other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by sk-gtfo »

If City get away with this and United get oil money then the PL can go to hell.

I do wonder what will happen though, surely the American owners will get fed up with pimped clubs, which they can't match?.

I can see some sort of weird split coming if the oil money clubs dominate (very likely).

Well done City though at least United fans will be fuming.. just hope you get stripped of it and Qatar get blocked from buying your neighbours.

Cvnts!.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:03 pm
Very different perspective from me.

United's treble in 99 was a travesty. They did not deserve to win the FA Cup semi-final. They were a cynical, thoroughly nasty bunch of thugs.

With one possible exception (Grealish) there is no-one to dislike in this City side .Fuck the money, they deserved the treble and United deserve to see their noisy neighbours take their unique achievement.away.
Yep. I agree. That manure lot were pure cúnts and had their own version of financial warfare as they could spend more money than anyone else at the time. Fuck them. They were cúnts and the fact that this must be pissing them all off makes me smile.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:

United's treble in 99 was a travesty. They did not deserve to win the FA Cup semi-final. They were a cynical, thoroughly nasty bunch of thugs.

With one possible exception (Grealish) there is no-one to dislike in this City side .Fuck the money, they deserved the treble and United deserve to see their noisy neighbours take their unique achievement.away.
Yep. I agree. That manure lot were pure cúnts and had their own version of financial warfare as they could spend more money than anyone else at the time. Fuck them. They were cúnts and the fact that this must be pissing them all off makes me smile.
C.unts they may well be and I can't recall a single player I liked from that team. In fairness to them though it wasn't bought. The first English CL for donkeys years and the money was still flowing in Italy, Spain and Germany back then. Unlike these c.unts who have literally bought the lot

Midz

Post by Midz »

As already said it was just a matter of time before they won it. Shame but inevitable..

Never mind, moving forward there's the transfer window to watch unfold. Should bring a few laughs, upsets and plenty of frustrations.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone. :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:

C.unts they may well be and I can't recall a single player I liked from that team. In fairness to them though it wasn't bought. The first English CL for donkeys years and the money was still flowing in Italy, Spain and Germany back then. Unlike these c.unts who have literally bought the lot
I know what you mean but they were so fucking dislikeable and so corrupt in their own way with that red faced cúnt bullying refs and their thug players getting away with murder that they had such an advantage and influence that they had a similar fraud-like hold on the game. Their financial muscle at the time was more than any other English club and they were able to get basically anyone they wanted in the same way City can today.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Halaand is a seriously overrated footballer isn’t he? I mean don’t get me wrong he’s a massive battering ram goal threat who will bundle home a shit load of goals for a side with the attacking threat of Manchester City. He’s an A grade striker but just not a Great Player like he’s made out to be. I mean a player like Andy Cole used to bang them in by the dozen and I don’t remember people creaming their pants about him in the same way. You admire his stats but there is sometimes a difference between being bagging a shit load of goals for a top team and actually being a truly great player.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I still stand by this. Guardiola’s reputation is based purely on a cheque book and inheriting the best teams in the league. Nothing more, nothing less.
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:16 pm
I don’t quite understand how Guardiola is considered a “good” or even “great” manager. Some are calling him the - and I hate the acronym - GOAT (greatest of all time) manager. I think that is fundamentally insulting to football, to be honest with you. Give me that Barcelona side he had and I’d win the same. Give me that Bayern squad and I’d win the Bundesliga, and give me a carte blanche with a Premier League team and I’d build a dominating side within 2 years.

The man has never built a single squad on a budget in his entire career. I don’t believe his tactics are anything more than what one would expect from most professional managers, behind the fact he can buy who he wants. Say what you will about Mourinho (and trust me, I have plenty to say about that *word censored*) but at least he cut his teeth, and earned his stripes, with a Porto side that over achieved beyond means.

