Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

BFG4

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by BFG4 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 pm
Surely no one will be chanting for Arteta now??
There are people on Twitter who go home and away that even now will tell you to support someone else If you're negative towards the club. Those sort of people will definitely chant for Arteta.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 pm
I said it the day he was appointed. This ends in disaster and sets the club back years

By that time we'd be the new Everton, overtaken by another 3 or 4 clubs
We are the new Everton, they are even more shit now so we've replaced them in midtable lol.

Our fanbase is on the whole accepting of it now as they've had expectations dumbed down to Everton level thanks to how poorly the club has been run for a decade.

Why anyone is surprised given KSE's track record is beyond me?.

Ranting and raving about the manager is lunacy just as it was on here 5 years ago, the manager is just a symptom of the terminal disease!.

Ugh I can't even be bothered to go into Arteta's shortfalls, it is beside the point, he shouldn't be anywhere near a top club, although one could argue we are not a top club, not even the next level down infact.

Our fans just accept it though so there you go.. we'll hear excuses about our young squad etc. We are shit because we have shit owners and everything else follows.
Kroenke is a grade A uber c.unt of the highest order but let's make no mistake here - he's given fuckface a longer contract than he did either Wenger or Dick and backed him to the tune or 160m and 2 and a half years

A better manager could have made more of that 160m. We had William Saliba ready made for the first team and he farmed him out on loan and spunked 50m on the pretty boy tattooed one. We also had 9 centre halves at the start of last season.

He also spent 30m on Odegaard. Whilst it is deemed a bargain, the guy has been massively overexposed as captain and not a leader of men.

Ramsdale has had a season of two halves and although he's the new darling of the fans, was 24m on a keeper the main priority

Owner = undoubted c.unt
Manager = undoubted novice, making massive mistakes on the job at a supposed big club

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

At this point I don't see the point of knocking Arteta down, when he's probably at his lowest. The last two defeats will come with a heavy, heavy burden.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Kroenke is a grade A uber c.unt of the highest order but let's make no mistake here - he's given fuckface a longer contract than he did either Wenger or Dick and backed him to the tune or 160m and 2 and a half years

A better manager could have made more of that 160m. We had William Saliba ready made for the first team and he farmed him out on loan and spunked 50m on the pretty boy tattooed one. We also had 9 centre halves at the start of last season.

He also spent 30m on Odegaard. Whilst it is deemed a bargain, the guy has been massively overexposed as captain and not a leader of men.

Ramsdale has had a season of two halves and although he's the new darling of the fans, was 24m on a keeper the main priority

Owner = undoubted c.unt
Manager = undoubted novice, making massive mistakes on the job at a supposed big club
Isn't this just history repeating itself?, the silly cvnts backed Wenger to the hilt when he was past it and most, excluding the most delusional AKB, could see his time was up.

Now they are doing the same with a young manager rather than an old one!.

Once again I think this proves that any dumb crunt with money can make money in property ('real estate'), they are never going to make Arsenal a huge club or even hugely profitable, they are too stupid and combined with a lack of ambition we will fester in higher midtable exactly as a few of us predicted a decade or so back.

What is the point of following Arsenal with these clowns in charge?, its just a bad habit at this point!.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:04 am
At this point I don't see the point of knocking Arteta down, when he's probably at his lowest. The last two defeats will come with a heavy, heavy burden.
hes the manager....takes the praise, takes the credit......its obvious he cant motivate the players

brighton, southampton and now scum and newcastle...its not the defeat its the manner in which they rolled over

spineless team lacking any leadership....cedric, holding, nkeitah and the ridiculously shit xhaka should nerver be in an Arsenal jersey

The fawning over Odergaard???

what has he done to ESR?? cant see any evidence of his famed working with players to make them improve??

left the squad threadbare selling players like chambers who could have been a stop gap....hes obstinate pig headed even

but still hope his olive tree is ok

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

If we were genuinely a club with any ambition then we would have sacked Arteta at the end of this season EVEN if he had secured a top 4 finish- that’s how the big clubs do it. You need to be ruthless to succeed in the PL.

This is the lowest point I have ever known in 40 years of watching the club as there is just no hope that we will get better.
The ambition now is to compete to try and “win” a top 4 place so we can appear to look like a big club. Titles, trophies- forget that. So last century.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Now back to feeling how I did in the last few Wenger years

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

13th league defeat of the season - we have never lost more in any PL season ever.

= bumper new 3 year contract :banghead:
This club is dead

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:04 am
hes the manager....takes the praise, takes the credit......its obvious he cant motivate the players

brighton, southampton and now scum and newcastle...its not the defeat its the manner in which they rolled over

spineless team lacking any leadership....cedric, holding, nkeitah and the ridiculously shit xhaka should nerver be in an Arsenal jersey

The fawning over Odergaard???

what has he done to ESR?? cant see any evidence of his famed working with players to make them improve??

left the squad threadbare selling players like chambers who could have been a stop gap....hes obstinate pig headed even

but still hope his olive tree is ok
Exactly, RA. 8)

He also takes home £7million a year to compensate his feeling "at his lowest" ffs. :roll:

The guy is a novice. This modern idea of entitlement being more important than ability or experience is sickening. He is not fit to do the job in a result driven business. Fuck his feelings. :x

If any of us were that poor at our jobs over a prolonged period would we survive the chop? The fuck we would.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Tbf I'm at the "couldn't give a fuck" if the next managerial replacement was Mike Bassett.

Cricket season now, won't watch the last game, hardly saw any of last night's, at 1-0 with over ten minutes to go I switched it off,I've watched Arsenal enough times these last 10 years to know when we won't score.

Someone give me a nudge in 3 years time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:03 am
Tbf I'm at the "couldn't give a fuck" if the next managerial replacement was Mike Bassett.

Cricket season now, won't watch the last game, hardly saw any of last night's, at 1-0 with over ten minutes to go I switched it off,I've watched Arsenal enough times these last 10 years to know when we won't score.

Is he available? :shock:

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:09 am

I believe so though I doubt we could persuade him to take the job :| :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue May 17, 2022 9:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:09 am

I believe so though I doubt we could persuade him to take the job :| :wink:
:cry: :cry:

wibble

Post by wibble »

13 league defeats this season. Our joint most ever in the premier league . Not seen as many since, oh, last season!

Trust the process

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

To rebuild a football team with young players you need an experienced manager. Wenger, Ferguson and Klopp are great examples of how to do this. Appointing a coach with no management experience, along with talented but young players doesn't work, has never worked, and probably will never work at elite football level. Arteta is wrong appointment at the wrong time, especially when there were more experienced coaches available, we went cheap, we got what we paid for. If Wenger returned to support Arteta, we'd have boxed off top 4 finish 4 games ago.