VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: VAR

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Mike Dean Spineless, self-lovingCunt just as we all knew he was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66612570

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Plus he's an idiot for admitting it and making his former colleagues' job even harder.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am
"I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view. I didn’t want to send Anthony up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I didn’t want any more grief than he already had"

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

🗣"I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’.

🗣"I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee."

Mike Dean folks

Ironically, Mike Dean has inadvertently hurt Taylor & Premier League referees still working with these remarks more than he would have done had he simply sent his colleague to the screen.
Appears to confirm many fans’ fear - that *some* VARS support mates’ incorrect calls for fear of publicly undermining them.

He says he missed the hair pull…

Then states he chose not to send Taylor to view the screen - so he did see it.

So which was it ?

Incompetent or bent as a nine Bob note

Referees or VAR in this case deciding enough had already gone on in the game ?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
"I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view. I didn’t want to send Anthony up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I didn’t want any more grief than he already had"

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

🗣"I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’.

Mike Dean folks

Ironically, Mike Dean has inadvertently hurt Taylor & Premier League referees still working with these remarks more than he would have done had he simply sent his colleague to the screen.
Appears to confirm many fans’ fear - that *some* VARS support mates’ incorrect calls for fear of publicly undermining them.
Nothing on sky sports about it.

Absolute corruption.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

Mike Dean folks

Fucking prick. Absolutely fucking horrendous thing to read but completely unsurprising. He's always been a fucking cheat and this just goes to prove that refs cheat to make decisions based on how they think players and managers will react. It's fraud, it's cheating and this cûnt should be banned from any football for life.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Absolutely. SlySports should be all over this, getting Howard Webb in front of the camera asking what he thinks of his referees making decisions based on the possibility of making another official look silly or hurting their feelings FFS :shock: This is enormous, it's an actual admission of affecting the outcome of a game because of a personal feeling. This IS cheating and it makes the whole refereeing structure look bent.

The fact that the media is not making a massive thing of this is actually an indicator that they know full well there is cheating but they don't want anything to 'damage' their game, especially SlySports who now have a banner saying 'The Greatest Show on Earth' for their football.........no wonder they aren't picking up on it. C.unts.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

In 2018...

🗣 Arsène Wenger: “You’re not honest.”

🗣Mike Dean: “So you’re calling me a cheat?”

🗣Wenger: “I maintain what I say, you’re not honest, you’re a disgrace. You’ve done this to us many times before, you’re supposed to be professional.”

Later Arsène Wenger was banned 3 games and fined £40k. 🤔

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:09 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

Mike Dean folks

He says he missed the hair pull…

Then states he chose not to send Taylor to view the screen - so he did see it.

So which was it ?

Incompetent or bent as a nine Bob note

Referees or VAR in this case deciding enough had already gone on in the game ?
Besides which he isn't the 'Brightest Bulb On The Ole Xmas Tree" that's obvious or he would have kept Schtumm. I would suggest the 'reason' for him coming out with this now is he is Missing Being In The Limelight, he always was one of the referee's who it was all about him and not the game nor the players in the teams who were Younger, far far richer than he could ever hope to be; regardless of the Backhanders he was taking...The Cun.t is an attention seeking whore and I'm glad he's history.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

Mike Dean folks

The fact he can, or at least believes he can, say this with impunity is the most shocking thing of all.

“Ah yeah, didn’t want to do my job. My mate would have been deep in the shit had he been instructed p, by myself, to simply use the monitor for its intended purpose and rectify any error made. Couldn’t have that.”

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:27 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

Mike Dean folks

The fact he can, or at least believes he can, say this with impunity is the most shocking thing of all.

“Ah yeah, didn’t want to do my job. My mate would have been deep in the shit had he been instructed p, by myself, to simply use the monitor for its intended purpose and rectify any error made. Couldn’t have that.”
Complete abuse of power and deliberately misleading the paying public. That's fraud. Criminal offence and police investigation should follow. At the very least there should be an investigation into this and to ascertain how often this has occurred with VAR or indeed anything before VAR. It's absolutely no wonder they don't want their conversations broadcast because as we've always known, they are cheating and they're fraudulent. This prick needs banning for life and all his matches need looking at. If this was cricket, it would be called spot-fixing and people have been sent to prison for that. Fucking disgusting that this old cûnt thinks he can just say this and nothing will happen. Shows just how embedded cheating and fraud is in the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:43 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:27 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

✍️ @_ChrisBascombe

#TelegraphFootball

Mike Dean folks

Complete abuse of power and deliberately misleading the paying public. That's fraud. Criminal offence and police investigation should follow. At the very least there should be an investigation into this and to ascertain how often this has occurred with VAR or indeed anything before VAR. It's absolutely no wonder they don't want their conversations broadcast because as we've always known, they are cheating and they're fraudulent. This prick needs banning for life and all his matches need looking at. If this was cricket, it would be called spot-fixing and people have been sent to prison for that. Fucking disgusting that this old cûnt thinks he can just say this and nothing will happen. Shows just how embedded cheating and fraud is in the game.
Absolutely. There has to be repercussions for this cheating attention seeking cùnt. :censored:

But of course there won't be. It would open a huge can of worms. :roll:

The game is dead. :(

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

It’s all an old boys club with these refs. That’s why VAR doesn’t work in the Prem. They back each other and are not objective.

When I worked for a Bank in my 20s our training centre was in Northamptonshire called Staverton Park. It’s where all the refs trained during the week. You would see them in the bar in the evening and they were all on a jolly. They are one big team and they back each other. Being mates is more important than getting it right.

It’s fraudulent basically. Nothing more. Nothing less. It’s been like this for decades.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

2013, Halsey opted not to take a severance payment of £50,000 from the PGMOL upon retiring from officiating, instead taking on a position with BT Sport. Per the piece, the sum is only issued if the referees agree to a “gagging order” to prevent them discussing their officiating days when they retire.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:05 pm
2013, Halsey opted not to take a severance payment of £50,000 from the PGMOL upon retiring from officiating, instead taking on a position with BT Sport. Per the piece, the sum is only issued if the referees agree to a “gagging order” to prevent them discussing their officiating days when they retire.
Jeezus I didn't know that. So same 'Corrupt' approach as the BIG Companies and Multi-Nationals when they 'Settle Out Of Court'; everyone knows they're Guilty but they can buy an enforced fake silence.

When is someone going to become a Whistle Blower and bring the whole shithouse of the PGMOL down in flames?. :?

Funny how it's all gone quiet on the Man City allegations front, no surprises there then.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

How sweet would it be that if by opening his fucking fat mouth here, one of the most bent refs there ever was, caused an independent review to be carried out of PGMOL and officiating in this league for the last 30 odd years.

Just one person coming forward would cause a domino effect that would bring the whole house of cards tumbling down. Years of blatant match fixing and corruption exposed, I’d fucking love it. Never gonna happen though sadly, the government haven’t the fucking stones to carry out an enquiry because the league makes them too much money :roll: