & Sport Witness has learned that he is expected to be loaned out at first, likely to a Spanish club. [@Sport_Witness exclusive] #afc https://t.co/Y9Xr6ZbVrG

3 goals in 15 games this season - he is gonna fit right in :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

How many did Martinelli have I wonder before joining us :rubchin:

Winking emoji Mc - I was talking the piss. I dont prioritise a stats filled cv when we sign a young player

Oh! You man this one !?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:wink: ?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:38 pm
🚨 Huge blow for Napoli. Bologna and Arsenal have found an agreement of €20m-€25m for Aaron Hickey after Bologna’s CEO travelled to London. Exclusive from @CalcioNapoli24. https://t.co/sCmqzyAaTG
I guess it was the performance at the shit hole that tipped the balance in our favour ? :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I guess it was the performance at the shit hole that tipped the balance in our favour ? :roll:
Yeah! He said to himself "Fuck they need help!" :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pm
I'd be surprised if qualifying for the CL would change the transfer targets as they'd have been planning for players coming in based on Europa League football. If this is a project they'd be targeting players to build the squad step by step. Next step building towards CL. I think we do need 2 first team signings, forward and midfield and 4 squad signings.
I'd absolutely keep Nketiah for 3 more seasons as he will get plenty of game time. Still want Bissouma from Brighton but I'd also go Cucurella as LB cover as he's impressed me for a couple of seasons. DJed Spence as RB cover Calvert-Lewin or Abraham to supplement our front 3. The striker from Benfica looks good too. For me keeping Saka, Martinelli, and ESR is absolutely critical this summer. I don't see why they're not our starting front 3. They will be good enough to be challenging city and Liverpool. Once Martinelli finds his goal scoring boots.

But obviously wont get plenty of goals :roll:
He's got the best goals per minutes played ratio of all the forwards that started the season with us.

shu

Post by shu »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:51 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Yeah! He said to himself "Fuck they need help!" :lol:
Just watched a load of clips on Twitter , mostly playing left back but a couple at right , tbh looks super and perfect replacement for Tierney

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Arsenal have agreed a fee of up to 25m euros (£21.2m) for Bologna'sScotland international full-back Aaron Hickey. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

The Gunners are also closing on a 3.5m euro (£3m) deal to sign 19-year-old Brazilian striker Marquinhos from Sao Paulo. (ESPN)

Meanwhile, Arsenal are also preparing an opening bid for Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus, 25. City want between 50m and 60m euros (£42.4m-£50.0m) for the Brazil international. (Fabrizio Romano)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:58 pm
augie wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pm
I'd be surprised if qualifying for the CL would change the transfer targets as they'd have been planning for players coming in based on Europa League football. If this is a project they'd be targeting players to build the squad step by step. Next step building towards CL. I think we do need 2 first team signings, forward and midfield and 4 squad signings.
I'd absolutely keep Nketiah for 3 more seasons as he will get plenty of game time. Still want Bissouma from Brighton but I'd also go Cucurella as LB cover as he's impressed me for a couple of seasons. DJed Spence as RB cover Calvert-Lewin or Abraham to supplement our front 3. The striker from Benfica looks good too. For me keeping Saka, Martinelli, and ESR is absolutely critical this summer. I don't see why they're not our starting front 3. They will be good enough to be challenging city and Liverpool. Once Martinelli finds his goal scoring boots.

But obviously wont get plenty of goals :roll:
He's got the best goals per minutes played ratio of all the forwards that started the season with us.

Hmmmm....that's about as low a bar as it's possible to find.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm
For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.
Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

Yep, they're bad mate. It's a relative issue of course, we're not Norwich, but for a team supposedly interested in competing at the top level, we're no further forward than we were 15 years ago...in fact, we've gone backwards. Arteta is not the answer and we won't compete with him as manager. Let's see if we win our last two to get CL. Let's also wait and see how long the youngsters I've mentioned hang about once the big boys come knocking.

As for Gabriel Jesus, if he's so impressive, why are City getting shot of him and why is he so often on the bench? If he's not the answer for them, then we ought to look elsewhere. Also, are any other big clubs sniffing round him? It's high time we learnt that if a player is genuinely worth 50, 60, or 70 million, then we won't get him, because the big teams will be involved and he'll choose them over us . We tend to be mugged into paying top dollar for players that top contenders aren't interested in and that's how you end up paying 72 million for Pepe. We aren't capable of landing players genuinely worth 72 million.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:53 am
BBC:

Arsenal have agreed a fee of up to 25m euros (£21.2m) for Bologna'sScotland international full-back Aaron Hickey. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

The Gunners are also closing on a 3.5m euro (£3m) deal to sign 19-year-old Brazilian striker Marquinhos from Sao Paulo. (ESPN)

Meanwhile, Arsenal are also preparing an opening bid for Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus, 25. City want between 50m and 60m euros (£42.4m-£50.0m) for the Brazil international. (Fabrizio Romano)
I don't know anything about Hickey but he'd have to be almighty shitey to not be an improvement on Bellend, Cedric or Nuno. Our full back situation if either Tommy or Tierney aren't around is as desperate as any time I can remember in our history

Marquinhos - I guess the hope is that he's a Martinelli type but it rarely works out that way when kids come over from South America

Speaking of which there's a long long list of strikers I'd take over Jesus. What the fuck will his motivation be like going from the 100 points a season multiple winners, to a race for 4th at the absolute best. He also doesn't possess the attributes we need

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 6:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

I don't know anything about Hickey but he'd have to be almighty shitey to not be an improvement on Bellend, Cedric or Nuno. Our full back situation if either Tommy or Tierney aren't around is as desperate as any time I can remember in our history

Marquinhos - I guess the hope is that he's a Martinelli type but it rarely works out that way when kids come over from South America

Speaking of which there's a long long list of strikers I'd take over Jesus. What the fuck will his motivation be like going from the 100 points a season multiple winners, to a race for 4th at the absolute best. He also doesn't possess the attributes we need

I hope you're not suggesting that he might come for a comfy and lucrative ride???

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:30 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

I hope you're not suggesting that he might come for a comfy and lucrative ride???
Heaven forbid eh mate? I mean it always works out brilliantly when a player comes from a club that is used to winning titles to us - Cech, Gallas, Willian, Silvestre, Ozil - what could possibly go wrong?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:52 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:30 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

Heaven forbid eh mate? I mean it always works out brilliantly when a player comes from a club that is used to winning titles to us - Cech, Gallas, Willian, Silvestre, Ozil - what could possibly go wrong?

Nothing can go wrong, as you so adroitly point out. Recent history proves categorically what a success we've made of signing the cast-offs of teams we're supposed to be aiming to compete with. Just wait until we lose our emerging young stars to the big boys. We're becoming North London's version of West Ham.