Happy Invincibles Day!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Happy Invincibles Day!

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:52 pm
You don't have to be that old to remember that lots double . I had the ignomy of being at a North london school at the time with a large number of local kids that went on mercilessly about it. .
Unfortunately 10 years later when we started repeating the feat , we had all left school and i didn't see them to get my own back.
That’s what social media was invented for - to look up old girlfriends and troll people you are no longer in touch with socially

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

A11M11 wrote:
You don't have to be that old to remember that lots double . I had the ignomy of being at a North london school at the time with a large number of local kids that went on mercilessly about it. .
London County Council ended at Highgate Hill, Finsbury Park in those days before April 1965 ! :barscarf:

Anything more northerly was actually in County MIDDLESEX, same as Tootenumb Hotshites were exactly that when they did the double into 1961!

So they have NEVER EVER won the English League championship as a LONDON club! :mrgreen:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

So Kentish Town qualified.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

A11M11 wrote:
Unfortunately 10 years later when we started repeating the feat , we had all left school and i didn't see them to get my own back.
How old would you have to be to realistically remember it? 67? I just about remember 1971 which was my first season following Arsenal.

Luckily scum have never won league in my puff.

I remember a few scummers at school banging on about winning 9-0 oblivious to the fact it was in the second division :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

74 in my case so I can remember it clearly. I always answer yes to the have you ever seen Totts win the league.

herbert

Post by herbert »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:46 am
So Kentish Town qualified.
My own personal rivalry and hatred for the vermin stems from my childhood in Kentish Town and familys on the estates being either Arsenal or Spurs so i get how hard it would have been for you in school after 61 but luckily for me I started school in 71 :barscarf: