CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

:shock:

:lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nearly 2 yrs avoiding covid ,man down :lol:

Antigen positive, health service telling me to book a pcr test online,I've a better chance of winning the lottery ,not 1 test can be got online anywhere in the country, have to wait till my GP reopens Tuesday for him to refer me ,was a close contact of person in the house who managed to get a pcr test yesterday as she works in the local nursing home, so I get a text from HSE telling me to isolate which I'm already doing,and that they will decide if I need a pcr test or sending me out more antigen tests tht ive already have in the house.

No symptoms yesterday,woke up this morning slight sore throat ,as the day progressed I now have runny nose, cough sneezing,few yrs ago these symptoms wouldn't stop me going to work.

The longer it takes me to get a pcr test ,means longer before I can go back work.Havent missed a day from work with illness in over 8 yrs :banghead:

Happy New Year anyway :censored: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Both my daughters tested positive and subsequently had PCR test confirmation -meaning that I have yet to see them over Christmas :banghead: :evil:

As far as I am aware I have managed to avoid its clutches, I have been pretty careful as my partner has asthma and I don’t won’t to put her at any risk.

Hope you recover soon McDowell and any of you others out there with it

Stay safe Gooners :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Cheers Stuart,just got a text a few mins ago,they've organised a pcr test for me Tues morning,luckily enough the test centre is not too far away, I've heard stories of people travelling long distances to get a test.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Forest game tomorrow postponed, so possible FA Cup tie gets rescheduled…

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news ... postponed/

Nottingham Forest can confirm that the Sky Bet Championship fixture with Barnsley scheduled for tomorrow, Monday 3rd January, has been postponed.

The club applied to the EFL for the fixture to be postponed due to a combination of injuries and positive COVID-19 tests resulting in less than the minimum numbers of players available to fulfil the fixture under EFL rules. This is the first Forest fixture that has been postponed due to the pandemic.

…. next fixture is the Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round tie against Arsenal at The City Ground next Sunday, 9th January, with a 5.10pm kick off. That fixture remains on. Should the situation change, supporters will be advised immediately through official club channels.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:39 pm
Cheers Stuart,just got a text a few mins ago,they've organised a pcr test for me Tues morning,luckily enough the test centre is not too far away, I've heard stories of people travelling long distances to get a test.
Get well soon mate, hopefully, it won't be anything too severe.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thanks Nut Flush,not too bad this morning,runny nose has stopped,small cough ,sore throat not as bad as it was yesterday.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:04 am
Thanks Nut Flush,not too bad this morning,runny nose has stopped,small cough ,sore throat not as bad as it was yesterday.
Glad you are recovering well Mac, dont want you crying off putting starting line ups on here because of a snivel :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:18 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Glad you are recovering well Mac, dont want you crying off putting starting line ups on here because of a snivel :lol:
I've a small cough and a few sniffles other than that I'm fine.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:29 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Glad to hear it's not too severe a dose buddy. Hopefully you'll fly through it and back to work next week. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Serbs are now coming across as the mousers* of Europe dropping persecution complexes and victim cards all over the shop because the spoiled rich tennis wànker Nofacking Jokabitch is being "held" in an isolation hotel in Australia. :oops: :roll:

Hilariously an Aussie govt spokesperson said "he's not being held anywhere, he's chosen to stay in the hotel, he can go home anytime he wants". :lol:

Although I suppose there are other similarities with the mousers* - the Serbs also killed a lot of innocent people in the past, but accept no blame for it. :censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:29 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Glad to hear it's not too severe a dose buddy. Hopefully you'll fly through it and back to work next week. 8)

Back Monday DB , I'll be back a few hrs when I start moaning about being back at work :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:23 pm
The Serbs are now coming across as the mousers* of Europe dropping persecution complexes and victim cards all over the shop because the spoiled rich tennis wànker Nofacking Jokabitch is being "held" in an isolation hotel in Australia. :oops: :roll:

Hilariously an Aussie govt spokesperson said "he's not being held anywhere, he's chosen to stay in the hotel, he can go home anytime he wants". :lol:

Although I suppose there are other similarities with the mousers* - the Serbs also killed a lot of innocent people in the past, but accept no blame for it. :censored:
Yes the horrible Serbs have history , well said Australia and DB

NickF

Post by NickF »

Well that backfired spectacularly.

The Australian government wanted to prove that nobody, no matter how rich and famous is above the law.

It seems that in Djokovic case, they are above the law. You can apparently bypass visa requirements to be fully vaccinated with an exemption from Tennis Australia, who in no way have a vested interest in him playing.

Also seems a very convenient case of Covid for Djokovic in December given that the tournament is in January.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:42 am
Well that backfired spectacularly.

The Australian government wanted to prove that nobody, no matter how rich and famous is above the law.

It seems that in Djokovic case, they are above the law. You can apparently bypass visa requirements to be fully vaccinated with an exemption from Tennis Australia, who in no way have a vested interest in him playing.

Also seems a very convenient case of Covid for Djokovic in December given that the tournament is in January.
Djokovic also pictured with a young child fan a day after testing positive for covid....apparently