Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 am
A team getting 90 plus points is flawless. Were the invincibles not flawless?
No and No!!

You need to look up the definition of flawless bud. It means perfect, no errors. Flawless is winning every single game. If you win 37 games and drew 1, it's an amazing season but not flawless! :roll: :banghead:
FFS stop being so literal.
To quote: "truth hurts does it? Oh dear". :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

You should probably let it go at this point mate. You've been made to look a right plonker repeatedly on here. :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Lol, rent free in your head.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 pm
Rent free in my head? Mate you could hold a small municipality in yours! :lol: :lol:

Just read back through some of your posts on here. You were a dyed in the wool AKB before flip flopping and calling ST holders "mugs". You perpetuated the horseshit myth that Wenger was hamstrung financially from 2006-2012 when he was pissing millions away on improved contracts for utter shit whilst pocketing 7 million and later 8 million a year. You wanted us to keep Bellerin when it was plain to see he was garbage. At one point you wanted Koeman as Arsenal manager! You were defending Sanogo long after the rest of us knew he was utter dogshit. And possibly worst of all you equated Suarez's racism to him being a "character" ffs. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Get a grip and move on before you end up with a small city taking up residence in your echo chamber of a bonce. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:40 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Rent free in my head? Mate you could hold a small municipality in yours! :lol: :lol:

Just read back through some of your posts on here. You were a dyed in the wool AKB before flip flopping and calling ST holders "mugs". You perpetuated the horseshit myth that Wenger was hamstrung financially from 2006-2012 when he was pissing millions away on improved contracts for utter shit whilst pocketing 7 million and later 8 million a year. You wanted us to keep Bellerin when it was plain to see he was garbage. At one point you wanted Koeman as Arsenal manager! You were defending Sanogo long after the rest of us knew he was utter dogshit. And possibly worst of all you equated Suarez's racism to him being a "character" ffs. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Get a grip and move on before you end up with a small city taking up residence in your echo chamber of a bonce. :lol:

Slow day in work eh ? :rubchin: Joys of being a civil servant (lazy c.unt :wink: )

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Five to Three is the number of brain cells he started this thread with and those he finished it with. :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

We suffered in the last 8 games because Arteta refuses to rotate and was always going to come back to bite him . I said as much to my mates earlier this year , I never felt we would win it but you can't just play the same 11 every game especially Saka who has hardly had a break and will probably be playing internationals again in three weeks time.
He hasn't learnt from last year when rotation or lack of cost us, pkaying his favourites and not utilising his January signings. This lack of trust in his squad also runs into his in game management and is slow to change when things aren't going to plan.

Our squad isnt City's but there are decent players on the bench to rotate and keep things fresh against the poorer teams including players he's signed .

If he doesnt change this trait next tear he'll get found out very quickly next year.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Lol look at the sad man going through posts from almost a decade ago :coffeespit:

Not a myth at all that Wenger was hamstrung. You can see that from the net spend numbers from that time. We didn't have large transfer budgets, in fact we didn't have that at all.

Easy to hindsight on these things but Bellerin was great pre-injury. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find lots of shitty opinions of yours aside from your Xhaka one.

Now, get back to your hand and pot noodle, there's a good boy :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Five to Three is the number of brain cells he started this thread with and those he finished it with. :lol:
Be three more than you, ya div.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

:fishing: :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:53 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

:fishing: :lol:
:yawn:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:47 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Lol look at the sad man going through posts from almost a decade ago :coffeespit:

Not a myth at all that Wenger was hamstrung. You can see that from the net spend numbers from that time. We didn't have large transfer budgets, in fact we didn't have that at all.

Easy to hindsight on these things but Bellerin was great pre-injury. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find lots of shitty opinions of yours aside from your Xhaka one.

Now, get back to your hand and pot noodle, there's a good boy :lol:
Ooh I've touched a nerve there huh princess. :lol:

Lol look at the sad man trying to justify idiotic posts.... :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I searched for "idiotic horseshit" on the members search and all of fivetothree's posts popped up! :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

You know you spent hours looking at posts, you are clearly a fan :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Don't flatter yourself princess. :lol: It literally took seconds. Of course reading all of the idiotic horseshit you've posted would have taken days so I just read the first five or six posts. :lol:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:32 am
fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Don't flatter yourself princess. :lol: It literally took seconds. Of course reading all of the idiotic horseshit you've posted would have taken days so I just read the first five or six posts. :lol:
Keep telling yourself that. Clearly have too much time on your hands, and from a mod no less :lol: