CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

Post by StuartL »

After managing to avoid it for 2 and a half years I’ve finally succumbed….

All my jabs :box: and the booster too, but several months go now, so I’m guessing not much protection.

My better half caught it first, now me

Cough, sweats, lots of phlegm, aches behind my knees for some strange reason and quite exhausted all the time.

Still, nice weather to sit in the garden for a bit 8)

marka123

Post by marka123 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:55 pm

All my jabs :box: and the booster too, but several months go now, so I’m guessing not much protection.

Cough, sweats, lots of phlegm, aches behind my knees for some strange reason and quite exhausted all the time.

Same here, symptoms started Monday morning, got the same as you, legs aching all over and this morning my taste has gone. Major headaches as well.

Pretty sure I got it at a festival over the weekend. If this is what living with covid is like, I will be more careful about attending events in the future.

I had both jabs and booster but ages ago, so as you say, very limited protection.

It's just not going away anytime soon.

I can't have this going forward as I'm self employed and this has caused me a nightmare this week :banghead: :banghead:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

marka123 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:38 am
StuartL wrote:

Same here, symptoms started Monday morning, got the same as you, legs aching all over and this morning my taste has gone. Major headaches as well.

Pretty sure I got it at a festival over the weekend. If this is what living with covid is like, I will be more careful about attending events in the future.

I had both jabs and booster but ages ago, so as you say, very limited protection.

I can't have this going forward as I'm self employed and this has caused me a nightmare this week :banghead: :banghead:
Hope you feel better soon mate, well enough to start earning - same for my other half she is a self employed hairdresser and has had to cancel all her appointments, then will have to re~arrange them all again.

We had been pretty careful through lockdown and rarely went out to events or anything I guess lack of masks, people not bothering to test anymore ( now you have to pay) and a general blasé attitude about it all contributes.

Luckily it hasn’t affected her too badly, as due to her asthma, that was a big worry.

marka123

Post by marka123 »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:18 am
marka123 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Hope you feel better soon mate, well enough to start earning - same for my other half she is a self employed hairdresser and has had to cancel all her appointments, then will have to re~arrange them all again.

We had been pretty careful through lockdown and rarely went out to events or anything I guess lack of masks, people not bothering to test anymore ( now you have to pay) and a general blasé attitude about it all contributes.

Luckily it hasn’t affected her too badly, as due to her asthma, that was a big worry.
Cheers mate, hope you both feel better soon. Praying my other half doesn't pick it up from me, she'll be an absolute nightmare :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

marka123 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Sorry to hear this, lads. Hopefully you both get better soon.

I think I had it right back at the beginning of the pandemic and it was horrible, like the worst flu I'd ever had times a million. The testing was in its absolute infancy and they could not tell me either way if I had it, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Anyway, best wishes to you and your families, lads. 8)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I had my cocktail , the 4th 10 days ago , 2 x Astra , 1 x Pfizer and 1 x Moderna not as good as a Mojito or Daquiri but there you go . But today I have some of the symptoms of the new strain , a sore throat , slightly high temperature (could be the heat ) and coughing up small amounts of phlegm occasionally.
Taking a LFT when my lunch has cleared. Apparently a previous bout or the jabs protect to a point but the different strains can find their way round the antibodies but have a limited affect , but at least that's what I am telling myself.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:34 am
I had my cocktail , the 4th 10 days ago , 2 x Astra , 1 x Pfizer and 1 x Moderna not as good as a Mojito or Daquiri but there you go . But today I have some of the symptoms of the new strain , a sore throat , slightly high temperature (could be the heat ) and coughing up small amounts of phlegm occasionally.
Taking a LFT when my lunch has cleared. Apparently a previous bout or the jabs protect to a point but the different strains can find their way round the antibodies but have a limited affect , but at least that's what I am telling myself.
Fingers crossed you don't have it mate, or at worst a light dose.

marka123

Post by marka123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:17 am
marka123 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Sorry to hear this, lads. Hopefully you both get better soon.

I think I had it right back at the beginning of the pandemic and it was horrible, like the worst flu I'd ever had times a million. The testing was in its absolute infancy and they could not tell me either way if I had it, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Anyway, best wishes to you and your families, lads. 8)
Cheers DB

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:34 am
If you have a sore throat, a cough, feel hot 🥵 then a bit later cold 🥶 then you probably have it I’m afraid.
Will get worse over the next couple of days and you will feel drained doing anything at all.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you mate.

DB10 thanks for your best wishes, you are a big softie after all :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The LFT came out clear, but although the headache has subsided the coughing has remained however now a dry cough. Who knows ? I will check again tomorrow.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:37 pm
The LFT came out clear, but although the headache has subsided the coughing has remained however now a dry cough. Who knows ? I will check again tomorrow.
My first LFT was negative (about 2 days in) then 2 days later was very, very positive

marka123

Post by marka123 »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:24 am
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:37 pm
My first LFT was negative (about 2 days in) then 2 days later was very, very positive
My first on Monday was the faintest of lines. Today, tested again and despite having less severe symptoms now, the line is thick and dark red and appeared in under a minute. Guess this means I'm very infectious at the moment.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The chest infection is getting worse but two more lft's are still clear. Have contacted my doctor's surgery to find what I can take but I'm still waiting.

Quacks appointment at 4 pm .

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The practice nurse did her thing and it seems that I am clear of covid . Still feel as rough as a badger's arse though but it's no alcohol for 7 days whilst the antibiotics take their time .
I will be as grumpy as Augie by Wednesday .

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:55 pm
The practice nurse did her thing and it seems that I am clear of covid . Still feel as rough as a badger's arse though but it's no alcohol for 7 days whilst the antibiotics take their time .
I will be as grumpy as Augie by Wednesday .
You do know that there is absolutely no correlation between most common antibiotics and alcohol 🍺 making them not work ?