Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

DB10GOONER

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

I find it so weird that so many Gooners seem OK with accepting second best, with accepting failure. And please don't fob me off with any old bollocks about "transitional phase" or we are "building a team for the future". Fuck that. We've been in transition and building a team for the future for nigh on FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS. Tell me, when does "the future" finally actually fucking arrive? :roll: :lol:

We are The Arsenal. We are not wet sham or fucking Burnley ffs.

We should expect our manager and players to be seriously challenging on all fronts, not out of everything by January and then blowing an easy walk in for the consolation prize of 4th place and CL money. :oops:

We should not have a novice manager learning his trade with us.

If we are to accept this downgrade in our club's ambition then the manager's and the players' wages and ticket prices should all reflect that. You can't charge gourmet restaurant prices and pay top wages if you are delivering chipper food. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
I find it so weird that so many Gooners seem OK with accepting second best, with accepting failure. And please don't fob me off with any old bollocks about "transitional phase" or we are "building a team for the future". Fuck that. We've been in transition and building a team for the future for nigh on FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS. Tell me, when does "the future" finally actually fucking arrive? :roll: :lol:

We should expect our manager and players to be seriously challenging on all fronts, not out of everything by January and then blowing an easy walk in for the consolation prize of 4th place and CL money. :oops:

If we are to accept this downgrade in our club's ambition then the manager's and the players' wages and ticket prices should all reflect that. You can't charge gourmet restaurant prices and pay top wages if you are delivering chipper food. :censored:
When we build one of these fuckers!!! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

When we build one of these fuckers!!! :D

:lol:

Martinez-Lite would get in a huff with it and sell it ffs. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

True! I trust Heiny the Dog from BTTF to run our team better! :?

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

It's the updated version of the old "be careful what you wish for" bollox that we had to listen to while the senile french c.unt was dragging us down season after season - we are supposed to accept shite performances and results cos there is a possibility that changes could mean worse performances and results :roll: The whole concept of changing because of a desire to do better is lost on a lot of these c.unts :evil: :censored: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's the updated version of the old "be careful what you wish for" bollox that we had to listen to while the senile french c.unt was dragging us down season after season - we are supposed to accept shite performances and results cos there is a possibility that changes could mean worse performances and results :roll: The whole concept of changing because of a desire to do better is lost on a lot of these c.unts :evil: :censored: :cussing:
Absolutely augie. Failing and being afraid of change because it might not succeed is crazy shit.

And no, appointing a novice manager is not acceptable "change". It's idiocy. :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well Arteta's new contract has settled my nerves, I have had sleepness nights worrying about man City coming in for him this summer.

I can sleep at last :wink: :lol:

wibble

Post by wibble »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:59 pm
Well Arteta's new contract has settled my nerves, I have had sleepness nights worrying about man City coming in for him this summer.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but nketiah’s new contract hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Perhaps some more sleepless nights after all :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol: :lol:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

He has to deliver this season. Finish 4th or win the Europea League. Could even get a stay of execution if he picks up another FA Cup.

But a trophyless season outside the top 4 and then he simply needs to go.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:35 am
He has to deliver this season. Finish 4th or win the Europea League. Could even get a stay of execution if he picks up another FA Cup.

But a trophyless season outside the top 4 and then he simply needs to go.
Much like was said last season then - in fact it was deemed to be essential to be top 4, seeing as we had no European games for the first time in 26 years

Forget it - we will be lower than 5th and miles off the CL places, whilst he has already proved he gets schooled in Europe by anyone half decent

John F

Post by John F »

wibble wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 pm

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but nketiah’s new contract hasn’t been confirmed yet.

They do like to build up the tension before a big signing, next will be rumours of Real Madrid wanting him.
How long will the novice tag be applied to Arteta? If I was in a job as long as he has been and was still not very good at it I would not be called a novice I would be Shite at my Job.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:42 am
wibble wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 pm

They do like to build up the tension before a big signing, next will be rumours of Real Madrid wanting him.
How long will the novice tag be applied to Arteta? If I was in a job as long as he has been and was still not very good at it I would not be called a novice I would be Shite at my Job.
Adding the fact biggest european spenders and no european football, and the surrender to brighton, palace and a poor saints side should not be classed as a satisfactory season
lets see how he looks to strengthen the side....that will be vital to step up

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

A chance to get CL football with no cup or European distractions (albeit would have been undeserved with an unacceptable 13 defeats), and the team under his watch bottled it from April onwards.

Not only the frustrating thing but he allowed those lot up the road to capitalise on it. They badly needed CL football for their new stadium, to keep Cunte happy and to not interfere with any potential transfers, plus their scummy fans are now lording it over us.

This was our statement for any future progression, and with Arteta in charge he failed horribly

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 am
The biggest bottlejob end to a season ever. Guy is an utter c.unt and thanks to him the interest I regained after Wenger knocked it out of me has been lost once more

Another season of nothing awaits playing beige football with a bunch of leaderless kids who wilt the minute the pressure is on
Sorry but can't agree the biggest bottle job was Emery's first season when we third, with four games to go and finished 5th, then got embarrassed in the only Europa/Uefa cup final he's ever lost. That was a collapse we still haven't properly recovered from