Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

arrgee

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by arrgee »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:54 pm
Xhaka is enough to make someone go on about Ian Selley and David Hillier!!
I think it is worth remembering that when Hillier and Selley broke into the team they were very good. Hillier helped Arsenal win the League in 1991 and Selley played in the Cup Winners Cup Winning team in 1994 and but for a bad leg break the following season was shaping up into a pretty decent midfielder. Xhakash!t ain't fit to nick their luggage taking longer to achieve far less :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

arrgee wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:04 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
I think it is worth remembering that when Hillier and Selley broke into the team they were very good. Hillier helped Arsenal win the League in 1991 and Selley played in the Cup Winners Cup Winning team in 1994 and but for a bad leg break the following season was shaping up into a pretty decent midfielder. Xhakash!t ain't fit to nick their luggage taking longer to achieve far less :D

Fair enough, especially the luggage part :lol: .

Allow me to try this....Xhaka is enough to make someone go on about Stephen Morrow and John Jensen. :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:32 pm
arrgee wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Allow me to try this....Xhaka is enough to make someone go on about Stephen Morrow and John Jensen. :barscarf:
Morrow also in that Cup Winners Cup team and Jensen was a European Championship winner (though he did fcuk all at Arsenal like Xhakash!t). Xhakash!t ain’t fit to break Morrow’s arm :D

Xhakash!t is more akin to the likes of Jeff Blockley.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

arrgee wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:36 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Morrow also in that Cup Winners Cup team and Jensen was a European Championship winner (though he did fcuk all at Arsenal like Xhakash!t). Xhakash!t ain’t fit to break Morrow’s arm :D

Ahh, you're really raising the bar there.....even I would struggle to say that Xhaka makes me go on about Jeff Blockley....it's possible though, or almost.

You've given me Jeff Blockley...can I raise you John Hawley?? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:47 pm
arrgee wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:36 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Ahh, you're really raising the bar there.....even I would struggle to say that Xhaka makes me go on about Jeff Blockley....it's possible though, or almost.

You've given me Jeff Blockley...can I raise you John Hawley?? :lol:
Lads, Clive reminds me of Clive. The walking lobotomy is in a category of shitness all his own.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I said it the day he was appointed. This ends in disaster and sets the club back years

By that time we'd be the new Everton, overtaken by another 3 or 4 clubs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The cùnt is killing us. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This cùnt will split the fanbase again like Wenger did. Prepare for fisticuffs in the concourses.... if you can be fucked going. I won't be. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Back to where we were 3 years ago then. 5th place and with a squad needing overhauling

Back then we'd spent 40m and the manager had Wenger's squad plus 4 players

Now we've spent 160m this season alone and look like we need an even bigger clear out. He's had 2 and a half years

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:55 pm
The cùnt is killing us. :censored:
Mate, this club is rotten to the core. Arteta is essentially the “assisted suicide” of football.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 pm
This cùnt will split the fanbase again like Wenger did. Prepare for fisticuffs in the concourses.... if you can be fucked going. I won't be. :censored:
It's actually worse than that DB, with this new age fan they think blindly following is supporting the club and won't accept even mild criticism against the manager or players. There will be Arteta chants on Sunday, that sums it up. In the Wenger days every season more people accepted the need for change. The new fan will back the *word censored* no matter what.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Surely no one will be chanting for Arteta now??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arteta interview tonight “we had nothing in the game” :lol:

The guy has not got a clue
He has no answers
We honestly have the worst manager in the Premier League - and the owners decided to give him another 3 years :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 pm
I said it the day he was appointed. This ends in disaster and sets the club back years

By that time we'd be the new Everton, overtaken by another 3 or 4 clubs
We are the new Everton, they are even more shit now so we've replaced them in midtable lol.

Our fanbase is on the whole accepting of it now as they've had expectations dumbed down to Everton level thanks to how poorly the club has been run for a decade.

Why anyone is surprised given KSE's track record is beyond me?.

Ranting and raving about the manager is lunacy just as it was on here 5 years ago, the manager is just a symptom of the terminal disease!.

Ugh I can't even be bothered to go into Arteta's shortfalls, it is beside the point, he shouldn't be anywhere near a top club, although one could argue we are not a top club, not even the next level down infact.

Our fans just accept it though so there you go.. we'll hear excuses about our young squad etc. We are shit because we have shit owners and everything else follows.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Seven away games when we've gone behind

Seven defeats

Not a single goal scored

Has there ever been an Arsenal team so gutless and leaderless