CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fucking right!.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:20 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:13 am
Of course it is . It's never gone away just simmered under the surface . There is a goal for the United Ireland and the way the Northern ireland protocal was formulated has given them more hope to get it.
Totally one sided view, similar to the Chelsea Nazi support. There's no UI unless the whole of Ireland votes for it in democratic referendums. That's what the GFA was all about.

No one gives a shite in Britain about this bollox , opinion polls are always in favour of UI in Britain for decades.

As for Sinn Fein their days are numbered if & when that happens, they even can't get into power in Dublin nowadays even if they are the biggest party as apart from a few hard left loving Putin bung crusty types no other parties will join up with them in a coalition government.

In an All Ireland government SF would have no serious allies & would have no say in how it would be run. An All Ireland government would actually have even better relations with the British government & SF would be finished for good.
It's mainly Von de Leyen and her cohorts that want it , it weakens Britain and that's their aim . They will use any method they can and a few wannabee para militaries suit their purpose. Remember Verhofstad was recorded saying "" If all else fails , we can always use Ireland "".

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone who might want to know about how Putin came to Power and how he made sure all the Oligarchs did as they were told is explain in this most excellent interview with the renowned historian Steve Kotkin....

Sounds. a bit boring I know, but believe me it isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mm3hgc1hhg
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sun May 08, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:02 am
A11M11 wrote:
Of course it is . It's never gone away just simmered under the surface . There is a goal for the United Ireland and the way the Northern ireland protocal was formulated has given them more hope to get it.
Totally one sided view, similar to the Chelsea Nazi support. There's no UI unless the whole of Ireland votes for it in democratic referendums. That's what the GFA was all about.

No one gives a shite in Britain about this bollox , opinion polls are always in favour of UI in Britain for decades.

As for Sinn Fein their days are numbered if & when that happens, they even can't get into power in Dublin nowadays even if they are the biggest party as apart from a few hard left loving Putin bung crusty types no other parties will join up with them in a coalition government.

In an All Ireland government SF would have no serious allies & would have no say in how it would be run. An All Ireland government would actually have even better relations with the British government & SF would be finished for good.
It's mainly Von de Leyen and her cohorts that want it , it weakens Britain and that's their aim . They will use any method they can and a few wannabee para militaries suit their purpose. Remember Verhofstad was recorded saying "" If all else fails , we can always use Ireland "".
I don't care what UI opinion polls say, if there was a referendum and the realities of becoming part of the ROI are explained, then I think it would be rejected by a lot of so called "Nationalists".
Even Sinn Feiners themselves would be hiding which box they put their X in.
Once they are made aware, "no more DLA"
"pay to visit the doctor" pay to visit the dentist" "pay for prescriptions" "pay to go into hospital"
Outside Dublin, the place is still a fucking third world country.
I work with a lad from Donegal who has a child with a medical condition, they have to travel 150 miles to Dublin for treatment!
I certainly wouldn't be voting for it, myself an my missus, have agreed we will move to mainland UK or abroad if it happens.
I also doubt that a majority in ROI would vote to take on the North, not just because of the financial implications, but because a UI would be met with a Loyalist terror campaign, that would bring shootings and bombings to all corners of the country.
I'd love to see a referendum so this romantic notion of a UI can be put to bed for my lifetime at least.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:15 am
A11M11 wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

I don't care what UI opinion polls say, if there was a referendum and the realities of becoming part of the ROI are explained, then I think it would be rejected by a lot of so called "Nationalists".
"pay to visit the doctor" pay to visit the dentist" "pay for prescriptions" "pay to go into hospital"
I work with a lad from Donegal who has a child with a medical condition, they have to travel 150 miles to Dublin for treatment!
I certainly wouldn't be voting for it, myself an my missus, have agreed we will move to mainland UK or abroad if it happens.
I also doubt that a majority in ROI would vote to take on the North, not just because of the financial implications, but because a UI would be met with a Loyalist terror campaign, that would bring shootings and bombings to all corners of the country.
I'd love to see a referendum so this romantic notion of a UI can be put to bed for my lifetime at least.
You are right Sid. Outside of a few IRA-romanticising idiots no one in the South really wants a UI. It would destroy our economy having to carry the broken North with it's poor (mostly segregated) education system, sectarian-biased unemployment (we already have high enough unemployment here ffs!) , child poverty (highest in the UK) and far ranging mental health problems that the UK currently subsidises - the cost of the Prozac prescriptions because of "the Troubles narny narny" alone are astonishing! £18million a year - currently paid for by the British tax payer. Fucked if we want to take that on. :roll: :wink:

