Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gazzatt2

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by gazzatt2 »

free on sky showcase 106 tonight

not sure if that works in Oirland

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:17 pm
free on sky showcase 106 tonight

not sure if that works in Oirland
Cheers mate. Showcase is on Virgin media ch 114. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Streaming is shit. Come back SlySports all is forgiven.

Stream dropped about ten times during the Leicester match. Jumped on another stream each time but then on the 80th minute it dropped again and not one of ten links I tried could reconnect. Fuck that.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:03 pm
Streaming is shit. Come back SlySports all is forgiven.

Stream dropped about ten times during the Leicester match. Jumped on another stream each time but then on the 80th minute it dropped again and not one of ten links I tried could reconnect. Fuck that.
Mine was decent for me bar the last 5 mins or so

Had to refresh a couple of time in game but no big issue.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Thought I'd pop in to see all the moans following a fine 4-2 win and I wasn't disappointed. :roll: :lol:

Not a fan of a lot of people on here but I really do hate to see fellow Gooners struggling to see our matches that aren't on TV.

So......

If you prefer to use a "legitimate" service then the easiest at the moment is Paramount+ for Central America. You can use this via their website with a VPN set to Mexico. (Other countries can be used ie. Nicaragua, Panama, Cuba etc but Mexico tends to offer the fastest servers by far because of better infrastructure).

You can also install the Android app on a device but you must ensure you have the International version and NOT the UK version, so don't download it from the Playstore. It's easily available online if you search for it. A UK subscription + the International apk and a vpn will work fine.

Paramount+ only offers Premier League and the coverage is in Spanish but it is a direct source.

DON'T use a free VPN service. They are free for a reason, generally because the speeds are shite and you will just be subjecting yourself to buffer hell (if the streams even play at all). Just ensure that any VPN service you consider has at last one server in Mexico.

If you aren't afraid to use a not so "legitimate" service a couple that are very good are.....

DrogonTV (http://drogon.tv)
Quality over quantity. A relatively small content but certainly covers all major sporting events, including all Prem, Cup and Euro football. Has been around for a number of years and is an extremely reliable service. They offer several subscription periods but I would advise against taking out anything too long. Should the service ever get taken down then you could be out of pocket by a fair amount. I'd recommend no more than 3 months at a time which works out to $8 (£6.50) per month. Can be used directly from their website or using an m3u file with an IPTV app. Excellent epg included.

Private IPTV (https://privateiptvaccess.com/ref/continuum)
A more extensive service offering thousands of channels from around the world as well as ad hoc event streams. Even the basic package ($0.32 or 26p per day) has a ridiculous amount of options that will certainly have you covered for anything and everything. You top up your account with funds and a daily amount is deducted depending on your package. They even offer a 3 day free trial.

Download the m3u file (which you can tailor to suit) and use in an IPTV player app like Tivimate, OTT Navigator, Perfect Player etc or on a computer using VLC player.

A VPN isn't required with either as far as I'm aware but obviously I haven't used every ISP so there may be some stream blocking going on at match times. IDK.

Don't be mean and try to do things for free or on the cheap. Just compare the monthly outlay to the amount you'd pay for sat or cable (£70/80??) and you don't get to watch every game for that!

Both services allow 2 simultaneous connections so you could even halve the cost with a mate. :wink:

If you're worried about how you pay for these services then consider a Revolut account (https://www.revolut.com). They are an American online bank that issue virtual cards to use. Just top up your account with the amount you need to pay using Google Play or PayPal and then use your virtual card to buy your subscription. Perfectly safe.

I'm not interested in getting into any conversations on this, I just can't sit back and see fellow Gooners struggling when I can offer some solutions to help.

COYG :barscarf:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cheers Clummo me old Mucker. I had looked into trying to subscribe to Peacock and NBC but I haven’t the fucking aptitude to do it. Tech has passed me out and there’s not a hope I’d manage it.

