ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:27 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm
As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.
The concern with the Jesus transfer is will he chase and press like he did at City or is he going somwhere cosy with a manager who is a friend...and of course Arsenal pay good wages

Hes not going there to win cups and leagues thats for sure
This is a good point. If Jesus comes to the Arsenal, he knows that he's taking a huge backward step and as Redarmy says, also knows that he won't be winning anything. Given that backdrop, he's gonna have to be very self motivated to consistently perform, because he sure as fuck ain't gonna be motivated by Captain Black.
He'll be going head to head with Richarlison for a World Cup spot.

Ok 265, I hope you're right to be optimistic about Jesus. However, I have severe doubts that he's the answer to our problems up front. Give me a prediction about the number of league goals you think he'll score next season and how many constitutes success?

In my opinion, anything less than 15 is a poor return and we ought to be expecting 20, but I reckon he'll end up with about 12 league goals tops.
From what we seen at City hes more a guy who can create chances at City under Pep he worked his bollox of in a good team with a winning mentality....will or can he do that at the Arsenal?

Lets hope its not him and Nketiah upfront

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Full agreement between Richarlison representatives and Tottenham on personal terms. Long term contract agreed with his new agents, waiting to complete the deal with Everton. 🚨⚪️ #THFC

New direct contact scheduled soon to discuss deal details between the two clubs.

Do not rate him , whatever you think of Jesus think we got the better Brazilian
dont rate him but....fuck that was completed quickly....just like the way we do buisness :wink:
Back in the distant past , i seem to recall that along with player contracts Arsenal's financial year starts on July 1st.
Is this why we are not settling things until the next set of books ?
Good thinking mate, could well be! ?
thinking about it...yes could be...think they also introduced all signings offically on the same day

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

I think 15 league goals is not an unreasonable ask of Jesus if he plays most of the season.

With Saka, ESR, Odegard, Martinelli and Vieria behind him I think there should be questions if he doesn't achieve that.

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Full agreement between Richarlison representatives and Tottenham on personal terms. Long term contract agreed with his new agents, waiting to complete the deal with Everton. 🚨⚪️ #THFC

New direct contact scheduled soon to discuss deal details between the two clubs.

dont rate him but....fuck that was completed quickly....just like the way we do buisness :wink:
Back in the distant past , i seem to recall that along with player contracts Arsenal's financial year starts on July 1st.
It was mentioned on Radio 5 about the 3-year cycle in which the books are looked at by the UEFA FFP scheme was ending and that Everton had to have money coming in because of their previous expenditure by July the 1st. We are alright because Arsenal has managed to raise £5 and a theme park ticket from the sale of 20 players in the last 3 years.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

John F wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

It was mentioned on Radio 5 about the 3-year cycle in which the books are looked at by the UEFA FFP scheme was ending and that Everton had to have money coming in because of their previous expenditure by July the 1st. We are alright because Arsenal has managed to raise £5 and a theme park ticket from the sale of 20 players in the last 3 years.

:lol: :lol:
Thinking about Arteta, I assume that the theme park was Legoland?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:36 pm
If Martinelli has signed a new long term deal will he get a shot up front and be considered the other striker to Eddie with Jesus filling in on the right hand side role leaving Saka on the left?
Frankly xgtdec, fuck knows what Captain Black has in mind. I suspect he doesn't know himself.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:47 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:38 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:14 pm
I think Jesus will be a very good signing for us. Just sign another 'big' striker now to compliment him!!

I dont understand that - are you saying a big striker is needed to play alongside him ? If so then you are suggesting either changing tactics to a 2 man forward line, or you are suggesting that he is playing wide of a main striker in which case he is playing instead of either saka, smith-rowe or martinelli :? My reality remains that the guy has NOT got the physical tools to play the 9 position in a front 3
Listening to reports, Jesus himself prefers to play on the right side of a front three, rather than through the middle. I'd love to see Martinelli move into that central position, which would save the club £50m on a central striker. However, if he isn't going to be given the chance then we will still need a big no.9. Arteta didn't try Martinelli through the middle yet, he's shown enough he is capable.

