Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

OneBardGooner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by OneBardGooner »

So! Remember how the voting went!?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service? 8 votes. 9%

Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel? 23. votes. 25%

Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor? 19. votes. 21%

Be an utter fucking disaster? 42. votes. 46%

:rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Well that's a first SSN ran with news from Arteta's press conference ahead of klopp's .,..things are changing... perhaps

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:56 am

Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel? 23. votes. 25%

Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor? 19. votes. 21%

Some people have the making of a sky sports pundit :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Oi! Ya cheeky cun.t! :box:

:wink: :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was more reffering to the fact that 46% thought he’d be shit, but if the cap fits….. :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was more reffering to the fact that 46% thought he’d be shit, but if the cap fits….. :box:

Ohhh! I see... sorry mate, you usually take th eP! :wink: :) :cheekkiss:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It didn't get mentioned much but Geoff Shroeves asking Arteta if he needs to improve his behaviour was one of the cùntiest things I've seen Sky do in a long time. Funny enough the fat headed prick never questioned Klopp or Pep about the numerous shit they've done.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Yep. Screaming "fùck off" in the face of a Lino isn't deemed wrong but holding up 4 fingers and saying "four times" is worthy of a yellow card and a question in the post match interview.

Tossers the lot of them. :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:00 pm
It didn't get mentioned much but Geoff Shroeves asking Arteta if he needs to improve his behaviour was one of the cùntiest things I've seen Sky do in a long time. Funny enough the fat headed prick never questioned Klopp or Pep about the numerous shit they've done.
Oh but they are "passionate" and full of "character" don't you know? :roll:

Shreeves has always been a fat arsehole. :censored:
Always will be. Would be fucking sweet to ram a PL title down the throats of him and most of his cunty SlySports wànker colleagues. :box:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

If we win it they will be all over him and hailing him as the second coming .

Hypocritical bastards.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Its incredible how well he is doing. The results are the product of the past two seasons transfer windows, the change in culture removing ego's and wage collectors, and bearing the fruits of the seeds planted with Saka, Martinelli, ESR, and even Nketiah.

Thats the best thing about our current position, it was planned, it hasn't just happened randomly like was the case with Leicester City. You just know Arteta can keep it going because he planned this to begin with. It no accident.

Arteta knows what he is doing and our rivals are rattled. Even Pep looks a bit shell shocked, when he was asked if he regretted selling Jesus and Zinchenko to us, he started staring daggers at the journalist who asked it.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am
Its incredible how well he is doing. The results are the product of the past two seasons transfer windows, the change in culture removing ego's and wage collectors, and bearing the fruits of the seeds planted with Saka, Martinelli, ESR, and even Nketiah.

Thats the best thing about our current position, it was planned, it hasn't just happened randomly like was the case with Leicester City. You just know Arteta can keep it going because he planned this to begin with. It no accident.

Arteta knows what he is doing and our rivals are rattled. Even Pep looks a bit shell shocked, when he was asked if he regretted selling Jesus and Zinchenko to us, he started staring daggers at the journalist who asked it.
Very succinctly put, having given Arteta the benefit of the doubt I am pleased Arsenal didn't pull the trigger on him two years ago. We have one of the best young managers in World football right now. There is no doubt about that.

He now has pretty much his own side, and he's showing that tactics wise he is up there with the best. Of all the players to come in for me Zinchenko is taking our team up to the next level. When I saw him play for Ukraine against Scotland last year, I knew he was totally underrated. What the fuck were City doing selling him to us for that price, its almost as crucial Zinny staying fit for the rest of the season as Jesus coming back.

Although you could say with the way Eddie is playing right now, Jesus is going to have to fight to get his place back. I am so glad we didn't go knee jerk and try to get a striker in January that would have been a kick in the teeth for Eddie and potentially rock squad harmony as well.

Mudryk must have looked at our game on Sunday, and deep down know he joined the wrong club.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I happily admit I thought zinchenko was shit from seeing sporadic games for city and that I was very wrong.

I still think he's vulnerable defensively and leaves us exposed at times and good teams will exploit that, but that's also the system we are playing. But his influence and impact upfield is outstanding. I'd like to see him in CM in place of xhaka but that would undermine the inverted full back role I guess and the overloads we get from that.

Wonder if he could do the partey role should the unthinkable happen to partey as we don't seem to be signing cover this window.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:38 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am

Very succinctly put, having given Arteta the benefit of the doubt I am pleased Arsenal didn't pull the trigger on him two years ago. We have one of the best young managers in World football right now. There is no doubt about that.

He now has pretty much his own side, and he's showing that tactics wise he is up there with the best. Of all the players to come in for me Zinchenko is taking our team up to the next level. When I saw him play for Ukraine against Scotland last year, I knew he was totally underrated. What the fuck were City doing selling him to us for that price, its almost as crucial Zinny staying fit for the rest of the season as Jesus coming back.

Although you could say with the way Eddie is playing right now, Jesus is going to have to fight to get his place back. I am so glad we didn't go knee jerk and try to get a striker in January that would have been a kick in the teeth for Eddie and potentially rock squad harmony as well.

Mudryk must have looked at our game on Sunday, and deep down know he joined the wrong club.
In all honesty mate I don't think he had to look too deeply.... :? Which is a shame as he could have worked wonders for us and we for him. :?

Chavscum seem to be trying to sign every player we are in for.... Let's hope their owner gets done for something very BAD and Very Serious so he has to either do porridge or off himself.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Link to his first press conference ( is a facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=56492 ... 5E-Fn673rH

Obviously he saying all the right things, but he has put his words into practise …..if you are not on board the Mikel process Express then tata, as this club will no longer accept freeloaders, those who perform once every 5 games, these just here to collect a decent wage at the end of their career.