other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by TeeCee »

Partey and Tierney injured playing for their international teams yet again. It's a joke!! :banghead: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:38 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:37 pm
Well done the Arsenal Ladies, great result. You should show the video to the boys team so they can hopefully copy this result.

Beth Mead's goal was as good as any striker be they male or female.

I don't understand why many of you on here are so derogatory towards the ladies team. They're not trying to compete with the boys, they just play their own game (which they do very well) and I for one wish them success.

Beth Mead for president!! :D :D
I object to it because its a shit level game that is forced into us to tick a pc agenda box. If they show live coverage of the wsl then they should show live coverage of boys under 14s too. Its about the same technical and physical level.
There was a rumour that the clubs under 15’s played the women in a friendly behind closed doors just a few weeks ago.

The result was 5-0 to the boys, not publicised, kept under wraps etc.

I have no issue with women playing football, my daughter played to centre of excellence level against Arsenal, Chelsea, Millwall, etc, etc and there are some very good women players.
I’m glad when Arsenal women win, but when they don’t it doesn’t ruin my weekend at all.

DB is right, they haven’t started from scratch off their own back - yesterday was played at the Emirates, new record attendance for the WSL - that’s great, fantastic, but how much did the women contribute to the building of the stadium ? While the mens team suffered the financial strain to fund it.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/re ... eo/77eswn3

Includes some poor quality video footage from said match

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:48 am
https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/re ... eo/77eswn3

Includes some poor quality video footage from said match
Interesting...not really a surprise boys under 15 have unbelievable talent and can all play

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:38 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:37 pm
Well done the Arsenal Ladies, great result. You should show the video to the boys team so they can hopefully copy this result.

Beth Mead's goal was as good as any striker be they male or female.

I don't understand why many of you on here are so derogatory towards the ladies team. They're not trying to compete with the boys, they just play their own game (which they do very well) and I for one wish them success.

Beth Mead for president!! :D :D
I object to it because its a shit level game that is forced into us to tick a pc agenda box. If they show live coverage of the wsl then they should show live coverage of boys under 14s too. Its about the same technical and physical level.

I object to their pathetic claims of wanting "equality" when they exist only at the expense of the men's game. If they want true equality then fine let them break away from the men's clubs that subsidise the living shit out of their game and let them start their own league like the men did over a hundred years ago and let them build it up from the ground. But they don't want that do they. Nope, they want it all handed to them.
Yes all pretty much true as above,
its a strange one really as doubt anyone would be against women and girls playing football its the whole bending of truth from the woke brigade that gets me...

shu

Post by shu »

Ffs women’s football is shit , it shouldn’t even be discussed here

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:28 am
Partey and Tierney injured playing for their international teams yet again. It's a joke!! :banghead: :banghead:
Tierney spends his time on the medical team's bench at Arsenal so they get him fit to play for his country where he gets injured again. Repeat to fade.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta needs to tell both of them; We pay your fucking wages so you put us first and your country second, if Arteta says No! Then they don't go, if they refuse and get injured then they don't get paid. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, I know that's not do-able but FFS! You'd think they'd do the right thing. :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:27 am
Arteta needs to tell both of them; We pay your fucking wages so you put us first and your country second, if Arteta says No! Then they don't go, if they refuse and get injured then they don't get paid. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, I know that's not do-able but FFS! You'd think they'd do the right thing. :?
last report i saw Steve Clarke saying Tierney will be ok

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

KT just a head knock for Scotland he will be fine for NLD on Saturday …

Chiiiiiiill lads 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is this could be the closest NLD in quite a while and the last thing we need is any of the First Team getting crocked.

#COYG

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bill says it best... :lol: :wink:

https://youtu.be/I745Ajeq_B8

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:01 pm
Bill says it best... :lol: :wink:

https://youtu.be/I745Ajeq_B8
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

He nailed it...

"When are you gonna pick up your end of the couch?" :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

What absolute waste of time that international break was. Only match I watched was Arsenal ladies thumping Spurs. Setting a precedent for the men's team. And the last 20 minutes of England Vs Germany. Saka changed that match.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:27 am

The 3 Brazilian lads stayed in London. Pretty sure Edu had something to do with that. Maybe he fired up his BBQ for them.