Cricket stuff....

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Cricket stuff....

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mel Jones..... :puke: a voice even rodders couldn't wànk to. :shock:

:lol: :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 pm
Didn't know this existed , we're in a bit of trouble now
I think we have blown it now. I can not see the Aussies failing to get that target

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

John F wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:06 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 pm
Didn't know this existed , we're in a bit of trouble now
I think we have blown it now. I can not see the Aussies failing to get that target
Couple of early wickets could be game on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I played a lot of cricket as a kid living in Brisbane. And I loved the game. My dad brought us to the Gabba alot and we avidly watched the Ashes and the Kerry Packer series as kids in the 70s. But when my family moved back to Oireland when I was 15 years old I kinda drifted away from it as football was my number one sport. But I watch the Ashes every time and usually enjoy it.

Strangely I was nervous today watching Cummins and Lyon right at the end.... kinda watching the Arsenal type nervous..... never felt that with anything but football really. :shock: :lol:

Anyway, exciting end to it, and you pommies were unlucky, but a good win for the Aussies! :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm
I played a lot of cricket as a kid living in Brisbane. And I loved the game. My dad brought us to the Gabba alot and we avidly watched the Ashes and the Kerry Packer series as kids in the 70s. But when my family moved back to Oireland when I was 15 years old I kinda drifted away from it as football was my number one sport. But I watch the Ashes every time and usually enjoy it.

Strangely I was nervous today watching Cummins and Lyon right at the end.... kinda watching the Arsenal type nervous..... never felt that with anything but football really. :shock: :lol:

Anyway, exciting end to it, and you pommies were unlucky, but a good win for the Aussies! :wink:

Good day cobber. Does that mean you have got an Aussie accent :D . I worked with a load of Aussies back in the Eighties great bunch I even took them to Arsenal games and we still got on afterwards. I did not think England was unlucky they just made some poor decisions, especially the declaration. I hate losing to your lot but I think the Aussies will kick on from here as there are too many issues with England at the moment. Injuries and an aging pace attack. The Aussies won without their openers performing which is a worry.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Congratulations Broady 600 Wickets :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:16 pm
That's a pity. :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 pm

Good day cobber. Does that mean you have got an Aussie accent :D . I worked with a load of Aussies back in the Eighties great bunch I even took them to Arsenal games and we still got on afterwards. I did not think England was unlucky they just made some poor decisions, especially the declaration. I hate losing to your lot but I think the Aussies will kick on from here as there are too many issues with England at the moment. Injuries and an aging pace attack. The Aussies won without their openers performing which is a worry.
Strewth ya pommy poof! :lol: :wink:

Used to have an Aussie accent. But my folks moved us all to Oireland when I was fifteen and I lost the accent over a couple of years in my late teens.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Highlights of Zak Crawley's Innings Today (Thursday) on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/66257395

8) :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Game on now, gonna be a fun first session tomorrow , 200 plus lead quickly and declare

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Just watched the Highlights on BBC of Broady taking his / the last wicket to Level the series 2 - 2... Fucking IMMENSE Bowling Fair Do's. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone else watching the ODI's at the moment... Some amazing batting by India and Pakistan! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fuccccckkk! England 70 for 6 !!!!

Seeth Afrika are tonking them!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just totally enjoying watching the India batsmen: Especially Rohit and Kohli... Fuckin Amaazing! 8)