Womans "Football" WTF (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Womans "Football" WTF (NSFW)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:34 pm
It was a superb performance with some great goals. Sorry to the haters but to me it was as good as anything that the men’s team have produced.

Can’t wait for Sunday - bring on the French or the Germans because we can beat both of them.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Women’s football is here to stay and you all need to accept that.
Get a grip ffs. :oops: :lol: It's here to stay for you if you want to watch it. For the rest of us that don't feel the urge to try and fit in with every latest trend, or show how pc we are, it is still shit inferior football played at a boys under 14 level, and that lives off funding from the men's game. You take away that funding and the shit women's game will be gone within a year.

And there's my challenge to every female player crying about equality, and every pc wannabe that pretends to support the women's game. You want equality? Great. No problem. Fund your own game. take nothing from the men's games financing and then pay yourselves whatever you like.

And now you are such a big fan of the women's game, I wonder how many actual games you'll attend over the next few years huh? :roll:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Andrew wrote:
It was a superb performance with some great goals. Sorry to the haters but to me it was as good as anything that the men’s team have produced.

Can’t wait for Sunday - bring on the French or the Germans because we can beat both of them.

Thats sounds like im being forced to do something i dont want to do.......mmmmm.....what do you gals call that again?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:

Just because I don't find the actual games to be as entertaining as I would hope and like them to be and so don't usually bother watching 99% of any Women Football doesn't mean I 'hate' it.

Good Luck to them and Women's Football, I would much prefer young girls were attending training & coaching sessions to improve their football skills than hanging out at bus shelters drinking cider, smoking ganja and getting into other kinds of trouble.

I also am aware that the current crop of Professional Women Footballers are or can act as Icon's and sporting heroes for youngsters regardless of gender, which mostly is a good and positive thing.

Also having watched parts of some of the games in the Women's European Championships, it was clear there are some very skilled players; particularly in the French and Spanish teams and so I admire and respect their abilities as footballers. But the overkill on the BBC TV and Radio and all those jumping on the Gravy Train; like Ian Wright and a host of other ex-professionals so as to be 'seen' as being 'right on' is sickening. Also, much of what the female pundits talk as if they have played football for the past 35 years or so, when in fact I recognise that many of them are often simply repeating things that they have heard or read by previous (male) pundits and ex-professional players to the point where it really is embarrassingly obvious that they don't have a full grasp or understanding of the game, and just because they dress up to the nine's to go in-front of the camera's isn't going to improve that in any way, shape or form.

As I say I for one sincerely hope Women's Football as a sport is here to stay, that it does develop, expand and improve ( especially at grass roots level, where it can positively impact on the lives of thousands of young girls) but Women's Professional Football seems to think because it is the latest trend / fad in sport that it should automatically be newsworthy to the point of obsession and overkill, also it should develop and become a 'professional' sport under its own steam and volition rather than having to be subsidised by Men's Football.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

None of the kudos for the women achieving their recent success is down to the FA.

It was only 10 years ago they were reducing the number of Girls Centre’s of Excellence across the country, which meant that established clubs such as Ipswich and Norwich were left without a license, primarily due to London clubs reluctance to travel to Suffolk and Norfolk to play the matches.

Therefore casting aside many girls with skill and dedication who were not able to travel 2 hours, or more twice a week for training and again on a Saturday to play the matches at those clubs that did retain the licence.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sounds much the same as for when I was in my early teens, my father was in the military and mostly abroad so I was left with relatives, they didn't have their own transport / car and so I was unable to go to training sessions etc...

"I coulda been somebody" :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Let them set up their own independent FA and raise their own funds. That's is equality. Earn it. They do not have the right to equal pay with the men's game or equal coverage. These womens teams would not exist without sponging off the men's game.

Gender based quotas sicken me. In my job we have to promote a certain percentage of women. And unfortunately a lot of them are not capable of working as mid level or senior management. Some are. Some are excellent managers, but the majority of women that get promoted are only promoted to tick a gender "equality" box which is sickening.

No one should get rewarded based purely on their gender.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Andrew wrote:

Great to see such a fan of womens football :D
what did you make of the 2009 euros final?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:57 am
Andrew wrote:

Get a grip ffs. :oops: :lol: It's here to stay for you if you want to watch it. For the rest of us that don't feel the urge to try and fit in with every latest trend, or show how pc we are, it is still shit inferior football played at a boys under 14 level, and that lives off funding from the men's game. You take away that funding and the shit women's game will be gone within a year.

And there's my challenge to every female player crying about equality, and every pc wannabe that pretends to support the women's game. You want equality? Great. No problem. Fund your own game. take nothing from the men's games financing and then pay yourselves whatever you like.

And now you are such a big fan of the women's game, I wonder how many actual games you'll attend over the next few years huh? :roll:
Arghhhhhhh!
Ban him DB!!! Or is it her? Or an "it" :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

England brought it home!!

Fantastic achievement for the England team, well done!! :barscarf:

I've joked about watching it to see them swap shirts but after scoring the winning goal Kelly took her shirt off to celebrate. Well done girl. fucking awesome!! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, Despite the inferior levels of quality compared to what we are used to seeing (with the exception of Clive) it was a hard fought and deserved win.

England team played well (again allowing for lack of skills, strength and pace) They met the German efficiency face on and the first England goal was well taken.

Of course the Germans re-organised and pushed up high and eventually scored the equaliser, but fair do's to the England team they kept on battling - The ref was useless, and seriously out of her depth, imagine a female version of Mike Riley (aka: Fergie Gimp) only with long hair and you get the idea.

But the England team refused to let their heads drop (Ooooh! Missus :-P ) and scrambled the 2nd and Wining goal through sheer hard work and determination.

And they Closed the game OUT with 6 Minutes + 2 minutes extra/ extra time. The German team tried all kinds of rough house tactics; which I know probably was a 'Turn On' for Sid and Rodders, but the England Women hung in there.

I celebrated at the end and am really pleased for them. :barscarf:

Well Done.

ps: Yes when Chloe(?) Kelly celebrated the 2nd goal by taking off her top I was Saddened to see she was wearing a Sports Bra, but fair do's they bounced about nicely: Definitely Natural and I reckon 36B or C. :D :-P

pps: Womens Team or not it was great to see the Germans (dirty fuckers btw) get BEAT! :lol: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Lock this fucking thread before I vomit!
Honestly reading posts on here from forum members whose views on football I would have previously respected, well it's fucking embarrassing!
Take a good look at yourselves!
It's women's football!'
Holy fucking Christ!
If you honestly are taking some kind of national pride from that shite, then you are pathetic!
You should give up watching the game, go and watch that fucking nonsense every week and fuck off from this forum, because you're not worthy to post on here!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:30 am
Honestly reading posts on here from forum members whose views on football I would have previously respected, well it's fucking embarrassing!
It's women's football!'
Holy fucking Christ!
If you honestly are taking some kind of national pride from that shite, then you are pathetic!
You should give up watching the game, go and watch that fucking nonsense every week and fuck off from this forum, because you're not worthy to post on here!
:D
That’s more like it

To be honest I have had to come on here to get away from the ridiculous, over the top, cringeworthy reports I am reading on the rest of the internet. I can’t believe this country has gone mad over such a minor sporting event - ok we won the euros. so what?
Most of the rest of the world really do not care that much. Let’s face it the England team are only relatively good because they get more funding than most countries and it has only had interest because there is wall to wall coverage on terrestrial TV.

Imagine what it would be like if they actually won the World Cup ! :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:55 am
goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:30 am
It's women's football!'
Holy fucking Christ!
:D
That’s more like it

To be honest I have had to come on here to get away from the ridiculous, over the top, cringeworthy reports I am reading on the rest of the internet. I can’t believe this country has gone mad over such a minor sporting event - ok we won the euros. so what?
Most of the rest of the world really do not care that much. Let’s face it the England team are only relatively good because they get more funding than most countries and it has only had interest because there is wall to wall coverage on terrestrial TV.

Imagine what it would be like if they actually won the World Cup ! :banghead:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Thus spoke Waldorf and Statler

:rubchin:

Which one's which!?????

:coffeespit:

BobbyPires7

The Women’s Thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Welcome Alessia Russo. :barscarf:

And farewell Granit Xhaka and his wife FiveToThree. :barscarf:

mcdowell42