other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:28 pm
Delighted to see Fat Sam Allthepies get dirty Leeds relegated. The final nail in his pint of wine swigging joke of a "career". :oops: :lol:

Funny how he thought he was better than "all them other top managers", you know, the ones that have never been relegated and have actually won major trophies? :lol:

Also delighted to see Racist Steptoe and his cuntbag Leicester team mates relegated. Hilariously his shebitch wife will now leave him because how's she gonna get on the magazine covers and into the tabloids if she's married to a bloke that's not a Premier League foobler? :lol:
Shame they couldn't have taken Chelsea & West Ham with them too. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:28 pm
Delighted to see Fat Sam Allthepies get dirty Leeds relegated. The final nail in his pint of wine swigging joke of a "career". :oops: :lol:

Funny how he thought he was better than "all them other top managers", you know, the ones that have never been relegated and have actually won major trophies? :lol:

Also delighted to see Racist Steptoe and his cuntbag Leicester team mates relegated. Hilariously his shebitch wife will now leave him because how's she gonna get on the magazine covers and into the tabloids if she's married to a bloke that's not a Premier League foobler? :lol:
Yeah I'll drink to that. Much as I have no love of Everton particularly, as you have known for some time I don't mind old Dychey :D

Certainly a better manager than old Walrus Chops and the Leicester story conveniently airbrushed out the part when they went into administration and left lots of local businesses in tatters....only to be rescued by a multi millionaire not longer after. Oh yeah and Mr and Mrs Vardy are both c.unts of the highest order

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There’s always one team that implodes and sinks like a fucking stone to get relegated at the back end of every season and this year it was dirty Leeds.

2 points from their final 9 games, complete free fall.

Slug head came in (was it 3 million he got for the 4 games :oops: ), announced he was as good as any manager in the game and delivered 1 point from 12 with them pissing in 11 goals for good measure.

What a c.unt :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Brentford taken more points off City in one season than we have in 5 years :? :roll: :?

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:54 pm
Brentford taken more points off City in one season than we have in 5 years :? :roll: :?
Truly pathetic isn’t it …

I had the feeling all season deep down that if we didn’t beat city at least one of the two games we wouldn’t and shouldn’t deserve to win the league. I think to win a title you simply have to beat your direct rivals at least once. I like most the year Leicester won it doubted they could even when they were winning game after game.

Then I remember the game they beat city 3-1 and you just knew then this could really happen.

We on the other hand couldn’t even manage one draw between the two games. Whilst at home on form if I remember correctly.

Again , pathetic.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

scotgooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 4:16 am
xisstential wrote:

I had the feeling all season deep down that if we didn’t beat city at least one of the two games we wouldn’t and shouldn’t deserve to win the league. I think to win a title you simply have to beat your direct rivals at least once. I like most the year Leicester won it doubted they could even when they were winning game after game.

Then I remember the game they beat city 3-1 and you just knew then this could really happen.

We on the other hand couldn’t even manage one draw between the two games. Whilst at home on form if I remember correctly.

Again , pathetic.
One slight issue with that point. Arguably we were their rivals that season as we finished second. We beat them home and away. The only team to do it. They however kept their nerve and kept winning against the fodder of the league. We bottled it this season.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:23 pm
There’s always one team that implodes and sinks like a fucking stone to get relegated at the back end of every season and this year it was dirty Leeds.

Slug head came in (was it 3 million he got for the 4 games :oops: ), announced he was as good as any manager in the game and delivered 1 point from 12 with them pissing in 11 goals for good measure.

Bloke’s a charlatan. Even in his pomp it was due to refs allowing the likes of Kevin Davies to physically assault defenders. Total busted flush.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:10 am
rodders999 wrote:

Bloke’s a charlatan. Even in his pomp it was due to refs allowing the likes of Kevin Davies to physically assault defenders. Total busted flush.
He's never had a pomp. It's always been a 'plump.'

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:46 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Well he did get Bolton into Europe and became England manager (before he got done for fraud). Bloke’s a clown.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:44 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Well he did get Bolton into Europe and became England manager (before he got done for fraud). Bloke’s a clown.
By all accounts. He was on the take at every club he was at. Wasn't one of his sons investigated for fraud when he was Bolton manager? Fat fucking crook.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Mon May 29, 2023 12:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:44 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

By all accounts. He was on the take at every club he was at. Wasn't one of his sons investigated for fraud when he was Bolton manager? Fat fucking crook.
I worked in the Canary Wharf area when he was West Ham boss. We drank in a bar at the bottom of the tower he lived in the penthouse of. Would regularly see him come out of the lift to go out on the town with Kevin Nolan. All dressed up like a twenty something. Bloke properly rated himself! :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Anyone know all the European qualifiers now as Manure or Citeh will win the FA Cup, so does that mean the Spuds qualify for the Europa Conference joke competition?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:08 am
scotgooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Again , pathetic.
One slight issue with that point. Arguably we were their rivals that season as we finished second. We beat them home and away. The only team to do it. They however kept their nerve and kept winning against the fodder of the league. We bottled it this season.
I remember the question was being openly asked, even on commentary, Can Leicester really do this? Then they went to City and won 3-1 and everyone starting realising, this could actually happen.

On Valentines Day Welbeck scored the last minute winner at the Emirates and I think we were then one or maybe 2 points behind Leicester.......and then we did what we have been doing for over a decade, shat ourselves and fell away.

I remember Wenger petulantly swatting reporters away later that year telling them that we did our job ie. we beat Leicester home and away. He made it very clear that we didn't win the league because the other teams couldn't deal with Leicester....it was their fault, we beat them twice, what more could we do???
Oh how I miss that lovable old curmudgeon and his ability to get the team out of trouble. Not on the field, but off it. :roll: :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:28 pm
Anyone know all the European qualifiers now as Manure or Citeh will win the FA Cup, so does that mean the Spuds qualify for the Europa Conference joke competition?
Villa are in. Spurs are not. Only one to be decided is if West Ham win the Cup they qualify for Europa as an additional place.

UCL - City, Arsenal, United, Toon
Europa - Pool, Brighton
Conference - Villa

Wham - Europa if they win the Cup.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:08 am
scotgooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Again , pathetic.
I remember the question was being openly asked, even on commentary, Can Leicester really do this? Then they went to City and won 3-1 and everyone starting realising, this could actually happen.

On Valentines Day Welbeck scored the last minute winner at the Emirates and I think we were then one or maybe 2 points behind Leicester.......and then we did what we have been doing for over a decade, shat ourselves and fell away.

I remember Wenger petulantly swatting reporters away later that year telling them that we did our job ie. we beat Leicester home and away. He made it very clear that we didn't win the league because the other teams couldn't deal with Leicester....it was their fault, we beat them twice, what more could we do???
Oh how I miss that lovable old curmudgeon and his ability to get the team out of trouble. Not on the field, but off it. :roll: :roll:
Once he lost his leaders he was a busted flush.