Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by gooner265 »

Using Drogon fir the first time but doesn't seem to be a casting option , i have chromecast ?

Edit works from laptop

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I've upgraded my Drogon to IPTV, so I can now watch HD-quality games on my TV. Did it with an amazon firestick, was a bit of ball ache getting it set up but the instructions are on the Drogon site, and they have support as well which helps with any teething issues.

So good to have Amazon, Netflix and Drogon on my Amazon firestick now. Sky and BT are in big trouble if this gains traction in the UK.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:36 am
I've upgraded my Drogon to IPTV, so I can now watch HD-quality games on my TV. Did it with an amazon firestick, was a bit of ball ache getting it set up but the instructions are on the Drogon site, and they have support as well which helps with any teething issues.

So good to have Amazon, Netflix and Drogon on my Amazon firestick now. Sky and BT are in big trouble if this gains traction in the UK.
That's the set up I went with after I fucked off SlySports and BT. A mate advised me on it. Works like a charm. Most of the lads have it now. :lol:

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's the set up I went with after I fucked off SlySports and BT. A mate advised me on it. Works like a charm. Most of the lads have it now. :lol:
Yeah, quality isn't it.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Yeah, quality isn't it.
Check out Stremio for movies and TV shows. That would take your setup to the next level. Always run your vpn with it though, set to UK is fine.

nut flush gooner

I'm not using a VPN Clummo mate, I might have mentioned before I play poker as a side hustle and Sky Bet/Poker who are the site I play on don't take kindly to VPNs. Until there's an internet setup I can use that doesn't require two connections/additional costs I will take Drogon TV's lite offering.

That said, I can't thank you enough for this info. Was a proper pain getting it set up, but IPTV is the way forward for sure.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:50 pm
I'm not using a VPN Clummo mate, I might have mentioned before I play poker as a side hustle and Sky Bet/Poker who are the site I play on don't take kindly to VPNs. Until there's an internet setup I can use that doesn't require two connections/additional costs I will take Drogon TV's lite offering.

That said, I can't thank you enough for this info. Was a proper pain getting it set up, but IPTV is the way forward for sure.
Actually yes I do recall you telling me that regarding your vpn.

The pain with setup is more to do with the Firestick than anything else tbh. They're a decent place to start but there are better devices out there.

Enjoy mate!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I just went through the options to sign up to the IPTV on the previous page and it says I can only pay in crypto currency so I shit my pants and am currently hiding in my attic.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:59 am
I just went through the options to sign up to the IPTV on the previous page and it says I can only pay in crypto currency so I shit my pants and am currently hiding in my attic.
:lol: :lol:

Which one mate, DrogonTV or PrivateIPTV ?

Both still have several alternative payment methods.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:22 am
rodders999 wrote:

:lol:

PrivateIPTV me auld china.

I get this message on the payment screen -

More payment options will be available soon! For now, we are accepting only Crypto.

have I made a bollocks of myself? I don’t even have a fire stick so probably can’t watch anyway.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:41 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:22 am
rodders999 wrote:

:lol:

PrivateIPTV me auld china.

I get this message on the payment screen -

More payment options will be available soon! For now, we are accepting only Crypto.

have I made a bollocks of myself? I don’t even have a fire stick so probably can’t watch anyway.
Definitely several payment options on there, I set a neighbour up with it only yesterday.

Without an Android device your better option is certainly DrogonTV because you can also use that through their website.

PrivateIPTV takes more setting up whereas Drogon you can use immediately.

Maybe do Drogon for one month as a tryout? They cost the same. Can always swap to the other one at a later time.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Match on USA network for anyone struggling to find it :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm
Yes, I was showing off in the North Bank streaming the game on Drogon via my smartphone.

Only to be brought down to earth by a mate who said, yeah that corner happened two minutes ago!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:03 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm
Yes, I was showing off in the North Bank streaming the game on Drogon via my smartphone.

Only to be brought down to earth by a mate who said, yeah that corner happened two minutes ago!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:coffeespit:

Had a similar issue recently where a mate texted me celebrating a goal and it was about a minute later I saw the goal. I stopped reading his texts during matches! :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

My sky contract ended this week so they’ve gone in the fucking bin. Robbing caaaaaaants.

I signed up to Drogon last week for the Forrest game and cast from my phone to my tv to watch. Superb quality.

Just spent the last hour linking it to a fire stick so I can watch direct from the telly (what a fucking dose that was - entering those long URLs with the Amazon remote is a killer - I duplicated one letter and it wouldn’t work - took me ages to find out where I went wrong :banghead: )

Would Dragon plus Stremio, that Clummo mentions above, be the way to go for all the other channels or would it be better going for the IPTV option on the previous page. Thinking sky Atlantic, bbc and all the the rest for her indoors.

I only signed up for a month with Drogon to test it out so can stick or twist.