Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

TeeCee

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by TeeCee »

First and foremost, the answer is still very much ´failure’

We are better than we were a year ago….but come on, that’s not difficult is it !! Shipping out the deadwood was obvious to a million Gooners but not to some Arsenal employees! :banghead:
There is Still no in-game management or plan, if we don’t score first we are fairly fucked. Whilst the defence look reasonably solid on the whole, central midfield remains a disaster area and up front we carry as much danger and penetration as a Eunuch with micropenis. We’re still 3 top quality players away from having a good first team but there’s still a lot of average joes in the 1st team squad!!
6th place at best this year for us, could well be lower.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am
First and foremost, the answer is still very much ´failure’

We are better than we were a year ago….but come on, that’s not difficult is it !! Shipping out the deadwood was obvious to a million Gooners but not to some Arsenal employees! :banghead:
There is Still no in-game management or plan, if we don’t score first we are fairly fucked. Whilst the defence look reasonably solid on the whole, central midfield remains a disaster area and up front we carry as much danger and penetration as a Eunuch with micropenis. We’re still 3 top quality players away from having a good first team but there’s still a lot of average joes in the 1st team squad!!
6th place at best this year for us, could well be lower.
That reminds me, how is DB :rubchin: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

They’re still pumping spunk out of him I heard, they’ve had to call in the guys who clear the London sewers he’s so clogged!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:28 pm
I’ve been thinking about our current position for what seems like hours this week. It’s depressed me to be honest. How we went from a team of invincibles to the current shit show is a scandal. It’s been said before but Wenger’s fiddling with a fucking great team in order to attempt a vanity project youth could well have cost us winning the title again in our lifetime. He was basically 8 nil up and then decided to take half of the team off and put on the under 16s. In the interim City, Chelsea and now Newcastle have won the lottery and will never be caught. Liverpool and United are huge clubs that we were already behind in terms of fan base. I don’t see us competing with either.

Basically we are fucked and whatever it is Arteta is trying will not work. We are also rans. We fucked our chance to establish a dynasty when Wenger lost his marbles. Kroenke has reinforced it. We may win the odd cup. That is your lot. We are done winning league titles in our lifetimes.
Hang on, you do realise Arsenal are the third most successful club in English football history. We were the pioneers of how a great football club operated. Both Liverpool and Man Utd copied the Arsenal blueprint. We'll rise to the top again.
Wenger failed to establish a dynasty by not winning the Champion League with the squad that won the third double and unbeaten league title. Categorically moving to the Emirates stadium cost us that dynasty. We're building up again and I hope we can achieve that status we deserve.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:07 pm
They’re still pumping spunk out of him I heard, they’ve had to call in the guys who clear the London sewers he’s so clogged!
I see you've ordered a bottle full for yourself... :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Well that's a nice report rehashing everything that we already knew.
His loan ends at the end of the season and depending on what happens to the other defenders that are either coming out of contract or wish to move it will be sorted then.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Either play him in a back 3 with White and Gabriel, or play him in a back 4, and move White into a DM role similar to the position Fabinho plays for Liverpool. White has played that position before and I think he could be the answer to our midfield problem. Similar to Petit who was brought to Arsenal as a good CB, but became an outstanding DM.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arteta has had talks with Wenger to bring him back to Arsenal and Arteta said he can’t say in what role yet!! He’s coming boys, even though he’ll be as welcome as Rolf Harris at a children’s picnic.
The end of Arsenal.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:29 am
Arteta has had talks with Wenger to bring him back to Arsenal and Arteta said he can’t say in what role yet!! He’s coming boys, even though he’ll be as welcome as Rolf Harris at a children’s picnic.
The end of Arsenal.
From the BBC:
"What I can say is that I would like him to be much closer, personally, to me because I think it would be a great help, I think it would be a great help for the club," he said.

"Things take time and I think he has to dictate those timings. What I can say is from my side and I can say, I think, on behalf of everybody, is that we would be delighted to have him much closer."

Wenger's still in charge...

John F

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:
The end of Arsenal.
I think Arteta is upset that we haven't signed a chav or Utd reject for 200G a week this summer and needs Wenger in to take charge of the transfer and contract negotiations so we don't miss out next summer. :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:44 am
TeeCee wrote:
Like Bard , they like it straight from the source DB :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If Wenger comes back, then that's me done with Arsenal !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm
TeeCee wrote:
The end of Arsenal.
From the BBC:
"What I can say is that I would like him to be much closer, personally, to me because I think it would be a great help, I think it would be a great help for the club," he said.

"Things take time and I think he has to dictate those timings. What I can say is from my side and I can say, I think, on behalf of everybody, is that we would be delighted to have him much closer."

Wenger's still in charge...
Is Arteta saying he hasn’t got a clue and needs a has been old fart to direct him ?
:banghead: :banghead:

What I can say, is out means out :barscarf:

Any £ left in the kitty for another banner or plane ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:44 am
TeeCee wrote:
Like Bard , they like it straight from the source DB :D
:lol: :lol:

Dirty. But yeah I can fill that order no probs. :shock: