ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by xisstential »

I hope Arteta is not going to follow in Wenger's footsteps of having young players like ESR, who he doesn't play because he's scared they'll go off and succeed elsewhere. Walcott was one of many, AoC was another....in fact AoC fought tooth and nail to be allowed to leave. If you don't want them, let them go. It's not fair to keep a young player who has potential, then refuse to play them.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

(🌕) Arsenal have offered €17m to sign Galatasaray's Sacha Boey, but Brighton have now offered €18.5m. (@nevzatdindar)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 pm
(🌕) Arsenal have offered €17m to sign Galatasaray's Sacha Boey, but Brighton have now offered €18.5m. (@nevzatdindar)
Outbid by Brighton, sound about right 🙄.

At least if they are looking at him it's probably a good sign.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We’ve dodged some massive turds when we’ve gone to spend mega money in the past - Thomas Lemar, Mudryk and Vlahovic spring to mind. That could easily have been just shy of 300 million quids worth of extremely expensive excrement right there alone.

Obviously we got badly stung with the 70 million pound vacant eyed cadaver - useless c.unt :banghead:

The players we seem to profile when we look to spunk our load is worrying and I can’t say I feel any better about Rice.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:04 am
We’ve dodged some massive turds when we’ve gone to spend mega money in the past - Thomas Lemar, Mudryk and Vlahovic spring to mind. That could easily have been just shy of 300 million quids worth of extremely expensive excrement right there alone.

Obviously we got badly stung with the 70 million pound vacant eyed cadaver - useless c.unt :banghead:

The players we seem to profile when we look to spunk our load is worrying and I can’t say I feel any better about Rice.
17 goals in 42 isn't bad.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 post_ wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 pm
Pay the money and it should be a no brainer. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:12 am
rodders999 wrote:

How many penalties ? I havent looked at his stats this season at all, but last summer I looked at the stats off the goals he scored for Fiorentina, and the vast vast majority were scored against the cannon fodder teams in Italy - he had almost no goals from play against any of the big clubs

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

He has 10 league goals this season in Serie Shite…….Giroud has 11 :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Saliba injury update...."too early to tell if he'll be ready for pre season" Sounds about right....another of those Arsenal injuries that don't have a medical name and that linger for years.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 1:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Jesus has 10 :? :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah and that’s what there’s a few of us on here, myself included, that say a centre forward that can hit 20 league goals minimum next season has to be a priority.

Having 4 or 5 guys on 10/11 goals is great but it ain’t gonna get the job done ultimately.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 1:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Fair enough :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:lol:

Think we were close to spunking 80 million quid on him until his agent steered him toward Juve

Thank fuck :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:45 pm
Yeah and that’s what there’s a few of us on here, myself included, that say a centre forward that can hit 20 league goals minimum next season has to be a priority.

Having 4 or 5 guys on 10/11 goals is great but it ain’t gonna get the job done ultimately.
We certainly need to buy in for a few positions but agreed 100% that we need as a priority to sign a proven 20+ PL goals a season man. I've said it for years.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:45 pm

We certainly need to buy in for a few positions but agreed 100% that we need as a priority to sign a proven 20+ PL goals a season man. I've said it for years.
Put your money on Tony Ivan. He’s a sure bet to come to Arsenal this Summer. :barscarf: