CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:52 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:52 pm
I see Austria are going to try and lock down all unvaccinated people - not sure how it will work however.

At least they are trying something though.
I certainly don’t see why unvaccinated people should get treated in an NHS hospital - if they get ill with COVID, then tough they should just get on with it.

I am not convinced there will be a big wave of COVID again (unless there is a mutation) but certainly the hospitals this winter are going to be stretched like we have never seen them before. This is all down to the Tories. They have cut services to the bone and not recruited enough staff. All made worse by Brexit of course :roll:
At least they are trying something?

By forcing people to inject a chemical into their body against their will.

Sure why not have them wear a badge on their sleeve to identify them.

Fucking hell is this where it's all heading
you are talking about an approved vaccine which has gone through all necessary trials and has been clearly proven to drastically reduce the death rate from COVID. you should be extremely grateful that you have the option of receiving this. Millions of people around the world do not yet have the opportunity of receiving this. without it the country would still be locked down because otherwise the hospitals would be completely overrun.

those idiots refusing to take this are the most selfish, self entitled fuckwits I have ever come across.
no you shouldn't need to force people, same as you shouldn't need to force people to wear seat belts in a car - it should be just common sense.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:24 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:22 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:00 pm
despite being very careful as i'm in the CEV group with a damaged chest that's lost 25% capacity
i tested positive for covid two weeks - I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
very fortunate that I only got symptoms like a mild cold and didn't need medical intervention
a very stressful time
I had 3 vaccines not 2 and a booster
be careful and take precautions and get the jab

Gazza
Sorry to hear this Gazza, glad it was mild and hope you make a full and speedy recovery :barscarf:

Was looking at the stats today , 50.5 million have had their first jab …about 88% so still over 10 % (I passed my O level maths btw) have not had even 1 jab at all :shock: :banghead:
thank you

feel back to my normal now and back to work tomorrow
I don't understand anyone not getting the jab the trails started nearly two years ago doesn't seem to have had many mass side effects
the only thing I don't like it wears off unlike the vaccines I had as a kid
Glad to hear you are feeling better mate. 8) Take care.
thank you

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
despite being very careful as i'm in the CEV group with a damaged chest that's lost 25% capacity
i tested positive for covid two weeks ago- I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
very fortunate that I only got symptoms like a mild cold and didn't need medical intervention
a very stressful time

Gazza
You're exactly the same classification as me mate when it comes to COVID. The third jab for us is the third dose of the initial vaccination program, with the possibility of a fourth dose ie a booster six months later.

I am pleased you didn't get severe symptoms and are on the mend, but it just goes to show, even three doses isn't necessarily enough. You can say though with confidence that the vaccine is working and without it things may have been much worse.

I am going to the Newcastle game, haven't missed this many home games in nearly 35 years (lockdown season excepted).

Just want this Boris experiment to end now, there's been 40-50000 infections for six months, most of the population must have some form of immunity. As someone who is CEV not sure how you feel, but the govt has put out a message that we are kind of sacrificial lambs with their public health messages. I mean look at the Conservatives in Parliament or Boris in a hospital not wearing a mask, that's why people aren't bothering in public settings especially on the tube to Arsenal.
if I hadn't been testing daily I would have gone to work on the Monday and spread it around
I do think the government is going for herd immunity now as enough people have had two jabs and not be ill
my third jab was 12 days before I got it - just in time to be at full strength
I did the antibody test its not clear wether the antibodies are from the vaccine or my body fighting it
I will be going to the Newcastle game still taking precautions wouldn't want to get it a second time or different variant
the government should have kept mask wearing the vast majority would have agreed to that

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/17/covid-uk ... -15618714/

lockdown for the unvaccinated hopefully coming here soon.
looks like the rest of Europe is seeing sense.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Mandatory vaccination in Austria and close in Germany , all Bavrian Christmas markets cancelled , It's only warming up

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:10 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
i tested positive for covid two weeks ago- I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
a very stressful time

Gazza
You're exactly the same classification as me mate when it comes to COVID. The third jab for us is the third dose of the initial vaccination program, with the possibility of a fourth dose ie a booster six months later.

I am pleased you didn't get severe symptoms and are on the mend, but it just goes to show, even three doses isn't necessarily enough. You can say though with confidence that the vaccine is working and without it things may have been much worse.

I am going to the Newcastle game, haven't missed this many home games in nearly 35 years (lockdown season excepted).

Just want this Boris experiment to end now, there's been 40-50000 infections for six months, most of the population must have some form of immunity. As someone who is CEV not sure how you feel, but the govt has put out a message that we are kind of sacrificial lambs with their public health messages. I mean look at the Conservatives in Parliament or Boris in a hospital not wearing a mask, that's why people aren't bothering in public settings especially on the tube to Arsenal.
if I hadn't been testing daily I would have gone to work on the Monday and spread it around
I do think the government is going for herd immunity now as enough people have had two jabs and not be ill
my third jab was 12 days before I got it - just in time to be at full strength
I did the antibody test its not clear wether the antibodies are from the vaccine or my body fighting it
I will be going to the Newcastle game still taking precautions wouldn't want to get it a second time or different variant
the government should have kept mask wearing the vast majority would have agreed to that
One of my mates was asymptomatic positive in January prior to his jabs. He's now been boosted, so must have super immunity. I would think for this winter you would be exactly the same.

The antibody tests are different for infection and vaccines. I had the vaccine antibody test and it did come back positive 4 months after my second jab, which kind of is reassuring, but doesn't mean I wont get infected going to the footy which now we cant sit outside pubs is probably the riskiest thing I will do this winter.

It's all kicked off in Europe now, only time will tell if our population immunity will stop things from getting worse here.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

New strain Omicron has got into the Uk - 2 Cases already... FFS Just SHUT THE FUCKIN' BORDERS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59445388

Two people in the UK have been found to be infected with the new Covid variant, Omicron, the health secretary has said.
Sajid Javid said the UK Health Security Agency had detected cases in Chelmsford, Essex, and in Nottingham.

He said the cases were linked and the two people were self-isolating alongside their households while more tests and contact tracing take place.
The new variant has also been identified in South Africa, Botswana, Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel.

How worrying is the new Covid variant?

Countries around the world are currently racing to introduce travel bans and restrictions on southern African countries in an effort to contain Omicron's spread.

Ten countries are now on the UK's travel red list meaning, from Sunday at 04:00 GMT, all arrivals will have to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days.
On Friday, the UK placed South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho and Eswatini on the list.

In his announcement on Saturday, the health secretary said Angola, Mozambique, Malawi and Zambia would be added to that list.
He also said: "We've always been very clear that we won't hesitate to take further action if that is what is required.

"Today I can announce one thing that we are doing immediately is carrying out targeted testing and sequencing of positive cases in the two areas that are affected."

He added: "If anyone has travelled to these four countries or any of the other red-listed countries in the last four days then they must self isolate and take PCR tests."

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Boris won’t shut the borders.

The airline industry is more important to him and the Tories

Lockdown incoming….iF this is a vaccine resistant mutation. I am not yet convinced that it is.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

50 plus in Holland , got off the last plane from South Africa apparently.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

African cup of nations ??

January 9 th , 6 weeks away.

Should it go ahead and should players be released ?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 am

We need it badly so we can jettison Auba, Pepe, Elneny and Partey.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Covid: Third case of Omicron variant detected in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59453744

Here We Fuckinng Go! :cussing:

:roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I have been reading a brilliant book by Robert Kennedy about Dr. Anthony Fauci. It was really well sourced (loads of links in the ebook) and shines a light on big pharmas grip on the medical institutions including universities. I knew that corruption was rife in the USA within agencies which were supposed to protect citizens and regulate industry (ie - SEC, FDA, NIH, etc), but I didn't realize how bad it has become. This book goes into large detail about it and it is an eye opener and speaks of the same happening in the UK.

I wasn't really one way or the other for vaccines, but as it became clear that boosters were going to be required every few months, I started to really think that this was turning into a giant cash cow with no end in sight. The book talks about how Ivermectin actually is effective against Covid2, but was suppressed in the press (the Merck patent expired in 1996) and how other drugs that could have been repurposed for the fight against Covid were ignored in favour of the vaccines with pressure from the pharma industry who fund a lot of research and universities.

With the indemnity against prosecution which the pharma corporations have with the current vaccines, is it really any wonder why people are against having one solution being forced upon them despite it not actually working for any length of time? Corporations, by nature, are sociopathic and do not care if they harm people as long as their bottom line is sufficient enough (maybe not even then). You only have to look at the many examples of vaccine providers who have settled out of court from lawsuits for fraud and/or ignoring harming people with their product (ie - Johnson and Johnson with asbestos in their baby powder, etc) to see that these corporations should be questioned at every step and held to account if there are side effects due to their negligence.

Ok - I am getting off my soapbox now. I would recommend the book even though I am still reading it and add that people need question everything that they are told by corporations and government.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 am
A11M11 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 am

We need it badly so we can jettison Auba, Pepe, Elneny and Partey.

Maybe they should go but not be allowed back.

The answer should be an unequivocal no……but we are talking about money 💰 here, so it probably will be okay for elite sportsmen and those 4 to do it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:10 pm
Mandatory vaccination in Austria and close in Germany , all Bavrian Christmas markets cancelled , It's only warming up as the weather gets colder
:rubchin: :wink: