ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:22 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am
Not wumming and not trying to be contrary but why is everyone banging on so much about Caicedo?

Nobody was even talking about him 6 weeks ago. Now he's the new GOAT or something worth upward of 100m. :shock: :lol:

I've seen a fair few Brighton games and he's hardly stood out as anything special. Estupinan and Mitoma, even Solly March ffs, has impressed more.

Onana and Tielemans would be preferable to Jorginho for me but who knows what's gone on behind the scenes with any negotiations.
I do t think they are. I think they are all of the view there must be dms across the world who won't cost 70m but who are still better than our cover and way better than this *word censored*. Why have we not planned for this months back? Why this trolley dash for someone who could well undermine us given how badly we have been burnt by washed up veteran rejects from big clubs each and every time we signed them.

Oh and didn't you leave about 3 tines?! ;)

Welcome back
Nope and if it bothers you as much as it seems, cos you have mentioned it on a few occasions, I may well leave and come back a few more times. :lol:

It IS Great To See You Back Clummo! :cheekkiss: :cheers: :dance:
:barscarf:

Clummo, augie, whos next in returning next...quartz? Boomer?! BG? IHH, swale? HJD, baba,Lazarus?

Still no clash and Singapore g.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:23 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:07 pm
🚨 Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down very well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC
Well the club are hardly going to release news the squad a re psised off at an overpaid past it mercenary being shipped to us by our direct rivals and helping them fund pinching players from us!!

...is this 12m the mudryk difference?

As much as I think trossard will be decent mudryk is a generational talent.

We shall see. Massively underwhelmed and fearful of this signing as its ended in tears without fail signing chav rejects...

Hope he proves many of us wrong.

Metoo Pm but I just don't see him suddenly becoming the kind of player we so badly need, because he just isn't that. I was just beginning (Foolishly I know) to think we might, we just Might do the impossible and improbable this season, and so to think of Clive and the Chav being our mid-field ie: Our Protection for the Back Four AND the providers for our front Four, just makes me Sad and Angry. Edu & Arteta have fucked this up. :tickedoff: :goingtobed:

shu

Post by shu »

I am with you Clummo , Jorginho is there to plug a gap when Partey gets injured. Its ok for Augie to spout on about Ben White and Zinchenko filling the gap but the manager who has got us to the top of the league has gone for someone with experience (and a winning mentality) . That is why Arteta is the manager.

And then in the summer they will be in for Declan Rice. A lot of you have already started to slag him off already they way you have also slagged off Ben White (50 mil waste of money ) , continue to slag off Ramsdale etc .

What a fucking place this is !!!!

obviously there are exceptions here too but i don't get the big time negative vibe , we are top of the league and we have plugged a gap where there is a issue.

The annual online gooner get together will be like a scene from a Tarantino film ffs

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:28 pm
I am with you Clummo , Jorginho is there to plug a gap when Partey gets injured. Its ok for Augie to spout on about Ben White and Zinchenko filling the gap but the manager who has got us to the top of the league has gone for someone with experience (and a winning mentality) . That is why Arteta is the manager.

And then in the summer they will be in for Declan Rice. A lot of you have already started to slag him off already they way you have also slagged off Ben White (50 mil waste of money ) , continue to slag off Ramsdale etc .

What a fucking place this is !!!!

obviously there are exceptions here too but i don't get the big time negative vibe , we are top of the league and we have plugged a gap where there is a issue.

The annual online gooner get together will be like a scene from a Tarantino film ffs
It will be a delightful affair with cucumber sandwiches, pots of tea and the occasional Hurrrummpphhh!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down very well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC
Well the club are hardly going to release news the squad a re psised off at an overpaid past it mercenary being shipped to us by our direct rivals and helping them fund pinching players from us!!

We shall see. Massively underwhelmed and fearful of this signing as its ended in tears without fail signing chav rejects...

Metoo Pm but I just don't see him suddenly becoming the kind of player we so badly need, because he just isn't that. I was just beginning (Foolishly I know) to think we might, we just Might do the impossible and improbable this season, and so to think of Clive and the Chav being our mid-field ie: Our Protection for the Back Four AND the providers for our front Four, just makes me Sad and Angry. Edu & Arteta have fucked this up. :tickedoff: :goingtobed:
Tbf if partey stays available it's fine he won't get a look in. it's a huge if though...

Caicedo for 80m wasn't that player we really need either imo but still much rather a young talent than chav reject.

Some up and come but at a reasonably (in todays market) priced of 30-40m is what we needed to cover partey.

Basically we have signed a cover for elneny. Not one for partey.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Tbf if partey stays available it's fine he won't get a look in. it's a huge if though...

Caicedo for 80m wasn't that player we really need either imo but still much rather a young talent than chav reject.

Some up and come but at a reasonably (in todays market) priced of 30-40m is what we needed to cover partey.

Basically we have signed a cover for elneny. Not one for partey.

True. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I've stopped doom scrolling twitter and am just going to try to get behind this transfer now to avoid giving myself an ulcer. Hopefully Partey plays 90% of the games between now and the end of the season and Jorginho can take some of the workload off him whenever possible.

He can play all the Europa games, that cup tied rule has been done away with as far as I'm aware (open to correction though), maybe come on for Partey with 20+ minutes left in league games if the 3 points are wrapped up and start a few home games against the dross if Partey is looking leetle bit red zone.

It's a sticking plaster solution, relatively low cost and who knows maybe he'll score the winner at the Emptyhad or home against the chavs that propels up towards the title - no I haven't been drinking but I may start soon :wink:

He just needs to be a steady performer any time he's called upon, better than what El Neny or Lakonga can produce......and if he does....who fucking knows.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:56 am
My expectation is that we will get no one. Caicedo shows what we are prepared to spend so every back up player’s price doubles as we are seen to be desperate and wealthy.

I would look around for someone with a bit out clause and just go and buy them. Just seems simpler.

Talk of Tielemans. He used to be a DM so is a possible I would say.
Expectation, Bobby? I thought you were very much ITK?

Did I miss you leaking the Jorginho signing a few days ago? :rubchin:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If Fernandez falls through I doubt they will sell Jorginho. Do we need a back up to the back up??

If we don’t get anyone we are fucked.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This situation / signing could have been avoided had Edu & Co acted sooner and that is part of the concern and disappointment.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why didn't they follow up on their initial interest in Onana? He's a fuckin' Beast and would be a excellent permanent replacement for Clive.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:57 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:56 am
My expectation is that we will get no one. Caicedo shows what we are prepared to spend so every back up player’s price doubles as we are seen to be desperate and wealthy.

I would look around for someone with a bit out clause and just go and buy them. Just seems simpler.

Talk of Tielemans. He used to be a DM so is a possible I would say.
Expectation, Bobby? I thought you were very much ITK?

Did I miss you leaking the Jorginho signing a few days ago? :rubchin:
I get told bits and bobs. I don’t work as Edu’s PA.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I still think it's a decent signing, 12 mil and a relatively short term contract, experienced player, it could just prove to be a very astute transfer.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Just been told we have signed him. It has gone through.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:20 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am
Not wumming and not trying to be contrary but why is everyone banging on so much about Caicedo?

Nobody was even talking about him 6 weeks ago. Now he's the new GOAT or something worth upward of 100m. :shock: :lol:

I've seen a fair few Brighton games and he's hardly stood out as anything special. Estupinan and Mitoma, even Solly March ffs, has impressed more.

Onana and Tielemans would be preferable to Jorginho for me but who knows what's gone on behind the scenes with any negotiations.

Because he isnt Jorginho - you are getting mixed up there clummo because a number of fans (myself included) have questioned the wisdom of paying so much for Caicedo, but make no mistake I would rather pay £80m for 21 year old Caicedo than 12m on a 31 year old has been. We are where we are because we stopped buying rejects that our so called rivals were trying to flog, and instead started building a team of young hungry energetic players, and for me jorginho is none of those. This signing smacks of arrogance from edu and arteta who read all about how savvy they are in the transfer market and now think that they can buy any old pile of shite and make it work - football isnt like that and it is about buying the right player for the right situation, and this isnt that. Show me anything in our recent history that gives you reason to believe that signing a player in 30s will work for us - these two clowns (edu and arteta) were the same c.unts that signing willian and signed cedric (experienced but not in his 30s).

There is every possibility that not signing a quality midfielder will finish us if partey gets injured, but do you believe that this guy is good enough to make the difference in a league chasing team ? If your answer is yes, then tell me why the chavs (who are in a mess) are happy to get rid
Just to clarify, when I say everyone banging on about Caicedo I'm not talking exclusively about this forum, I'm talking the football World in general.

Plus I've already said that Onana and Tielemans would be preferable for me but who knows how negotiations went or if we were ever interested at all.