Hmmm, not seen enough to be totally convinced about this, but I'd be prepared to give it a go....especially if the alternative is Gabi not starting.
Emery used to start Martinelli as a central striker in league cup and Europa league in his first season with us. It's only after he returned from his injury Arteta moved him to the wing. In those game he reached double figures by February.
Jesus's goal stats were overall for the season not just. Premier League. I don't think he will be a goal machine but he is capable of 20+ goals a season when played through the middle. Remember he reached those goal scoring stats playing second fiddle to Aguero

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:15 pm
As for Jesus. Not the signing I wanted but I welcome another addition of an experienced PL player to a thin squad. Hopefully he can bring and help instill a winners mentality in some of our snowflake players too.
The concern with the Jesus transfer is will he chase and press like he did at City or is he going somwhere cosy with a manager who is a friend...and of course Arsenal pay good wages

Hes not going there to win cups and leagues thats for sure
This is a good point. If Jesus comes to the Arsenal, he knows that he's taking a huge backward step and as Redarmy says, also knows that he won't be winning anything. Given that backdrop, he's gonna have to be very self motivated to consistently perform, because he sure as fuck ain't gonna be motivated by Captain Black.
He'll be going head to head with Richarlison for a World Cup spot.

Ok 265, I hope you're right to be optimistic about Jesus. However, I have severe doubts that he's the answer to our problems up front. Give me a prediction about the number of league goals you think he'll score next season and how many constitutes success?

In my opinion, anything less than 15 is a poor return and we ought to be expecting 20, but I reckon he'll end up with about 12 league goals tops.
His goals per game ratio is 2.2 so he really should get 15 , he'll add assists as well but think Arteta wants goals from all the forwards , he wont play a rigid system up front.
Grwat news about Gabi , always said he wasnt going anywhere, Saka will sign next.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Martinez to United…

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Martinez to United…
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: F.F.S ! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

no need to lose our shit over players we had never heard of before last week. more concern is the lack of cm linkages and the bsession with lightweight wingers. glad no raphina as dont rate him one bit, problem is we are not being linked with anyone who will address our glaring issues, top striker and cm. instead we make do with 2nd rate jesus and another season of xhaka. wake me up when this clown is sacked.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:41 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

His goals per game ratio is 2.2 so he really should get 15 , he'll add assists as well but think Arteta wants goals from all the forwards , he wont play a rigid system up front.
Don't know what you two guys are on, but I don't see Jesus getting anywhere near 15 league goals for us. That would be more than he ever got at City with much better around him.

Do you really think City would let him go if he was capable of that many league goals?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Martinez to United…
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: F.F.S ! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Not seen it confirmed but no surprise really is it.....if they want a player best to pay what they want.....weeks of low ball offers just inviting other clubs to step in
The transfer negotiating has been incredibly poor for years

Then we buy Gormless brain dead Pepe for £72 MILLION..... :D :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:16 pm
no need to lose our shit over players we had never heard of before last week. more concern is the lack of cm linkages and the bsession with lightweight wingers. glad no raphina as dont rate him one bit, problem is we are not being linked with anyone who will address our glaring issues, top striker and cm. instead we make do with 2nd rate jesus and another season of xhaka. wake me up when this clown is sacked.
Fucking spot on....

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

There’s certainly a lot of negativity towards Jesus on here. Similar to Ramsdale and, to a lesser extent, Tomiyasu (who was only signed to sell shirts in Asia :rubchin: :oops: :lol: )

Anyway, interesting article by Tim Stillman on Arseblog about Jesus (link below). Don’t know much about Jesus really as I rarely watch City, but seems to be a real gamble signing and a complex character.

https://arseblog.com/2022/06/can-gabrie ... ise-again/