ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:12 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:03 pm
https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/154 ... TUnwg&s=19

Patino looks like hes bulked out,hope he kicks on this year.
Good stuff. He looks a class player and my only real criticism of the times I've seen him play was he looked a bit lightweight. Hope he delivers at The Arsenal because this kid has it all in his game so far.
Agreed, was pleased to see this for that reason

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm
As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.
I think he may surprise a few people , just need that Xhaka replacement now 🤔 🙏

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The chavs are apparently now interested in Raphinha

Chelsea rival Arsenal for Raphinha signing as part of new-look £100m attack / @Matt_Law_DT reports

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:34 am
Right now I couldn't care less who is bought as a striker, what wingers are brought in or ACMs, fucking Xhaka is the single biggest issue with our team and will remain so as long as he wears the shirt.

Their is a misconception of the role Xhaka plays, he is not our CDM and only really plays that when Party and Elneny aren't on the pitch, he is our CM.

Putting aside his utterly woeful attempts at defending, his idiotic and petty attempts to get sent off every match and his backwards and sideways passing, he is actually supposed to be the focus of the team. The centre point which everything pivots around and yet he starts nothing, creates nothing, and 90% of his forward passes go awry until this is addressed week in week out the same bullshit as happened under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and now Arteta will continue to happen :banghead:

As I said a week or so ago Xhaka needs fucking off before any other plans are made otherwise everything else is pointless......

Amen brother. 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

With all due respect 265, it baffles me why anyone imagines that Arteta would want rid of Xhaka. There's no evidence of that at all...unless there's transfer news that I'm unaware of, which is perfectly possible...and an abundance of evidence that he considers him to be the fulcrum of our midfield. It's one reason (apart from watching what goes on on the pitch!) that I have no faith at all in Arteta. Any manager that thinks that Xhaka is anything other than a 3rd rate dud needs to be managing Spurs and no one else.

Muzz summed it up in a post a little earlier....with the Swiss duffer in the side, we can't progress. I guarantee you that, barring injury, he'll be in the middle of the park on the opening day of the season. :(

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I fear that you are right. Xhaka is going nowhere and that's the one thing that will hold us back

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I just appreciate that we are signing players from teams like City that are not at the arse-end of their careers, and COULD actually do well for us.

Could.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCL: Chelsea close to agreeing fee north of £55m with Leeds for Raphinha but not done yet. #CFC now best placed with #LUFC & 25yo as long-term favourites Barcelona can’t afford it at present + Arsenal not currently at required price @TheAthleticUK #AFC

Chelsea and Leeds have reached full agreement for Raphinha! Official bid accepted around £60/65m [add ons included]. Main part of amount to be paid immediately. It’s done between clubs. 🚨🔵 #CFC

Talks now ongoing on player side on personal terms and contract. Boehly, on it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

See how easy it is to just pay the money and there's yer man. FFS, this could've been a great transfer for us but as usual we dilly dally and fuck about like a bunch of useless c.unts!! Fucking bastard c.unts!!!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm
🚨 EXCL: Chelsea close to agreeing fee north of £55m with Leeds for Raphinha but not done yet. #CFC now best placed with #LUFC & 25yo as long-term favourites Barcelona can’t afford it at present + Arsenal not currently at required price @TheAthleticUK #AFC

Chelsea and Leeds have reached full agreement for Raphinha! Official bid accepted around £60/65m [add ons included]. Main part of amount to be paid immediately. It’s done between clubs. 🚨🔵 #CFC

If that’s the case then we should go all out for Richarlison before Spurs get him.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:35 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

With all due respect 265, it baffles me why anyone imagines that Arteta would want rid of Xhaka. There's no evidence of that at all...unless there's transfer news that I'm unaware of, which is perfectly possible...and an abundance of evidence that he considers him to be the fulcrum of our midfield. It's one reason (apart from watching what goes on on the pitch!) that I have no faith at all in Arteta. Any manager that thinks that Xhaka is anything other than a 3rd rate dud needs to be managing Spurs and no one else.

Muzz summed it up in a post a little earlier....with the Swiss duffer in the side, we can't progress. I guarantee you that, barring injury, he'll be in the middle of the park on the opening day of the season. :(
Its well known we want a centre mid so where's he gonna play , he wont drop partey so xhaka at the very least goes to the bench. Also dont spoil my dream :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:29 pm
See how easy it is to just pay the money and there's yer man. FFS, this could've been a great transfer for us but as usual we dilly dally and fuck about like a bunch of useless c.unts!! Fucking bastard c.unts!!!
As sure at least they tried

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm

If that’s the case then we should go all out for Richarlison before Spurs get him.
No thanks , cant stand him .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m sure we are now out looking for the next Glenn Helder.