Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

Redarmy

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Redarmy »

arteta talking about that piece of shit xhaka......

“This week he has progressed again to a different level, and tomorrow we will assess how he is, have a conversation with him and decide when is the best moment to start to give him some exposure in games.”

Arteta went on to admit that we need him, and was asked if it would give the team aboost to have himback. “Yes, it will be and we miss him, he is one of our leaders, one of the senior players who adds something very valuable to the team and hopefully we can have him back soon.”

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:56 pm

“This week he has progressed again to a different level, and tomorrow we will assess how he is, have a conversation with him and decide when is the best moment to start to give him some exposure in games.”

Arteta went on to admit that we need him, and was asked if it would give the team aboost to have himback. “Yes, it will be and we miss him, he is one of our leaders, one of the senior players who adds something very valuable to the team and hopefully we can have him back soon.”
Jesus.... it's no surprise but Martinez-Lite is a complete moron. He really thinks Clive is a leader ffs.... a bit of pointing and bullshitting negates every stupid error you make and makes you a leader apparently.... you couldn't make it up. :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

What the fuck is this weird voodoo that Xhaka practices over Managers, Pundits and certain braindead fans :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 pm
What the fuck is this weird voodoo that Xhaka practices over Managers, Pundits and certain braindead fans :banghead: :banghead:
I heard from rodderz that Clive will point a finger right up your arse whilst noshing you off. Must be that. Must be. :idea:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:30 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 pm
I heard from rodderz that Clive will point a finger right up your arse whilst noshing you off. Must be that. Must be. :idea:
I'm guessing that was first hand from the horses mouth so to speak :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:56 pm

I just cannot Comprehend what the likes of TOF, Emery and FartyPants ( :mrgreen: ) see in the useless, slow, turgid, back-passing, finger-pointing< smirking CUNNTT!???

Can someone please explain?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Can someone please explain?

No !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thought not :? :cry:

Ho Hum!. :cry:

This should get the PC Name Police going :mrgreen:

Pseudonyms for Mikel Arteta (so far):

Martinez-lite
Peps Cone Boy
Captain Black
Farteta
Farty Pants

Am I missing any??? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The league table at Christmas when you've played everyone usually doesn't lie too much, and much as Highbury JD's twin brother would have us believe we should all be salivating at finishing 5th (albeit strangely enough it was considered failure under the previous guy), I always maintained that we should wait and see where we were after this run of games. The unbeaten run that was much lauded in certain quarters saw the least convincing victories ever against Norwich, Burnley and Watford, and two highly fortunate draws against Brighton and Palace. Nuno's Spurs were shite and we took advantage whilst Villa were in the slump that ultimately saw Smith get the boot. The win at Leicester was the one stand out result for me and the team deserved credit for that, albeit were indebted to Ramsdale for the second half siege.

People said Emery's 22 game run contained some lucky wins and draws and there's no doubt any team needs some luck, so I'm not knocking a lucky general. I'm just saying that if you look at that run of games - home games against Norwich, Watford, Villa, Scum (who have won twice in 29 attempts at our gaff) and Palace - plus aways against Burnley and Brighton its hardly that impressive. As soon as we played a Grade A team we got our arses handed to us, and even United's worst side for 30 odd years had enough to see us off.

If we finish 5th I'll tip my hat to the Arteta fans as I think it will be a half decent achievement (albeit we did it a couple of years ago with Wenger's has beens and having spent only 40m) so not earth shattering

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Martinez-lite
Peps Cone Boy
Captain Black
Farteta
Farty Pants

Useless inept c.unt

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:49 pm
The league table at Christmas when you've played everyone usually doesn't lie too much, and much as Highbury JD's twin brother would have us believe we should all be salivating at finishing 5th (albeit strangely enough it was considered failure under the previous guy), I always maintained that we should wait and see where we were after this run of games. The unbeaten run that was much lauded in certain quarters saw the least convincing victories ever against Norwich, Burnley and Watford, and two highly fortunate draws against Brighton and Palace. Nuno's Spurs were shite and we took advantage whilst Villa were in the slump that ultimately saw Smith get the boot. The win at Leicester was the one stand out result for me and the team deserved credit for that, albeit were indebted to Ramsdale for the second half siege.

People said Emery's 22 game run contained some lucky wins and draws and there's no doubt any team needs some luck, so I'm not knocking a lucky general. I'm just saying that if you look at that run of games - home games against Norwich, Watford, Villa, Scum (who have won twice in 29 attempts at our gaff) and Palace - plus aways against Burnley and Brighton its hardly that impressive. As soon as we played a Grade A team we got our arses handed to us, and even United's worst side for 30 odd years had enough to see us off.

If we finish 5th I'll tip my hat to the Arteta fans as I think it will be a half decent achievement (albeit we did it a couple of years ago with Wenger's has beens and having spent only 40m) so not earth shattering
There is no way that the way that this team is playing will result in a 5th place finish. The sooner that this fraud goes, the better I will feel about things.

When Arteta first came here, he adapted his play to the players that he had and gave me some hope. Since that time, he has just sh*t the bed and is wedded to this formation of zero penetration and passing it backwards to White and Gabriel. I have no doubt that they are instructed to do this. Earlier in the Everton match (about 5 minutes in), Martinelli had it on the wing in his own half and could have gone forward, but you could see a lightbulb go in his head and he passed it backwards.

I really can't stand this overcoached, overly conservative football. I am not angry, just resigned to watching this pathetic football.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arteta is basically the Head Boy that came back to teach in the same school. Loved by the other teachers but all the pupils think he’s an easy touch. A total fucking pushover coaching by numbers and with any tips he’s picked up from other coaches he’s ever worked with. A total fucking charlatan.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We're stuck with him until the end of the season; there is no doubt about that. If we finish in the top six or manage to win a trophy, he'll stay and be given a go at the Europa League again. If not, he has to fucking go. Nothing has changed in a year, nothing will change in another year unless a change is made this summer. We've been sleep walking for too long, hoping something somehow works out. It won't. We were a perfect project for a decent manager about eight years ago and every year since, we've just slipped further and further behind. We're not going to attract anyone decent, we've got years of shit managers ahead of us, each hoping to somehow get a stroke of luck which leads them to finish 4th. It's a mess and we'll continue to exist in a void somehere between OK and horrendous for the next however fucking long.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Thought not :? :cry:

Ho Hum!. :cry:

This should get the PC Name Police going :mrgreen:

Martinez-lite
Peps Cone Boy
Captain Black
Farteta
Farty Pants

Bargain Bin Cesc

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:32 pm
We're stuck with him until the end of the season; there is no doubt about that. If we finish in the top six or manage to win a trophy, he'll stay and be given a go at the Europa League again. If not, he has to fucking go. Nothing has changed in a year, nothing will change in another year unless a change is made this summer. We've been sleep walking for too long, hoping something somehow works out. It won't. We were a perfect project for a decent manager about eight years ago and every year since, we've just slipped further and further behind. We're not going to attract anyone decent, we've got years of shit managers ahead of us, each hoping to somehow get a stroke of luck which leads them to finish 4th. It's a mess and we'll continue to exist in a void somehere between OK and horrendous for the next however fucking long.

I'm afraid that pretty much sums it up.