Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Next season, ALL of Arsenal’s kits will be emblazoned with the iconic cannon rather than the club crest. [@gunnerblog] #afc

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:57 pm
🚨 Next season, ALL of Arsenal’s kits will be emblazoned with the iconic cannon rather than the club crest. [@gunnerblog] #afc
Good, hope that spells the beginning of the end for the poxy crest.

Thought this line was telling -

"if the club wishes to make a material change to its club crest it must undertake an extensive consultation process with supporters"

That's something that wasn't there in 2002 when they hoodwinked in the cartoon cannon.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

"if the club wishes to make a material change to its club crest it must undertake an extensive consultation process with supporters"

That's something that wasn't there in 2002 when they hoodwinked in the cartoon cannon.

The stupid fucking crest was another of Wenger's decisions I believe. The old fucker had no idea about style and design....a multi millionaire who dressed like man at C&A.....and lumbered a club with a proud history and heritage with the fucking cartoon monstrosity. Another aspect of the poisoned legacy the old wanker bestowed upon us....fucking detest him.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

mcdowell42 wrote:
It's still facing the wrong way though.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

The stupid fucking crest was another of Wenger's decisions I believe. The old fucker had no idea about style and design....a multi millionaire who dressed like man at C&A.....and lumbered a club with a proud history and heritage with the fucking cartoon monstrosity. Another aspect of the poisoned legacy the old wanker bestowed upon us....fucking detest him.
I don't think we can blame that on him...it was about copyright and greed. Loads of clubs have done the same. Sadly.

the playing mantis

Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I don't think we can blame that on him...it was about copyright and greed. Loads of clubs have done the same. Sadly.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I think it was him that approved the design. I’m could be wrong, but don’t think so.

You’re right that a new crest which could be legally protected was required, but it didn’t have to be a fucking Disney style badge. I remember being fucking horrified when I first saw it.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:49 pm
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I think it was him that approved the design. I’m could be wrong, but don’t think so.

You’re right that a new crest which could be legally protected was required, but it didn’t have to be a fucking Disney style badge. I remember being fucking horrified when I first saw it.
“ What the fucking hell is that “ was the chant from the clock end when it was unveiled at the end of the season , the poor kids who were walking it round the ground

Even though it will be a cannon on the shirts, it’s still not THE cannon from the old badge

the playing mantis

Wasn't there an alleged fan consultation on it that no one saw?!

Surely he was too busy hand building the stadium to hand draw the new crest!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 am
Wasn't there an alleged fan consultation on it that no one saw?!

Surely he was too busy hand building the stadium to hand draw the new crest!
:lol: :lol:
I’m not saying he designed it himself, but I think he approved the cartoon design…he was at least involved. I think people were encouraged to send designs in and the Disney monstrosity won. I could be misremembering of course.

I’ve no doubt that Wenger would have insisted on having to approve the new crest. He was an absolute control freak who ran the club like his personal fiefdom.

The story might be apocryphal, but I was told back in 2006 that he insisted on approving the china that was used in the new stadium. It wouldn’t surprise me. It was where our board were too weak. He should have been told to fuck and concentrate on team affairs not to be involved in every minor aspect of the club.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rumoured (twitter) to be next seasons home shirt.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:01 am
Rumoured (twitter) to be next seasons home shirt.

Supposedly going to be worn v Everton last game of the season

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead:

Why the fuck have they got to mess with the Red and White? No need for any fuckin' scummy Blue :banghead:

Okay I can appreciate the 3 Adidas stripes on the shoulders... But FFS... Stop messing with the Colours...Have they never heard of "Less Is More".

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Our kits for next season are woeful. The back of the home shirt is detestable, the away kit looks like some kind of reggae party (also, how does it represent Wrighty and Rocky when they both wore Nike rather than Adidas?)
I can live with the third kit, just about, but it’s nothing special either

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 am
:banghead:

Why the fuck have they got to mess with the Red and White? No need for any fuckin' scummy Blue :banghead:

Okay I can appreciate the 3 Adidas stripes on the shoulders... But FFS... Stop messing with the Colours...Have they never heard of "Less Is More".
Coming up with 3 different kits a season, every single season and eventually you run out of ideas.

Just release the reissues you slaaaaaags.