Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:32 am
fivetothree wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:16 pm
You know you spent hours looking at posts, you are clearly a fan :lol:
Don't flatter yourself princess. :lol: It literally took seconds. Of course reading all of the idiotic horseshit you've posted would have taken days so I just read the first five or six posts. :lol:
Keep telling yourself that. Clearly have too much time on your hands, and from a mod no less :lol:
:lol:

Oh dear. You dont know when to quit. You've literally come on here and gotten yourself into childish spats with everyone in sight and been made to look a fool by everyone. You remind me of those moron football fans that would get into slagging sessions in primary school and then start crying when the manure or mouser fans said something insulting about their club. Ooh, similar to how you got quite upset at your gormless hero Xhaka getting slated for the complete cretin he is! :oops: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 pm
:coffeespit:
Quality. :lol: 8)

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 pm
At least try and find something original. :roll:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:21 pm
fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
Don't flatter yourself princess. :lol: It literally took seconds. Of course reading all of the idiotic horseshit you've posted would have taken days so I just read the first five or six posts. :lol:
Keep telling yourself that. Clearly have too much time on your hands, and from a mod no less :lol:

Oh dear. You dont know when to quit. You've literally come on here and gotten yourself into childish spats with everyone in sight and been made to look a fool by everyone. You remind me of those moron football fans that would get into slagging sessions in primary school and then start crying when the manure or mouser fans said something insulting about their club. Ooh, similar to how you got quite upset at your gormless hero Xhaka getting slated for the complete cretin he is! :oops: :lol: :lol:
Not upset at all mate. I'm amused at the amount of effort a supposed mod makes to someone on this forum replying to every post, going back a decade etc. It is actually pretty sad, I feel sorry for you. :)

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

fivetothree wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Not upset at all mate. I'm amused at the amount of effort a supposed mod makes to someone on this forum replying to every post, going back a decade etc. It is actually pretty sad, I feel sorry for you. :)
“I feel sorry for you. :)

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Not even a different one, come on make some effort :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed May 24, 2023 4:46 pm
fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

“I feel sorry for you. :)

:lol: :lol:

Owned him again! 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
fivetothree wrote:

Oh I think we both know you are. :lol:

You are like one of those village idiot / town clown local drunks that keeps getting beat down and comes back for more. :lol:

"Supposed mod"? :lol: I think you'll find I'm a mod alright if you keep WUMing on here and I have to ban you. Now either grow up and post something useful on the forum or do everyone a favour and move on. There is a rule about WUMing and all you've done so far is WUM. Like a teenager. :oops:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

I know you really really want to believe that, but it isn't the case. Sorry to burst your bubble love :lol:

I say 'supposed' mod as from what I have seen of you (and I'm not sad enough to research years of your posts) you aren't a mod at all, but a silly little child with a glass jaw who can't compute someone disagreeing with them.

Fact is this stated when I disagreed on Xhaka and because you couldn't deal with it, you tried to make it personal and the threaten to ban me when you didnt get the reaction you wanted.

I havent been WUMing at all, I stand by what I have said and will be happy to debate those with anyone.

Now, wipe your spittle off your chin, go for a walk and let's get back to discussing Arsenal 😄

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Tick tock tick tock .......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

fivetothree wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:31 pm
I know you really really want to believe that, but it isn't the case. Sorry to burst your bubble love :lol:

I say 'supposed' mod as from what I have seen of you (and I'm not sad enough to research years of your posts) you aren't a mod at all, but a silly little child with a glass jaw who can't compute someone disagreeing with them.

Fact is this stated when I disagreed on Xhaka and because you couldn't deal with it, you tried to make it personal and the threaten to ban me when you didnt get the reaction you wanted.

I havent been WUMing at all, I stand by what I have said and will be happy to debate those with anyone.

Now, wipe your spittle off your chin, go for a walk and let's get back to discussing Arsenal 😄

Exactly like a teenager that cannot admit they have done wrong and just lashes out and tries to deflect blame. You might want to check your facts before you post. You were the one that made it personal on the xhaka thread when you came on and called anyone that did not agree with you "loons".

