CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:11 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am
Well this is what happens when you allow people to do what they want. They do exactly that and to hell with the correct protocols. Every other major European nation has covid under control because in addition to the vaccines they are doing two basic things. Scrapping the COVID passport was a huge mistake in England.

Are we honestly surprised this is happening again, this time COVID wont be the only problem that hospitals face this winter. If we do lockdown again, the people are as much part of the problem as the govt.
I must admit that although I hated some of the over cautious stuff from months ago, I can't understand not rolling out vaccine passports or carrying on with mask wearing in indoor public settings. The first one causes no inconvenience whatsoever once you have the NHS App or the actual vaccine card, and the second one whilst not particularly pleasant (especially when you wear glasses!) is a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things. I could do both indefinitely if it meant no more lockdowns.

Lets be clear though - although infections per day are similar to levels at the start of the year there are less than 8k people in hospital as opposed to 40k (and less than 1k on ventilators). Getting everyone vaccinated and boosting once available still remains the key
Theres a lot less people being hospitalised. But waning vaccine protection and a huge backlog of elective care threatens the NHS in a different way this winter.

I have the covid passport on my phone and masks really aren’t any bother. A lot of countries just have these measures and are doing much better than us. These deaths are needless.
There's a perception that they are doing better but the testing numbers in most of the EU are way below test figures here........when you look at the deaths per headcount there isn't much difference between us and the EU. In any event I agree about the masks and the passports -even the hospitality sector are saying they are happy for those measures to avoid much stricter lockdowns which threaten their very existence
If you are referring to the key metrics hospitalisations/deaths then I am afraid you are mistaken. In particular, for deaths per million population, our death rate is over double that of France, Italy and Germany.

I would post a graph from ourworldindata to prove this, but it's a bloody nightmare posting graphics on this site. You will have to take my word for it.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

despite being very careful as i'm in the CEV group with a damaged chest that's lost 25% capacity
i tested positive for covid two weeks ago- I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
very fortunate that I only got symptoms like a mild cold and didn't need medical intervention
a very stressful time
I had 3 vaccines not 2 and a booster
be careful and take precautions and get the jab

Gazza
Last edited by gazzatt2 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:00 pm
despite being very careful as i'm in the CEV group with a damaged chest that's lost 25% capacity
i tested positive for covid two weeks - I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
very fortunate that I only got symptoms like a mild cold and didn't need medical intervention
a very stressful time

Gazza
Sorry to hear this Gazza, glad it was mild and hope you make a full and speedy recovery :barscarf:

Was looking at the stats today , 50.5 million have had their first jab …about 88% so still over 10 % (I passed my O level maths btw) have not had even 1 jab at all :shock: :banghead:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
i tested positive for covid two weeks - I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
a very stressful time

Gazza
Sorry to hear this Gazza, glad it was mild and hope you make a full and speedy recovery :barscarf:

Was looking at the stats today , 50.5 million have had their first jab …about 88% so still over 10 % (I passed my O level maths btw) have not had even 1 jab at all :shock: :banghead:
thank you

feel back to my normal now and back to work tomorrow
I don't understand anyone not getting the jab the trails started nearly two years ago doesn't seem to have had many mass side effects
the only thing I don't like it wears off unlike the vaccines I had as a kid

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:22 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
a very stressful time

Gazza

thank you

feel back to my normal now and back to work tomorrow
I don't understand anyone not getting the jab the trails started nearly two years ago doesn't seem to have had many mass side effects
the only thing I don't like it wears off unlike the vaccines I had as a kid
Glad to hear you are feeling better mate. 8) Take care.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
i tested positive for covid two weeks ago- I did a test every day as my wife works in a care home
a very stressful time

Gazza
You're exactly the same classification as me mate when it comes to COVID. The third jab for us is the third dose of the initial vaccination program, with the possibility of a fourth dose ie a booster six months later.

I am pleased you didn't get severe symptoms and are on the mend, but it just goes to show, even three doses isn't necessarily enough. You can say though with confidence that the vaccine is working and without it things may have been much worse.

I am going to the Newcastle game, haven't missed this many home games in nearly 35 years (lockdown season excepted).

Just want this Boris experiment to end now, there's been 40-50000 infections for six months, most of the population must have some form of immunity. As someone who is CEV not sure how you feel, but the govt has put out a message that we are kind of sacrificial lambs with their public health messages. I mean look at the Conservatives in Parliament or Boris in a hospital not wearing a mask, that's why people aren't bothering in public settings especially on the tube to Arsenal.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I see Austria are going to try and lock down all unvaccinated people - not sure how it will work however.

At least they are trying something though.
I certainly don’t see why unvaccinated people should get treated in an NHS hospital - if they get ill with COVID, then tough they should just get on with it.

I am not convinced there will be a big wave of COVID again (unless there is a mutation) but certainly the hospitals this winter are going to be stretched like we have never seen them before. This is all down to the Tories. They have cut services to the bone and not recruited enough staff. All made worse by Brexit of course :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:52 pm
I see Austria are going to try and lock down all unvaccinated people - not sure how it will work however.

I certainly don’t see why unvaccinated people should get treated in an NHS hospital - if they get ill with COVID, then tough they should just get on with it.

I am not convinced there will be a big wave of COVID again (unless there is a mutation) but certainly the hospitals this winter are going to be stretched like we have never seen them before. This is all down to the Tories. They have cut services to the bone and not recruited enough staff. All made worse by Brexit of course :roll:
Yeah, while we're at it we should stop treating women who have cervical cancer if they didn't get the HPV jab beforehand. They should just get on with it. Hell, why not throw in the 60-90% of throat/tonsil, vaginal, anal, penis and mouth cancers that are likely to be caused by HPV too?

Not had the TB jab? Cough a clot and get on with it yourself. Not had the diphtheria jab? Good luck dealing with the swollen neck right before you die! Not had any of your Hep jabs? Good luck. Meningococcal jab? Oh, dear; enjoy menegitis...briefly. Not had all 29 vaccines available (and their required respected boosters, if necessary)? Off to the undertakers with you, creature!

This mindset shouldn't be restricted to vaccines, either. Considered medically obese? Get fucked, fatty! You've made your bed, now die in it. Enjoy smoking? Ah, well no breathing related healthcare for you, tar lungs! Like a couple of drinks? Suffer.

The tax payer should only receive their universal healthcare if, and only if, they have lead a fully nurtircious lifestyle, have an excellent BMI and have had EVERY single vaccine and booster. Otherwise they're considered untermensch, isn't that right? :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Yeah, while we're at it we should stop treating women who have cervical cancer if they didn't get the HPV jab beforehand. They should just get on with it. Hell, why not throw in the 60-90% of throat/tonsil, vaginal, anal, penis and mouth cancers that are likely to be caused by HPV too?

Not had the TB jab? Cough a clot and get on with it yourself. Not had the diphtheria jab? Good luck dealing with the swollen neck right before you die! Not had any of your Hep jabs? Good luck. Meningococcal jab? Oh, dear; enjoy menegitis...briefly. Not had all 29 vaccines available (and their required respected boosters, if necessary)? Off to the undertakers with you, creature!

This mindset shouldn't be restricted to vaccines, either. Considered medically obese? Get fucked, fatty! You've made your bed, now die in it. Enjoy smoking? Ah, well no breathing related healthcare for you, tar lungs! Like a couple of drinks? Suffer.

The tax payer should only receive their universal healthcare if, and only if, they have lead a fully nurtircious lifestyle, have an excellent BMI and have had EVERY single vaccine and booster. Otherwise they're considered untermensch, isn't that right? :roll:
sorry but you are missing the point.
Cancer and other illnesses are NOT transmissable - Coronavirus IS

The more people get vaccinated the more transmission will reduce, fewer people will die and fewer people will be hospitalised so hospitals can actually treat people with other illnesses. People who believe the conspiracy theories put about the anti vax brigade are the scum of society.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Rob , you can't teach stupid. , The figures in favour of vaccination are overwhelming , but there will always be people that want to believe to the contrary . It doesn't matter how many times you put the evidence to them they believe that black is white and they won't be disuaded.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunner Rob wrote:

At least they are trying something?

By forcing people to inject a chemical into their body against their will.

Sure why not have them wear a badge on their sleeve to identify them.

Fucking hell is this where it's all heading

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Get a lanyard with a bell on it . "" UNCLEAN ""

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

sorry but you are missing the point.
Cancer and other illnesses are NOT transmissable - Coronavirus IS

The more people get vaccinated the more transmission will reduce, fewer people will die and fewer people will be hospitalised so hospitals can actually treat people with other illnesses. People who believe the conspiracy theories put about the anti vax brigade are the scum of society.

Did I mention transmission of the virus or any virus? NO. Was I talking specifically about any particularly illness, or casting apersions about the vaccine? NO. You've listerslly missed your own point.

I, VERY clearly, responded to your fucking ridiculous suggestion that 'unvaccinated people shouldn't be treated on the NHS.' That has nothing to do with transmission or death, because we are talking about the HEALTHCARE (hospitalisation/treatment of individual people ) of people.

Going back to the point about healthcare (and just so it's clear to you, and A11M11 - who also appears to have issues with comprehending that discussions on healthcare don't include discussions of the vaccine itself), if you want to say something as stupid as "people who haven't had the vaccine shouldn't be treated on the NHS" then you can't just limit one choice. Let's not treat people for obesity/poor dietary related complaints such as hypertension, clogged arteries etc because they've made the choice to eat a certain way, despite the warnings. Let's not treat people for meningitis if they haven't had the preventable vaccine, or flu - we warn people every year to get a flu jab, so if you're taking bad with it and you haven't had a jab then fuck ya. Hell, if you've made an attempt on your life, why should you use resources as you've made the choice to try and die. Choice. Choice. Choice. You can't police the healthcare of others based in whether they have decided to a vaccine, because then you must police EVERY Heath and lifestyle choice. Unless, of course, your intending your extremist views to be limited to literally ONE vaccine? Selective fascism and all that.

Your argument of "the more people do X then the better Y" is great idealism. The more people did things that were healthy for them the better for all of society and the healthcare system. We live in the real world, though, for better or worse.

I didn't mention anything about the vaccine or any anti-vaccine stuff...so.....yeah, thanks for needlessly chucking that in, I guess.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Meanwhile across the channel , you need to get a French QR code before you can use the health passport that is required in order to access venues including bars, cafés, tourist attractions, theatres and long-distance train travel.
It's not always about what we do here , if you want to travel you have to abide by the country that you are visiting's rules.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:08 pm
Rob , you can't teach stupid. , The figures in favour of vaccination are overwhelming , but there will always be people that want to believe to the contrary . It doesn't matter how many times you put the evidence to them they believe that black is white and they won't be disuaded.
seeing the subsequent posts on here I think you are probably correct :roll: