The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: new membership cards

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:31 pm
You should have a card to use as well , so just use that if you have no smartphone.
You will find this answer in the super thread once DB merges it :lol:
See? There's a man that knows this forum!

:lol: :wink:

Rian1

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by Rian1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:58 am
From what I gather the ST list has collapsed. That combined with a lack of football tourists for the foreseeable future will have a massive impact on matchday revenue when things finally get going again.
Don't think so - added my brother to the ST list almost 3 years ago now and he's gone from 97k to 92.7 or so. Last year was about 93.2 so give or take 400 people did not renew. Don't think they are struggling with ST.

More like with Hospitality and Club Level if you ask me. Fans are resenting about £70 a ticket, forget forking 200+ to watch this shit.

arrgee

Re: JG, Purple, Red, Silver, Platinum & ST Renewals - 2020/21 - The Covid Apocalypse

Post by arrgee »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
From what I gather the ST list has collapsed. That combined with a lack of football tourists for the foreseeable future will have a massive impact on matchday revenue when things finally get going again.
Don't think so - added my brother to the ST list almost 3 years ago now and he's gone from 97k to 92.7 or so. Last year was about 93.2 so give or take 400 people did not renew. Don't think they are struggling with ST.

More like with Hospitality and Club Level if you ask me. Fans are resenting about £70 a ticket, forget forking 200+ to watch this shit.
A lot of STHs have deferred this season. There could well be 1000s more tickets available on game by game basis. Plus all those who dump the tickets on Ticket Exchange.

Puzzled why anyone would buy a season ticket these days given you aren’t even guaranteed a cup final ticket. Easy enough to get tickets for individual games. Except when Arsenal don’t open the Ticket Exchange…

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Judging by the fact we couldn't even sell out a game against the champions of Europe. I think you will find a lot of attendances that are well below capacity this season. Season tickets holders might be deferring, but wait until next season a lot will not bother if the team carries on like this.

A11M11

Re: The Season Ticket/JG/Silvers/Reds Discussion Superthread

Post by A11M11 »

Upper Tier A B C
Centre Upper Back £95.50 £55.50 £38.50
Next to Centre Upper £95.50 £55.50 £38.50
Nxt to Centre Upper Back £84 .00 £49.50 £34.50
Wing Upper £84.00 £49.50 £34.50
Wing Upper Back £74.50 £43.00 £30.50
Corner Upper £84.00 £49.50 £34.50
Goal Upper £90.00 £52.50 £36.50
Goal Upper Back £74.50 £43.00 £30.50

It's the upper tier extortion , It was category A , The lower tier £ 64.00 sold out . Which suggests that there will be a demand for the lower categories but whilst the club holds back exchange until everything is sold , there will be games that do not sell out.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Only club level available for Arsenal v Norwich. I guess they all have to be sold at £95 - £165 before any ticket exchange tickets can be made available. I suspect there will be far fewer season ticket renewals next year.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:13 am
Only club level available for Arsenal v Norwich. I guess they all have to be sold at £95 - £165 before any ticket exchange tickets can be made available. I suspect there will be far fewer season ticket renewals next year.
Still plenty of sheep prepared to keep going then - just don’t expect any change in management anytime soon

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 am
arrgee wrote:
Still plenty of sheep prepared to keep going then - just don’t expect any change in management anytime soon
I am going to Arsenal v Norwich. Reckon it will be on a par with Walsall in 1983.

CambsGooner

Post by CambsGooner »

Hello lads, just wanted to introduce myself. 1st post :o I used to post here years ago and on the old HERD forum. Been away for ages due to work. I had a silver membership for years but forgot to renew it a few years back.

I was casually checking my Emails a few weeks ago and low and behold after 7 years of waiting I was offered a season ticket. After a long convo with the sales chap and me telling him the only way I would take up offer is if I could be placed on the lower tier 2 together (my brother was offered one also). He put me on hold and after a five minute wait he came and said he could offer me 2 together in block 14 £800 each but with no guarantee of being offered the same seats next year. Part of the offer was that if they could not offer the same seats next year or 2 together at the equivalent price brand that they would then allow me to defer for a year.
After a bit of thought and a lot of encouragement from a mate before this disaster of a season started I took up the offer as they were lower tier and a quick route to the lower tier even if I have defer a season. The seats I have taken up are seats that were put on a years holiday.

Little did I know that we would be sitting g rock bottom after 3 games. Ticket demand at an all time low. I was thinking of selling a few home games this year but it looks like it will be an impossible job.

The one thing I didn’t realise when I took up the tickets was the change to the cup final policy (not that we have a chance of getting to a final the way we are playing) as far as I can see away credits no longer hold any weight in getting semi and final tickets as this is now linked to home attendance in the league and relevant cup.
Oh well a 7 year wait to take 2 season tickets to be rock bottom it’s only up from here boys!!!
Good to be back!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

CambsGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Hello lads, just wanted to introduce myself. 1st post :o I used to post here years ago and on the old HERD forum. Been away for ages due to work. I had a silver membership for years but forgot to renew it a few years back.

I was casually checking my Emails a few weeks ago and low and behold after 7 years of waiting I was offered a season ticket. After a long convo with the sales chap and me telling him the only way I would take up offer is if I could be placed on the lower tier 2 together (my brother was offered one also). He put me on hold and after a five minute wait he came and said he could offer me 2 together in block 14 £800 each but with no guarantee of being offered the same seats next year. Part of the offer was that if they could not offer the same seats next year or 2 together at the equivalent price brand that they would then allow me to defer for a year.
After a bit of thought and a lot of encouragement from a mate before this disaster of a season started I took up the offer as they were lower tier and a quick route to the lower tier even if I have defer a season. The seats I have taken up are seats that were put on a years holiday.

Little did I know that we would be sitting g rock bottom after 3 games. Ticket demand at an all time low. I was thinking of selling a few home games this year but it looks like it will be an impossible job.

The one thing I didn’t realise when I took up the tickets was the change to the cup final policy (not that we have a chance of getting to a final the way we are playing) as far as I can see away credits no longer hold any weight in getting semi and final tickets as this is now linked to home attendance in the league and relevant cup.
Oh well a 7 year wait to take 2 season tickets to be rock bottom it’s only up from here boys!!!
Good to be back!
Welcome back to the forum, :barscarf:

Good to have new insight alongside the regular moaners :wink:

nut flush gooner

arrgee wrote:
Is that really the case? I was looking at seat maps before the Chelsea game and there were thousands of unsold tickets in the upper tier right up to the last few days. And most worrying it went to general sale. The official attendance was 58,000 ish, I expect there to be a lot less turning up for Norwich including Season Ticket holders that won't bother.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ticket Exchange only becomes active once the game sells out.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 am
arrgee wrote:
Is that really the case? I was looking at seat maps before the Chelsea game and there were thousands of unsold tickets in the upper tier right up to the last few days. And most worrying it went to general sale. The official attendance was 58,000 ish, I expect there to be a lot less turning up for Norwich including Season Ticket holders that won't bother.
So are we at the stage where you can just turn up on a Saturday afternoon and get a ticket ?

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:53 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
So are we at the stage where you can just turn up on a Saturday afternoon and get a ticket ?
In the days of the internet no. You can buy a ticket right up to the day before online.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:53 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
In the days of the internet no. You can buy a ticket right up to the day before online.
I don’t understand that if the game is not sold out ?
I thought that Arsenal FC was now a business - surely they should be allowing people to buy a ticket right up until kick off.