Then the resulting Loyalist terror campaign would put Dublin right where Belfast was in the 1980s. We have enough shootings here with the drug gangs! :lol:

There is no real world benefit whatsoever to Ireland taking over the North. It would be an albatross around our neck.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:05 am
goonersid wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

You are right Sid. Outside of a few IRA-romanticising idiots no one in the South really wants a UI. It would destroy our economy having to carry the broken North with it's poor (mostly segregated) education system, sectarian-biased unemployment (we already have high enough unemployment here ffs!) , child poverty (highest in the UK) and far ranging mental health problems that the UK currently subsidises - the cost of the Prozac prescriptions because of "the Troubles narny narny" alone are astonishing! £18million a year - currently paid for by the British tax payer. Fucked if we want to take that on. :roll: :wink:

Then the resulting Loyalist terror campaign would put Dublin right where Belfast was in the 1980s. We have enough shootings here with the drug gangs! :lol:

There is no real world benefit whatsoever to Ireland taking over the North. It would be an albatross around our neck.
Thing is DB, take away the remaining minority extremists in both sides, Northern Ireland is thriving, there is plenty if work for those who want it and it's actually now a nice place to live.
Derry is unrecognisable from what it was in the late 80,s and early 90's.
There is a real pride here and rightly so, I would deny any body to come here and not be impressed by what Derry has to offer, from the Halloween celebrations to the annual Jazz and Blues festival.
Belfast is the same, years ago it would have been a no go for me, whereas now, me and the missus try to get a nite there 4 or 5 times a year.
I hear people rave in about places like Galway! It's a shithole and bye and large a not too friendly shithole.
I wish the unionist politicians would give the shinners their referendum and put the thing off the table for the next 50 years.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonersid wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 12:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Thing is DB, take away the remaining minority extremists in both sides, Northern Ireland is thriving, there is plenty if work for those who want it and it's actually now a nice place to live.
There is a real pride here and rightly so, I would deny any body to come here and not be impressed by what Derry has to offer, from the Halloween celebrations to the annual Jazz and Blues festival.
Belfast is the same, years ago it would have been a no go for me, whereas now, me and the missus try to get a nite there 4 or 5 times a year.
I hear people rave in about places like Galway! It's a shithole and bye and large a not too friendly shithole.
I wish the unionist politicians would give the shinners their referendum and put the thing off the table for the next 50 years.
Do you have anything nice to say about the south at all?

No way is Galway a shithole. It's known worldwide for a reason.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 5:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Have to agree. Been in a lot of places up North and only a few impressed me tbh.

But Galway is a fucking cool city. 8)

shu

Post by shu »

I have never been to Ireland and never will . Having grown up in the troubles and watched the effects of the annual Xmas IRA bombs in London I have no positive thoughts at all on Northern Ireland and in particular Belfast .
I find alf this sectarian stuff still unbelievable , different schools , hatred, death because someone is a different religion.
Do u know I don’t care what religion anŷone is as long as they treat me and my own ok .

Sorry luckily enough I have been sheltered from this , I hope it doesn’t kick off again friends .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:23 pm
I have never been to Ireland and never will . Having grown up in the troubles and watched the effects of the annual Xmas IRA bombs in London I have no positive thoughts at all on Northern Ireland and in particular Belfast .
I find alf this sectarian stuff still unbelievable , different schools , hatred, death because someone is a different religion.
Do u know I don’t care what religion anŷone is as long as they treat me and my own ok .

Sorry luckily enough I have been sheltered from this , I hope it doesn’t kick off again friends .
Spot on mate. People killing innocent people because of differing political cultural and religious beliefs is just sick.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

I like Dublin and many other places down South, but have always found Galway over rated and remember visiting there in the 90's and it was quite clear their welcome was reserved for Yanks and certainly not for anyone from the North, I found Kerry to be the same.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:38 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:

I like Dublin and many other places down South, but have always found Galway over rated and remember visiting there in the 90's and it was quite clear their welcome was reserved for Yanks and certainly not for anyone from the North, I found Kerry to be the same.
But sid, old buddy, you are a Nordy. You must get that reception in every city in the world! It's the whole "narny narny sitch-e-ation" thing. :D :wink: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:cry: now it all makes sense :cry: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:35 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Have to agree. Been in a lot of places up North and only a few impressed me tbh.

But Galway is a fucking cool city. 8)
Also some of the best Ganja available comes in via Galway.... 8)