Guardiola is the most overrated manager in football, and has never truly achieved more than the means of the super starts he inherited, or bought, have allowed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Football is dead. :suicide:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

*I know what you mean but they were so fucking dislikeable and so corrupt in their own way with that red faced cúnt bullying refs and their thug players getting away with murder that they had such an advantage and influence that they had a similar fraud-like hold on the game. Their financial muscle at the time was more than any other English club and they were able to get basically anyone they wanted in the same way City can today*

With Man Utd we all suspected, correctly, it would end with Ferguson’s retirement. He was a top coach AND they had the money AND the refs were scared of him as has nowadays so been openly admitted. And we all know the only thing that will stop Man City - more money. Tonight gives the lie (for the umpteenth time) to the “Guardiola Factor”. He’s good at what he does, but he’s nowhere near as special as his fans would have you believe. They were utter shite tonight against a ragtag outfit. City had already won the PL 2/3 times before he arrived FFS.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:18 pm
I still stand by this. Guardiola’s reputation is based purely on a cheque book and inheriting the best teams in the league. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don’t quite understand how Guardiola is considered a “good” or even “great” manager. Some are calling him the - and I hate the acronym - GOAT (greatest of all time) manager. I think that is fundamentally insulting to football, to be honest with you. Give me that Barcelona side he had and I’d win the same. Give me that Bayern squad and I’d win the Bundesliga, and give me a carte blanche with a Premier League team and I’d build a dominating side within 2 years.

The man has never built a single squad on a budget in his entire career. I don’t believe his tactics are anything more than what one would expect from most professional managers, behind the fact he can buy who he wants. Say what you will about Mourinho (and trust me, I have plenty to say about that *word censored*) but at least he cut his teeth, and earned his stripes, with a Porto side that over achieved beyond means.

Guardiola is the most overrated manager in football, and has never truly achieved more than the means of the super starts he inherited, or bought, have allowed.
Bang on. Wenger’s three titles, shit load of FA Cup wins, and CL final appearance with Arsenal was arguably more impressive than everything Guardiola has achieved in his career. And I probably wouldnt put Wenger in the top 20 managers of all time.

Perryashburtongroves

Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:18 pm

That's the question that will forever be asked about him. What could he actually do at a club that wasn't the richest in the country? Bayern Munich is the only real club he's been at and they didn't really tolerate his nonsense when he kept asking for more and more money and was told to work within the club's structure and model. He just stropped off to whoever was offering more money. It was either Man City or PSG and England offers more of an ego trip.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Man Ure were c.unts. Sir Rednose the biggest c.unt of the lot

But to suggest their financial muscle was anywhere near this lot is wide of the mark. The richest club in England definitely but no advantage over the top clubs in Italy, Spain or Germany back then. They beat us to the title by a point and narrowly beat Juve in the CL semi. This shower of c.unts beat Real Madrid - Europe's most successful club 4-0

Absolutely no comparison. United's was earned, City's was bought

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The comparison to the united treble team came up in conversation at work the other day where some dull c.unt was trying to say city’s current domination was the same as united back then and I couldn’t believe that I found myself going in to bat for old whiskey nose’s team.

Back then united had the biggest ground, the highest commercial revenue, a massive global fan base and the man united megastore was famously a licence to print money.

As much as everyone else despised them, the monster was created completely from their own mega wealth.

Fast forward to today, a relegation yo yo club was picked from mediocrity by a gulf nation state, pimped with oil money generated 5000 miles away from their ground and as a result they’ve now bought every trophy in sight.

They have zero respect from the wider football community, they could win 100 leagues in row and they’ll be met with nothing but apathy and indifference.

Fuck them.

The biggest travesty is how they’re going to destroy the game I’ve adored all my life. That’s their biggest crime. What’s even the point of watching anymore?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Agree, English football is dead as a competitive competition but hey-ho, I whacked £100 at 3/1 on them to win the treble after they beat us, so every cloud…….!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:31 pm
The comparison to the united treble team came up in conversation at work the other day where some dull c.unt was trying to say city’s current domination was the same as united back then and I couldn’t believe that I found myself going in to bat for old whiskey nose’s team.

Back then united had the biggest ground, the highest commercial revenue, a massive global fan base and the man united megastore was famously a licence to print money.

As much as everyone else despised them, the monster was created completely from their own mega wealth.

Fast forward to today, a relegation yo yo club was picked from mediocrity by a gulf nation state, pimped with oil money generated 5000 miles away from their ground and as a result they’ve now bought every trophy in sight.

They have zero respect from the wider football community, they could win 100 leagues in row and they’ll be met with nothing but apathy and indifference.

Fuck them.

The biggest travesty is how they’re going to destroy the game I’ve adored all my life. That’s their biggest crime. What’s even the point of watching anymore?
Spot on pal. Word for word