I mod this place with a fair and level hand and never rush to judgement but I've actually now had a good read through alot of your posts as part of my modding here and almost every time you've come on here you've posted to provoke a negative reaction or insulted other posters. Your posts are a constant deluge of snide insults. That, my little friend, is WUMing.

So you are on your final warning. We do not need you here. From the private message's I'm getting most of the regulars do not want you here. So you either obey the rules or you go.

There is another rule here that I only ever enforce as a last resort. And that rule is about abusive posts aimed at mods. You keep up the stupid insults and I won't hesitate to ban you. I'm not sure how many warnings you need.

Get a grip. Move on with your life.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 am
fivetothree wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:31 pm

Exactly like a teenager that cannot admit they have done wrong and just lashes out and tries to deflect blame. You might want to check your facts before you post. You were the one that made it personal on the xhaka thread when you came on and called anyone that did not agree with you "loons".

I mod this place with a fair and level hand and never rush to judgement but I've actually now had a good read through alot of your posts as part of my modding here and almost every time you've come on here you've posted to provoke a negative reaction or insulted other posters. Your posts are a constant deluge of snide insults. That, my little friend, is WUMing.

So you are on your final warning. We do not need you here. From the private message's I'm getting most of the regulars do not want you here. So you either obey the rules or you go.

There is another rule here that I only ever enforce as a last resort. And that rule is about abusive posts aimed at mods. You keep up the stupid insults and I won't hesitate to ban you. I'm not sure how many warnings you need.

Get a grip. Move on with your life.
ONE DB10.....THERE'S ONLY ONE DB10

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I don't know how to create a poll :oops: :lol: so now the season has finished who wants what of the following options unless someone can do it for me :lol:

I just want to see where everyone's at now the dust has settled, I only know of one so far who wants him gone, think it was Steve?

Personally although disappointing I never thought we'd hold City off and have taken some big steps forward. But the bar needs to be higher now , we need a squad to compete on all fronts and need to push for the cups and get a trophy on board. This will be out biggest summer for years and the noises from Edu and Arteta are the ones I want to hear , next level , celebrated 4th in the past but disappointed with second this year etc. Lets hope we see it in practice and Arteta learns to rotate and trust his squad players.

1. Give him the last two years of his 5 year project
2. One more year to see if we push on
3. Sack him now
Last edited by gooner265 on Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I'm on record as saying Unai Emery was sacked too early & Arteta could well have been sacked during the covid era when Arsenal's form totally collapsed. From what I remember Artetas bad run of 10 games or so was even worse than Emery's.

A full stadium instead of a few thousand would possible have made the difference. Emery had to face the crowd discontent after the home defeat by Frankfurt, even though he had qualified for the Europa League knockout stage, Arteta had a few thousand fans mostly wearing masks in the stadium when he was facing his bad run of games.

I can't see the point of sacking Arteta, he possibly could have been sacked last season or the previous one but not after finishing 2nd in the league, despite the end of season collapse.

Getting a new manager in would mean having to rebuild the squad to suit the new boss & his tactics, this takes a few seasons or more as we know from recent history. I don't have faith in Arsenal even getting a new manager of the quality required anyway. Even getting a top manager often doesn't work out as has happened over & over again at the Swamp Dwellers.

So Arteta gets two more years for me, I expect CL qualification in both seasons & no more finishing outside the top 4 shite.

Next season we will have the three pimped fraudster clubs, Oil Cheaters, Chavski Nazis & Headchoppers to contend with, plus Munich Mancs & Heysel Mickeys fighting for top 4. I think we have proved this season we are the 2nd best team in the league, I also expect all the challengers mentioned will be taking more points off each other.

Maybe the Swamp Dwellers might make a challenge, alongside Villa & Brighton. I do expect a more competitive league apart from Oil Scum Citeh picking up anther fraudulent league title.

The main issue is will the Munich Mansc & Heysel Mickeys become part of the pimped fraudster money laundering cheating clique perhaps even with the Swamp Dwellers joining them?

If the above happens I won't be bothering anymore with this modern football bollox! :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: