other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Get him on a plane home tonight and start him Thursday :barscarf:

Comoros were 10/1 to win that :shock:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I have been watching this game with my two lads and praying for Comoros to win so Big Tom will be home asap.

I tried explaining to the wife why we were watching this shit and cheering for a country we had not heard of until a few days ago. She thinks that we are nuts 😂😂😂

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's one of those things where you either "get It" or you don't.

Only saw the 2nd half but Brighton played some excellent footie tonight against the Chavs it looked like the latter were lucky to come away with the point.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:40 pm
Burnely gave been granted another postponement for tomorrow’s match against Watford (our game against them next Sunday looking dodgy now too) but funnily enough there’s no journos losing their absolute shit about it.

Strange days indeed.
That's 5 games postponed for them. Some serious breaching of COVID guidelines going on there. Apart from the weather related postponement, which 20 years ago would still have been played, the other games don't affect sky football schedule so that's okay. Good job none of their opponents are in European competition.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Chelsea have really gone of the reservation. After 10 games wasn't their goal difference like 25+ and they had only conceded 3 or 4 goals in the opening 10 games. They were genuine league contenders and at one stage actually opened up a little gap at the top, but now its over for them, only Liverpool have an outside chance of catching City .

We are 9 points behind with 3 games in hand. So if there current run of form isn't broken they could find themselves in a top 4 race over the next month. They play spurs next & if they lose that and we beat Burnley then you could argue they are in the top 4 only by virtue of having played more games. They are still in a strong position to grab 3rd. But Chelsea fans are wrong if they think top 4 is a sure thing for them.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:25 am
Chelsea have really gone of the reservation. After 10 games wasn't their goal difference like 25+ and they had only conceded 3 or 4 goals in the opening 10 games. They were genuine league contenders and at one stage actually opened up a little gap at the top, but now its over for them, only Liverpool have an outside chance of catching City .

We are 9 points behind with 3 games in hand. So if there current run of form isn't broken they could find themselves in a top 4 race over the next month. They play spurs next & if they lose that and we beat Burnley then you could argue they are in the top 4 only by virtue of having played more games. They are still in a strong position to grab 3rd. But Chelsea fans are wrong if they think top 4 is a sure thing for them.
They're a lucky bunch of fuckers and sod's law, they bollox it all right up, finish 5th or 6th but somehow manage jam the Champions League again.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:09 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

They're a lucky bunch of fuckers and sod's law, they bollox it all right up, finish 5th or 6th but somehow manage jam the Champions League again.
If it somehow stps scum getting in the CL and getting extra cash so be it. Anything that helps that toilet lot on the road to insolvency, is welcome in my book...(not that anything comes of it given they are in huge debt yet will be paying conte a huge wedge and will have to spend big to keep him sweet... FFP my arse)

Midz

Post by Midz »

Weds 19/01/22

PREMIER LEAGUE

Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur
19:30

Brentford v Manchester United
20:00

C'mon both home teams :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:49 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:09 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

If it somehow stps scum getting in the CL and getting extra cash so be it. Anything that helps that toilet lot on the road to insolvency, is welcome in my book...(not that anything comes of it given they are in huge debt yet will be paying conte a huge wedge and will have to spend big to keep him sweet... FFP my arse)
That is the only thing that makes it palatable. Scum need to be nowhere near that competition ever again as every season out of it will push them closer and closer to financial meltdown.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Spurs :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I can’t believe what I have just watched.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 pm

What the fuck??? I turned it off at 90 fucking minutes :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

What the fuck??? I turned it off at 90 fucking minutes :banghead:
5 mins injury time
Equalised in 95th minute
Won in 97th minute!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Same here, it's just sickening.

Perryashburtongroves

We're not back to all this scum getting lucky in the last minute bollox are we? Jesus fucking Christ, the amount of fucking luck those cúnts have. Fucking hell.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Scored in the 98th fucking minute against Watford a few weeks ago too :roll: