CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

Post by mcdowell42 »

Remember the days on here ,when it was only about football and no quote towers :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm
Remember the days on here ,when it was only about football and no quote towers :lol:
You non-believers make me sick. There was always quote towers on here. They were the pride of the internet back in 07. 8)

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:11 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm
You non-believers make me sick. There was always quote towers on here. They were the pride of the internet back in 07. 8)

:wink:
Quote Towers were here before the Site/ Forum even existed. Even the Flat Earth' Society agree in that! :D

shu

Post by shu »

It’s flat here in Norfolk (go on Bard ) !!! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:31 pm
It’s flat here in Norfolk (go on Bard ) !!! :D
It's the only way the Norfolkians can keep their Banjo's in tune! :D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

COVID on the rise again, more people have it now than at the peak of the pandemic and lockdown.
I don't agree with the war on Ukraine, but I also don't agree with Ukraine getting a bye to the world cup. How many times have Ukrainians been done by uefa for racist and homophobic chants and slurs?
There is a strong extreme right wing element and it's probably those that have those tendancies that are holding strong against the Russians.
In footballing and sporting terms this current situation makes fifa and uefa look worse as they still held the world cup in Russia 4 years after it annexed crimea. Wouldn't be surprised if they were awarded the 2032 Euros.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:00 am
COVID on the rise again, more people have it now than at the peak of the pandemic and lockdown.
Don’t I know it, Nos!
Eldest daughter tested positive Tuesday and was completely knocked out. Younger daughter same on Thursday and now the wife today! All 3 suffering with blistering headaches, nausea, fatigue and temperature jumps. Guess it’s just a matter of time for me! And all of us are triple vaccinated.
It’s still out there people, and possibly worse then ever. But hey, Johnson says it’s over so what do we know?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Omicron BA.2 the latest strain that appears to be finding it's way around the vaccinations . People over 70 ( that's me ) and kids below 11 seem to be topping the charts at the moment so nothing will get done whilst that remains and the rest of the population can run around and spread it and not suffer too much from it .
However one more little mutation change to it and we are back to square one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:00 am
Don’t I know it, Nos!
Eldest daughter tested positive Tuesday and was completely knocked out. Younger daughter same on Thursday and now the wife today! All 3 suffering with blistering headaches, nausea, fatigue and temperature jumps. Guess it’s just a matter of time for me! And all of us are triple vaccinated.
It’s still out there people, and possibly worse then ever. But hey, Johnson says it’s over so what do we know?
Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully they get over it quickly and you avoid it. Take care.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:45 am
Omicron BA.2 the latest strain that appears to be finding it's way around the vaccinations . People over 70 ( that's me ) and kids below 11 seem to be topping the charts at the moment so nothing will get done whilst that remains and the rest of the population can run around and spread it and not suffer too much from it .
My son and quite a lot of his school got it. We weren't even aware as he tends to get the sniffles this time of the year, but he tested positive. If he had it worse, we won't really know. Hopefully no one has a hard time with it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:54 pm
A11M11 wrote:
My son and quite a lot of his school got it. We weren't even aware as he tends to get the sniffles this time of the year, but he tested positive. If he had it worse, we won't really know. Hopefully no one has a hard time with it.
Sorry to hear about your son mate. Hopefully it stays mild and he'll be over it in no time.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:12 pm
begeegs wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:54 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your son mate. Hopefully it stays mild and he'll be over it in no time.
Thanks - he is good now. It was maybe 1-2 days of sneezing, but not more than hay fever would have given him. This was why it was a bit of a surprise that he tested positive.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It's been rife in primary schools here . My granddaughter and about half of her class mates have had it . The trouble is that it's so mild for them that we don't know how strong antibodies might be but they bring it home to the rest of the family.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I recogn I have the Tottenham variant, it's a pain in the arse and won't leave my body 9 days in!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:42 pm
I recogn I have the Tottenham variant, it's a pain in the arse and won't leave my body 9 days in!
:lol:

But the year doesn't end in one! :lol: :wink: