other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm
For all the shite talk that we have had to listen to from the media and the victim fans over the past few years, the reality is that this "best team in the world" has won ONE premier league and ONE champions league title in SEVEN years under big teeth klopp - yes they have won secondary cups like the fa cup and league cup, but those are not how the big clubs are judged, but to listen to the meeja w*nk themselves silly over these c.unts in the last few years you would think that they have dominated football :roll:
And let's not forget they changed the rules for that solitary league title he won. :roll:

I've said it from day one. Football Bono is not a world class manager - I know that will upset fanboy goonersid but sid can go fuck himself :lol: :wink: .

Trampy Shipman bottled 6 finals. Domestically he's won one PL trophy and one FA cup in 7 years. Compare that to Wenger who won 3 PL and 3 FA Cups including two Doubles and an unbeaten league title in his first 7 full seasons. Compare it to any top manager, it does not add up that Herr Stupid Teeth is a world class manager.

Plus he's a complete cock. :censored: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Correction: 7 finals now! :lol: :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
For all the shite talk that we have had to listen to from the media and the victim fans over the past few years, the reality is that this "best team in the world" has won ONE premier league and ONE champions league title in SEVEN years under big teeth klopp - yes they have won secondary cups like the fa cup and league cup, but those are not how the big clubs are judged, but to listen to the meeja w*nk themselves silly over these c.unts in the last few years you would think that they have dominated football :roll:
Far be it for me to go in to bat for the fuckers Augie but they finished with 97 and 92 points in two seasons and didn't win the league, that's fucking obscene (as well as hilarious).

His record in finals is horrendous though, didn't even score a goal in either of the domestic cup finals this season, has now lost 2 champions league finals as well as a league cup final in his first season there.

Actually I've been thinking a lot since the weekend that it's a fucking miracle they beat the scum in that CL final (and thank fuck they did) because he has serious form in bottling finals, we dodged a massive fucking bullet there thank christ.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:09 pm
augie wrote:
Far be it for me to go in to bat for the fuckers Augie but they finished with 97 and 92 points in two seasons and didn't win the league, that's fucking obscene (as well as hilarious).

His record in finals is horrendous though, didn't even score a goal in either of the domestic cup finals this season, has now lost 2 champions league finals as well as a league cup final in his first season there.

Actually I've been thinking a lot since the weekend that it's a fucking miracle they beat the scum in that CL final (and thank fuck they did) because he has serious form in bottling finals, we dodged a massive fucking bullet there thank christ.
They'd have lost that CL final too, had they not been playing the ultimate "bottlers" sperz.
Two teams failed to show up for the final, but in sperz, pokeynose and fat tongue?
The mousers couldn't have failed to win.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:22 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:32 pm
I'm going against the grain on this one but I've spoken to 2 friends who were at the CL final on Saturday and they both told me of the utter carnage they were faced with as they tried to get in. They both got to the ground 2 hours before kick off and were stuck in the crowd. The gates weren't open and the checks were delayed. They've been travelling away all season, plus went to the 2018 and 2019 finals, with no problems at all. They got their tickets through the ballot, so genuine tickets. One was told his ticket was fake so he had to show the email he received from the club confirming the ticket was genuine. They got in the ground about 30 mins before kickoff. The police were disgraceful. If want evidence at how poor the French are at organising security at a football match look at what happened at st.etienne the same night, and the trouble a two Marseille matches this season.
"2 friends" ......hardly going to be unbiased...particularly if come from liverpool.....they are born as liars and cheats
would rob their own grandmother...
BAN THE FUCKERS
Only 2 I can trust to tell the truth as they are genuine football supporters and always speak well of Arsenal.
They didn't have any problems in 2018 and 2019.
In addition can't compare what happened 16 years ago at the same ground as a genuine comparison. Attitude towards English in Paris has totally changed. I was there earlier this year and as soon as I spoke English attitude changed and were totally rude to me and my partner. That was in travel information bureau.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck it Sid I don’t know, the more I look at Klopp’s awful record in finals the more I think they could have easily shit the bed and easily bottled that one against the scum. Perish the thought.

I know they didn’t so there’s no point in me wetting my undies over it but I’ve been thinking about it a lot since Saturday and the fact we had to rely on the flaky prick to stop the scum winning the CL fills me with dread :shock:

Could have been the worst thing to ever happen us.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 pm
Attitude towards English in Paris has totally changed. I was there earlier this year and as soon as I spoke English attitude changed and were totally rude to me and my partner. That was in travel information bureau.
So absolutely no bias in your post then. :roll:

I feel if you're in another country you should at least make an effort to speak their language.

My French isn't great and they usually respond in English, but at least I make the effort.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF98 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:29 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 pm
Attitude towards English in Paris has totally changed. I was there earlier this year and as soon as I spoke English attitude changed and were totally rude to me and my partner. That was in travel information bureau.
So absolutely no bias in your post then. :roll:

I feel if you're in another country you should at least make an effort to speak their language.

My French isn't great and they usually respond in English, but at least I make the effort.
Absolutely. I was in Paris for the CL final in 2006 and a couple mates and I learned a few very basic French phrases (the key one being something like "good morning, forgive me, I do not speak French") and once we made that initial polite effort the locals were great and spoke English to us no problem. Been to Paris a few times since and had no problems at all.

Same with Germany, Portugal, Spain, etc etc. Once you make that initial effort you'll be pleasantly surprised how many of the locals can and will engage with you in English.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I agree about trying to speak the language when you go to a foreign country, the Irish have been trying it when they come here for years, failing miserably but at least they try :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tru Dat!

Me and an ex (we were students) lived in Sardinia for just over a year and we knew some Italian, but made sure we brushed up on Sardo which is one of the 2 Sardinian dialects before we arrived and even though at the beginning our command & use of their language was piss poor they knew we were trying; and what began as laughter at our poor attempts in the first week soon changed to them helping us to say things properly. They also learnt some English ( & Welsh! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: ) from us.

We then moved on to Capo Testa a small island renowned for its Lace work, whose dialect was slightly different and again they were happy to help us learn their way of speaking because we had the basics of Sardo down.

A little effort goes a long, long way!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:24 am
I agree about trying to speak the language when you go to a foreign country, the Irish have been trying it when they come here for years, failing miserably but at least they try :lol:
:lol:

Hey it's not our fault we speak your language better than you do. Or that we fuck your women better than you do. We just do. 8)

:wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:32 am
Tru Dat!

Me and an ex (we were students) lived in Sardinia for just over a year and we knew some Italian, but made sure we brushed up on Sardo which is one of the 2 Sardinian dialects before we arrived and even though at the beginning our command & use of their language was piss poor they knew we were trying; and what began as laughter at our poor attempts in the first week soon changed to them helping us to say things properly. They also learnt some English ( & Welsh! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: ) from us.

We then moved on to Capo Testa a small island renowned for its Lace work, whose dialect was slightly different and again they were happy to help us learn their way of speaking because we had the basics of Sardo down.

A little ewok goes a long, long way!
Ooh matron. :oops: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB I've heard from a 'reliable' source that your first experience with a British girl, was similar to that in Lola by the Kinks :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:11 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:24 am
:lol:

Hey it's not our fault we speak your language better than you do. Or that we fuck your women better than you do. We just do. 8)

:wink:
I'd like to come over there and level things up with all those lovely Oirish ladies, but I'm afraid the £50 on a flight is still what puts me off really :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:49 am
DB I've heard from a 'reliable' source that your first experience with a British girl, was similar to that in Lola by the Kinks :wink:
But Dirrrrrty DB Still Went ahead and "did the business" (a La Back Door Man!). :lol: