Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Personally I think our transfer business might (calm fucking down I said "might") be done this way:

Martinez-Lite, as the manager, goes to Edutard, as the WhateverTheFuckHe'sSupposedToBe, and says, for example, "I need a right back that can attack". Edutard then makes enquiries (ie asks Kia Jabberwocky who he can flog to Arsenal) and signs a right back (or whatever) for Martinez-Lite. I think many of our signings might be done that way.

On other occasions Martinez-Lite might go to Edutard and say "I want that Alvin Bippityboppity from Juve". Edutard will then express disappointment that Bippityboppity is not on Jabberwocky's books but to avert suspicion he will sign the player.

:o

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Personally I think our transfer business might (calm fucking down I said "might") be done this way:

Martinez-Lite, as the manager, goes to Edutard, as the WhateverTheFuckHe'sSupposedToBe, and says, for example, "I need a right back that can attack". Edutard then makes enquiries (ie asks Kia Jabberwocky who he can flog to Arsenal) and signs a right back (or whatever) for Martinez-Lite. I think many of our signings might be done that way.

On other occasions Martinez-Lite might go to Edutard and say "I want that Alvin Bippityboppity from Juve". Edutard will then express disappointment that Bippityboppity is not on Jabberwocky's books but to avert suspicion he will sign the player.

:lol:
Bippityboppity :lol:

Reminds me of Bill and Ben which also reminds me of

Bill turns round to Ben while they're in bed and says "flobidob flibalib fobadib"

Ben replies "if you loved me you'd swallow that!"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Bill turns round to Ben while they're in bed and says "flobidob flibalib fobadib"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maaan I loved the Flower Pot Men...

and don't forget WEED! ! Maaaaaan !

For those who don't know what the fuckk I'm on about

This was ESSENTIAL VIEWING for a 5yr old Gooner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIhWD8kWwM

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:50 pm

It's funny that when we have a bad transfer window or sign shit players it is all on edu, but when we have a good transfer window and sign good players, all credit goes to pep's water boy :rubchin:
Personally I dont know where I stand on the transfer credit/blame issue - I absolutely point the finger of blame on arteta for signing odeargod cos I stand by my belief that he was forced into playing smith-rowe in the first place, but I am unsure on who signed tiramisu and ramsdale.

My issue (as it was in latter wenger days) is more about his inability to get the maximum out of the players he has - yes we all know that he cant compete in the transfer market with the likes of citeeh, but fcuk me he has enough good players to beat the likes of brighton, brentford and palace :roll: :evil:

Since the weekend I am finally acknowledging that conte wont be joining us anytime soon, and is more than likely going to the red manc scum. People say that we cant afford (transfer budget) conte, or wont give him enough power, but we should be kicking the tyres on the possibility of getting him before he does go up there
I would include Edu here as he doesn't have a thread of his own and I am too lazy to look. I forgot about Odegaard too. Jury is still out, but he hasn't really been great.

augie

Post by augie »

And the bullshit just keeps on coming -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... l-edu-psg/

Asked if HE had been in touch with saliba, arteta responds yes we as a club have - in other words no I HAVENT :roll:

I should also point out that saliba has just made the 20 man shortlist for 2021 Golden Boy Award (best young player in europe) - this is a kid that lego head wouldnt even give a league cup game to, and truth be told peps cone boy doesnt want him anywhere near his team :censored: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -boy-saka/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Asked if HE had been in touch with saliba, arteta responds yes we as a club have - in other words no I HAVENT :roll:

I should also point out that saliba has just made the 20 man shortlist for 2021 Golden Boy Award (best young player in europe) - this is a kid that lego head wouldnt even give a league cup game to, and truth be told peps cone boy doesnt want him anywhere near his team :censored: :censored:

Dude, you are obsessed with Saliba. Walk it off, man. :lol: :wink:

"Golden Boy Award" sounds like something dodgy involving Jim'll Saville, a bunch of teens, and a cough cough late night hotel bar in Brighton. :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:58 pm
augie wrote:

"Golden Boy Award" sounds like something dodgy involving Jim'll Saville, a bunch of teens, and a cough cough late night hotel bar in Brighton. :shock:
Or as BD10 refers to it, his coming of age :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Or as BD10 refers to it, his coming of age :wink:
:shock:

Good days indeed. You haven't lived until you've been chased naked from a hotel by a fully engorged Jim'll with his cock swinging like a sword out front of him. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Just a bit I admit - the thing that has made me partially obsessed is that this useless cock in charge never gave saliba a chance and bombed him out. A guy that had zero managerial experience has been allowed exclude a kid that seems to be highly rated by a lot of football people. He was turfed out as pep's cone boy chose to keep and register mustafi despite the fact that he was not going to be fit until 3 months into the season. We were a team with massive weaknesses in the heart of our defence for a number of years, and yet this c.unt never even gave the kid a chance - what's the worst that could happen ? He could fail just like mustafi, luiz, holding etc had been failing for years before him :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal's Spanish boss ​​​​​Mikel Arteta - a former Barcelona youth player - has ruled himself out of contention for the vacant Barcelona manager's job.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:02 am
Arsenal's Spanish boss ​​​​​Mikel Arteta - a former Barcelona youth player - has ruled himself out of contention for the vacant Barcelona manager's job.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That's cunty of him. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Just a bit I admit - the thing that has made me partially obsessed is that this useless cock in charge never gave saliba a chance and bombed him out. A guy that had zero managerial experience has been allowed exclude a kid that seems to be highly rated by a lot of football people. He was turfed out as pep's cone boy chose to keep and register mustafi despite the fact that he was not going to be fit until 3 months into the season. We were a team with massive weaknesses in the heart of our defence for a number of years, and yet this c.unt never even gave the kid a chance - what's the worst that could happen ? He could fail just like mustafi, luiz, holding etc had been failing for years before him :roll:
Its a strange one. You'd love to know what went on there though wouldn't you? Who's the kid's agent? Did Edutard not get the requisite "extra" payment? Is Martinez-Lite just that stupid? All of the above?

I agree fully it makes no sense to not at least give him a run especially when we had Sideshow Chav and Mustafalaugh in the squad full time.... :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'd love to know the exact details of Salibas contract, it seems obvious that Arteta doesnt want him there but if that is the case then why not offload him, a CB who is arguably the hottest young property in Europe currently, i cant believe not one team has enquired after him.

As for Arteta, I'm not sure how but we seem to be in a grain of form but that in no way changes my opinion, there are still far too many questions and inconsistencies in his Management for my confidence in his ability to increase yet :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:33 am
I'd love to know the exact details of Salibas contract, it seems obvious that Arteta doesnt want him there but if that is the case then why not offload him, a CB who is arguably the hottest young property in Europe currently, i cant believe not one team has enquired after him.

As for Arteta, I'm not sure how but we seem to be in a grain of form but that in no way changes my opinion, there are still far too many questions and inconsistencies in his Management for my confidence in his ability to increase yet :rubchin:
I put it down to two things:

No Clive. This is the key for me. Instead of trying to just hold possession in a negative way we are now starting to dominate the midfield in long spells of games. Not perfect by a long way but much improved and much less unforced errors without Calamity Clive in there.

And second I think Ramsdale has added some confidence to the centre halves. Also far less handling errors that bounce the ball into the feet of oncoming oppo attackers from The Ram when compared to Butter Wrists.