ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

We're being linked to a different striker every day. Along with all the midfielders and wingers that spring up on a daily basis too I'm just wondering where we'd keep them all.

I know most of it is BS but being a fan it's only natural to be interested.

Today I see we're being linked to Vlahovic again. Not sure we were even interested in him the previous time. And the Tielemans rumour never stops although I don't think Arteta has ever had any interest in him.

The Shaktar guy looks good as does Gakpo but you never know how much truth or BS there is in any of it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! Jesus is/ was/will be essential to us maintaining any realistic chance of getting near the top 2, he is the first player we've had in a long time who Leads By Example. The invincible had 11 of that kind of player, Jesus Gives Everything in Every Game.

If Arteta & Edu don't bring someone in to cover for him; especially as the world and his dog know Eddie just ain't up to it, it will mean that we will repeat and rinse like last season when Arteta got rid of aubamacar but didn't replace him properly and we all know how that turned out.

We have done BRILLIANTLY so far, it would break my heart for us to fuck-it-all-up now. :?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

All over Twitter (I know, I know) that Martinelli has signed until 2027

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨TRANSFER NEWS: Fulham are closing in on the signing of Cedric Soares.

@Arsenal right-back looks set to move for remainder of the season. Contract with #AFC runs out at end of this season.

[@talkSPORTLive]

#Transfers

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:47 pm
🚨TRANSFER NEWS: Fulham are closing in on the signing of Cedric Soares.

@Arsenal right-back looks set to move for remainder of the season. Contract with #AFC runs out at end of this season.

[@talkSPORTLive]

#Transfers
Flush

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If only we could flush the biggest turd in the club's history. But that one is particularly hard to flush. It's made of Granit. :(

See what I did there you cùnts? :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:28 pm
If only we could flush the biggest turd in the club's history. But that one is particularly hard to flush. It's made of Granit. :(

It's spelt granite you illiterate banshee bothered...

Ffs

As for our Swiss maestro hwhich you clealry couldnt be referring to as its soelt differntly, he's the best player at the club dontcha know....anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill...just as those who say our season will fall apart without Jesus as they have short memories of Eddie the feather tearing it up last season in one game vs the chavs...and of course we judge him on that game, no others...

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:24 pm
All over Twitter (I know, I know) that Martinelli has signed until 2027
£200,000 a week apparently

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:28 pm

It's spelt granite you illiterate banshee bothered...

Ffs

As for our Swiss maestro hwhich you clealry couldnt be referring to as its soelt differntly, he's the best player at the club dontcha know....anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill...just as those who say our season will fall apart without Jesus as they have short memories of Eddie the feather tearing it up last season in one game vs the chavs...and of course we judge him on that game, no others...
:lol: :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

Can’t see us buying in a replacement striker but I guess it all depends on how long they think Jesus will be out for . If it is long term (more than 2/3 months from now ) then they need to spend as top 4 has to be a must after this start .
With just Eddie we won’t win anything and will struggle with top 4

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:29 am
Can’t see us buying in a replacement striker but I guess it all depends on how long they think Jesus will be out for . If it is long term (more than 2/3 months from now ) then they need to spend as top 4 has to be a must after this start .
:rubchin:

maybe some 'Good' can come out of this Jesus injury situation? In that once Eddie is seen for the lightweight ineffective replacement that he is, the club will then fuck him off in the summer and bring in someone who is a worthy back-up to Jesus!??? - Yeahhh! I Knowwww but one has to cling to the life raft of Hope otherwise we'd all be throwing ourselves under the 08:18 from London Paddington. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

Arsenal and Brazil forward Gabriel Martinelli, 21, is set to sign a new deal with the club worth £200,000-a-week

Brighton's Argentine World Cup-winning midfielder Alexis Mac Allister, 23, is being targeted by Arsenal and Atletico Madrid

Arsenal have shown interest in signing Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, 21, during the January transfer window, according to the sporting director at his current club Shakhtar Donetsk.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Tottenham's attempts to tie down Italian manager Antonio Conte before the Premier League resumes next week look set to fail despite offering their Italian manager a £1m-a-year pay rise.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No surprise there then. #FOYS :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

we'd all be throwing ourselves under the 08:18 from London Paddington.

Not running !

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

shu wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:29 am
If we get Mudryk and I think we will , thats more firepower and Gabi can go up front as well , we may adapt to a new system while Jesus is out . As DB said this is where Arteta may or may not prove his worth. Like for like isn't always the best andwer especially if we can only attract another second rate forward.