other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by gooner265 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:06 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:59 pm
They are claiming they've won more European trophies than us, one was the intertoto :lol:
Like claiming you've been to more countries than someone else and including the Isle of Wight and the Isle of Dogs.
Surely we’ve both won 2??
Correct if you count this 7th placed trophy , toto was just a pre qualifier or do we count the Emirates as they were against European opposition 🤣

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:14 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:06 pm
gooner265 wrote:
They are claiming they've won more European trophies than us, one was the intertoto :lol:
Like claiming you've been to more countries than someone else and including the Isle of Wight and the Isle of Dogs.
Surely we’ve both won 2??
Correct if you count this 7th placed trophy , toto was just a pre qualifier or do we count the Emirates as they were against European opposition 🤣
If my memory serves me correctly the Intertoto basically had three “winners” each Season. There were three finals with three different winners. You then qualified for the UEFA Cup I think. It was no more a cup than the cup I drink my morning coffee out of. If there was one overall winner then fine I can get comfortable with it regardless of the standard. How the actual fuck can you claim it as a European trophy when you have 3 winners. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ve just looked back and the Intertoto Cup trophy was about the height of a can of Stella. At some point the winners were actually awarded a Certificate instead of a trophy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:51 pm
I’ve just looked back and the Intertoto Cup trophy was about the height of a can of Stella. At some point the winners were actually awarded a Certificate instead of a trophy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only interesting thing I know about it was that in 1996, Bordeaux became the only team to make it all the way to the UEFA Cup final having started off the June before, playing and winning their section of the Intertoto cup.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gooner265 wrote:
West Ham havent even ever qualified for the Champions League :D

if like Wenger you count that as a trophy then we have won about 20 trophies :lol: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

West Ham are massive….. Massive C unts. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Wet Sham cùnts bragging about made up European trophies.... to go with all their made up league titles. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Won't even be watching tonight

Not sure what I want - the pimped up c.unts losing just for the shit and giggles, or just getting it the fuck out of the way.

I'll take any result actually as long as some nasty Italian c.unt snaps that thick, gormless, cocky, dumb as fuck Brummie c.unt in half then gives it a big smile afterwards. I actually care more about someone harming him than anything else !

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:00 am

Not sure what I want - the pimped up c.unts losing just for the shit and giggles, or just getting it the fuck out of the way.

I'll take any result actually as long as some nasty Italian c.unt snaps that thick, gormless, cocky, dumb as fuck Brummie c.unt in half then gives it a big smile afterwards. I actually care more about someone harming him than anything else !
Off to Kentish Town for a gig. I have had little or no interest when it comes to the final since 2006...

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Was listening to a podcast over here the other day and they spoke about how little interest/hype there seems to be in tonight's game compared to previous finals, and they asked why that is :rubchin: The obvious answer is because it is down to city and their unlimited wealth - I'm not a guy that gets hung up on FFP bu!!shit cos I generally dont care about it, but there is no doubt that there is an overwhelming feeling of inevitability/expectancy when it comes to city winning trophies, and that is leading to boredom and is not sustainable long term imo. It wouldnt surprise me one jot if the tv viewing figures for tonights game is the lowest in recent years cos inter milan are expected to be swatted aside - how will uefa react if it is a one sided final and viewing figures are well down ? The premier league are gone too far down the road now to be concerned about level playing field because their image and tv rights are built on having the best players playing here, but uefa are answerable to all countries and they (the other countries) wont tolerate being cannon fodder for a nation state owned club

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Was listening to a podcast over here the other day and they spoke about how little interest/hype there seems to be in tonight's game compared to previous finals, and they asked why that is :rubchin: The obvious answer is because it is down to city and their unlimited wealth - I'm not a guy that gets hung up on FFP bu!!shit cos I generally dont care about it, but there is no doubt that there is an overwhelming feeling of inevitability/expectancy when it comes to city winning trophies, and that is leading to boredom and is not sustainable long term imo. It wouldnt surprise me one jot if the tv viewing figures for tonights game is the lowest in recent years cos inter milan are expected to be swatted aside - how will uefa react if it is a one sided final and viewing figures are well down ? The premier league are gone too far down the road now to be concerned about level playing field because their image and tv rights are built on having the best players playing here, but uefa are answerable to all countries and they (the other countries) wont tolerate being cannon fodder for a nation state owned club
UEFA are a bunch of absolute melts- they will be too busy shitting the bed about the top clubs breaking away and forming their own European super league to do anything about it

This is the new state of football until Newcastle or some other pimped up c.unts finally spend more money than City and appoint a top manager

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I feel physically sick. Having to cheer on an Italian team to beat the oil cheats is horrible but that's where the shit modern game is. The only league I hate more than the Spanish dive fest is the Italian ballet shit league so having to hope one of their teams win makes me feel fucking dirty. :censored:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

What I absolutely love is that no one apart from their shitey tin pot fans actually care about anything they are doing. The real football fan knows there’s no romance or any substance to it just pure money and corruption/cheating.

Will be the same again tonight if they win. Boring and bothered :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

scotgooner wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:15 pm
What I absolutely love is that no one apart from their shitey tin pot fans actually care about anything they are doing. The real football fan knows there’s no romance or any substance to it just pure money and corruption/cheating.

Absolutely. No romance, no integrity, just plastics cheering on oil cheats. Utter shit. :yawn:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:28 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:15 pm

Absolutely. No romance, no integrity, just plastics cheering on oil cheats. Utter shit. :yawn:
There's the hope that a nasty Italian will smash the shit out of that Brummie c.unt mate. That's the only outcome I'm interested in !