Gonna give that IPTV a whirl and if it works well that’s the end of SKY and BT, they can go fuck themselves.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:07 pm
Cheers Clummo me old Mucker. I had looked into trying to subscribe to Peacock and NBC but I haven’t the fucking aptitude to do it. Tech has passed me out and there’s not a hope I’d manage it.

Gonna give that IPTV a whirl and if it works well that’s the end of SKY and BT, they can go fuck themselves.
Let me know how you get on Rodders please, I am a bit of a tech dunce, would probably look to get an app for my iPad so it is portable if that is feasible and don’t mind paying for a subscription service to do so .

Clummo, good to,see you pop back up again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 pm
Thought I'd pop in to see all the moans following a fine 4-2 win and I wasn't disappointed. :roll: :lol:

Not a fan of a lot of people on here but I really do hate to see fellow Gooners struggling to see our matches that aren't on TV.

I'm not interested in getting into any conversations on this, I just can't sit back and see fellow Gooners struggling when I can offer some solutions to help.

COYG :barscarf:
It's good to see you back Clummo...

He's gone mate! :barscarf: We miss you Clummo come back we miss you! :cheekkiss: And not just for your links... :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If anyone tries one of Clummo's suggestions, let me know. I've been using an App called Navisports for a while but it goes off and gets shut down quite often. I've been thinking about the IPTV stuff for a while but don't undertand enough of it to commit. I'm happy to just watch on my laptop so I'm not fussed about Smart telly. As I say, if anyone does try one, please share what you did and give us a quick review.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:22 pm
If anyone tries one of Clummo's suggestions, let me know. I've been using an App called Navisports for a while but it goes off and gets shut down quite often. I've been thinking about the IPTV stuff for a while but don't undertand enough of it to commit. I'm happy to just watch on my laptop so I'm not fussed about Smart telly. As I say, if anyone does try one, please share what you did and give us a quick review.
What's IPTV mate? ( :oops: )

Perryashburtongroves

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:35 pm
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:22 pm
What's IPTV mate? ( :oops: )

Clummo! Clummo! Help, please!!!! I think it's television you can stream rather than receive through digital TV broadcasts. That means you can watch it on Smart TV or via mobile or laptops and which doesn't come from one territory or region. My basic understanding is that you can subscribe to a provider and it might not be entirely legal but it can provide you with a lot of TV channels and most importantly sports. They're very popular with football, cricket and boxing fans who have nearly all everything on pay TV. A lot depends on the service you subscribe to and as Clummo says, never buy too long a subscription because they can be shut down quickly. To be perfectly honest, I'd happily go with one of the options Clummo recommends above as he knows his stuff. There's a lot of stuff I've read over the years about TV sticks and boxes from mail order and online companies but I don't understand that at all.

Just to be absolutely clear as I know DB and the forum owners might be a bit nervous about this; it's totally an individual choice and I'm not in any way, encouraging anyone to avoid copyright law...

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

PMSL Perry! :lol: :lol:

Yes you are spot on with your description.

Of the three options I posted I'd recommend DrogonTV as the best tbh. You can watch direct in your browser via their website or use the m3u list in a player app. Depends on your needs. Just for matches on a laptop then the website is perfect.

As I said they've been around for many years (previously a different name to DrogonTV) and the streams are rock solid and reliable. I used to rip them for Continuum amongst other sources. :-P :lol:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Some of Saturday's schedule is already up.

And I have no link to them at all, I get nothing for any referrals. I'm just trying to help out.

Perryashburtongroves

Lovely, mate. I'll give it ago this weekend. That's the very first time in 41 years, I've ever got anything right about computers or technology. I'm good at reading stuff but not so great at actually understanding it. Thanks mate and hope all is well.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm
Lovely, mate. I'll give it ago this weekend. That's the very first time in 41 years, I've ever got anything right about computers or technology. I'm good at reading stuff but not so great at actually understanding it. Thanks mate and hope all is well.
Didn't you get me back into the WhatsApp group when I managed to lock myself out? Or was that someone else? :lol: