CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 am
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 am
African cup of nations ??

January 9 th , 6 weeks away.

Should it go ahead and should players be released ?
We need it badly so we can jettison Auba, Pepe, Elneny and Partey.

Maybe they should go but not be allowed back.

The answer should be an unequivocal no……but we are talking about money 💰 here, so it probably will be okay for elite sportsmen and those 4 to do it.
Yup! Money / Profit / Big Business rules everything these days... It may prove too much of a financial loss to cancel - besides they will think what's a few dead thousand people... Typical FIFA/Eufa/FA/Prem Caaants. :box:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

So COVID passports for Arsenal from next week. Should have been done months ago tbh.

It's too late now, the variant has come in and is about to put the NHS under severe pressure in the next month or two.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:25 pm
So COVID passports for Arsenal from next week. Should have been done months ago tbh.

It's too late now, the variant has come in and is about to put the NHS under severe pressure in the next month or two.
Absolute madness to consider going to watch Arsenal at the moment.
Omicron hotspot right now is London - tomorrow the Emirates will see probably the largest gathering of people in London.

Super spreader event on steroids!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:54 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Omicron hotspot right now is London - tomorrow the Emirates will see probably the largest gathering of people in London.

Plus the fact you have to sit through 90+ Minutes of turgid shit, and pay 💰 for the pleasure.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:32 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:54 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Plus the fact you have to sit through 90+ Minutes of turgid shit, and pay 💰 for the pleasure.

I agree with you on most things Stuart mate! BUT "Pleasure" ??????

I know for some of our lovely posters on here (cough cough Rodders) there is a very fine line between 'pleasure' and 'pain'... :gettowork:

But I think on this occasion instead of the term 'pleasure' - maybe we should extend that to perhaps something like "utterly Banal, micro-Mis-managed boring, waste of coinage"

whaddya think? :rubchin:

shu

Post by shu »

Gunner Robb, time for you to wrap yourself up and stay in and safe !!!!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59639007

Fuckkk this OMICRON is going to make Covid 19 look like child's play....

I wonder how may years - yes that's "Years" - it is gong to be before the variants of this virus cease evolving to the point where it is Safe?. :? :cry: :cry:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Well looks like we are all fucked OBG me old china.

Rob said we would get the mutation here due to rampant cases, well as some of us said mutations gonna mutate no matter what, regardless of how many cases there are and how inept boris is (which he is)

I have no idea but the fact they delayed top gear for the idiot bojo to do another announcement suggest this is a bit more serious than they are letting on. now i'm eligible after yesterday booster is booked, but for those of us with elderly dependents etc its worrying.

And yet China gets off scot free, despite what is highly likely a form of biological warfare on their part to f up the world

the playing mantis

to clarify above, i don't mean as it was top gear...i mean an announcement on main channel in primetime unscheduled...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:36 pm
to clarify above, i don't mean as it was top gear...i mean an announcement on main channel in primetime unscheduled...
:lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:22 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59639007

Fuckkk this OMICRON is going to make Covid 19 look like child's play....

I wonder how may years - yes that's "Years" - it is gong to be before the variants of this virus cease evolving to the point where it is Safe?. :? :cry: :cry:
According to the linked article, 1 death and 10 people in hospital. Much worse from traffic accidents everyday.

Seems to be a lot of scare mongering from the media and government with very little actual fact.

They been telling us all to get vaccinations and now they're suddenly useless unless you get a booster...

If the hospital rates are staying relatively stable then why keep publishing daily covid numbers? We need to live with it as it isn't going away.

For the record, I have had both jabs and booster.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They keep telling us figures but not the salient ones . They used to say so many died but some had underlying health conditions but now they don't . If they want to get the booster figures across then how about 200 died today and 180 of those were not vaccinated or were dying anyway from something else .
It looks like boosters are going to be with us for sometime and no doubt will be added to the flue jab at some point.

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I do not agree that any professional football club should be allowed to call off a game cos they have had 20 covid cases in the club - havent these c.unts got dozens of players registered as players with their clubs ? I am nowhere near a fan of the egg chasing rugby boll*x sport, but Munster played Heineken Cup the other day missing most of their squad and had to use academy players, and their opponents (wasps) were in a similar state - nowhere along the line was there any talk about calling off games :oops: :oops:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Rob said we would get the mutation here due to rampant cases, well as some of us said mutations gonna mutate no matter what, regardless of how many cases there are and how inept boris is (which he is)

I have no idea but the fact they delayed top gear for the idiot bojo to do another announcement suggest this is a bit more serious than they are letting on. now i'm eligible after yesterday booster is booked, but for those of us with elderly dependents etc its worrying.

And yet China gets off scot free, despite what is highly likely a form of biological warfare on their part to f up the world
What a load of 'bollocks". :barscarf: :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Ray C wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:28 pm
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:35 pm

What a load of 'bollocks". :barscarf: :barscarf:
Maybe so! but still its petty obvious china released this from one of their labs, be it intentional or not.